Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 20, 2011
3:32:05 PM
Amazon App Store

The new Amazon App Store goes live on 3/22 but AT&T users will probably be left out due to the no sideloading policy.  Since there are going to be some Amazon exclusives as well as price differences (cheaper on Amazon) I have a feeling that AT&T will not change it's stance and that we will be effectively locked out.

The new Amazon App Store goes live on 3/22 but AT&T users will probably be left out due to the no sideloading policy.  Since there are going to be some Amazon exclusives as well as price differences (cheaper on Amazon) I have a feeling that AT&T will not change it's stance and that we will be effectively locked out.

Amazon App Store

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 6:50:34 AM
(0)
Professor

Thats a real shame cuz I want to download the Angry Birds Rio game and I cant.Smiley Sad

Thats a real shame cuz I want to download the Angry Birds Rio game and I cant.Smiley Sad

Re: Amazon App Store

2 of 13 (1,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 6:56:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

Totally agree.  AT&T really sucks with all the restrictions it be placing, a lot for no reason other than greed.  So we miss out on getting Angry Birds Rio for free.  And they wonder why customers are always cracking their phones.

Totally agree.  AT&T really sucks with all the restrictions it be placing, a lot for no reason other than greed.  So we miss out on getting Angry Birds Rio for free.  And they wonder why customers are always cracking their phones.

3 of 13 (1,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 7:06:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

I agree, on the Amazon site there is a link to be notified when ATT fixes this.  If enough of us complain there they may get the hint.

I agree, on the Amazon site there is a link to be notified when ATT fixes this.  If enough of us complain there they may get the hint.

4 of 13 (1,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 7:11:02 AM
(0)
Professor

I already submitted my emial adress to be notified on this issue. I'm thinking if we all start calling ATT about this issue that they will fix it.

I already submitted my emial adress to be notified on this issue. I'm thinking if we all start calling ATT about this issue that they will fix it.

5 of 13 (1,693 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 7:40:32 AM
(0)
Professor

I just got off the phone with an ATT supervisor and he told me that he will call me when he gets any news when this issue has been rectified.  I suggest ATT customers begin calling into ATT about this issue to press them to get this completed.

I just got off the phone with an ATT supervisor and he told me that he will call me when he gets any news when this issue has been rectified.  I suggest ATT customers begin calling into ATT about this issue to press them to get this completed.

6 of 13 (1,680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 9:20:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

I hope someone from at&t is reading these posts.  For me, I am planning not to give at&t any of my money from purchase apps until they give me the options of installing and using 3rd party apps. 

I hope someone from at&t is reading these posts.  For me, I am planning not to give at&t any of my money from purchase apps until they give me the options of installing and using 3rd party apps. 

7 of 13 (1,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 1:12:41 PM
(0)
Scholar
Totally support this and will also email at&t on this issue.
Totally support this and will also email at&t on this issue.

8 of 13 (1,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:41:13 PM
(0)
Guru

Berzerker wrote:

Same here!!

Berzerker wrote:

Same here!!

9 of 13 (1,409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 7:02:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

If anyone ever needed an excuse to root their phone, Amazon just provided it.  I've never understood why AT&T blocked third-party apps on Android devices.  Hopefully this will push them over the edge and cause them to lift the restriction.

If anyone ever needed an excuse to root their phone, Amazon just provided it.  I've never understood why AT&T blocked third-party apps on Android devices.  Hopefully this will push them over the edge and cause them to lift the restriction.

10 of 13 (1,382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2011 8:54:54 AM
(0)
Professor

I'm thinking that the update coming up for the Atrix might lift the restriction on third party apps. Lets hope so.

I'm thinking that the update coming up for the Atrix might lift the restriction on third party apps. Lets hope so.

11 of 13 (870 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2011 7:57:47 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by muskogee on Jun 30, 2011 at 7:59:51 AM

yeah... it is here, im loading from amazon today. thanks att

p.s. samsung captivate. 2.2

yeah... it is here, im loading from amazon today. thanks att

p.s. samsung captivate. 2.2

[ Edited ]
12 of 13 (500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2011 6:49:40 AM
(0)
Scholar
Not for the Atrix it isn't. Well, not officially anyways.
Not for the Atrix it isn't. Well, not officially anyways.

13 of 13 (450 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments