Am I getting double billed?

Contributor

Am I getting double billed?

I had a single line plan and recently added a second line converting to a family plan.  I was unable to port the number for the second line over and they said it was no big deal they just needed to convert it to a local account and I got a new local number that matched the same area code of the line being ported in.

Where I am not understanding is why I am being billed for the original single line plan and also for the new family plan for the month of december. They didn't tell me this when adding a line in november. Is this how ATT does business by double billing for converting to a family plan?  Charging customers for something they can't possibly use.

Even still it looks like the original plan is still active as I can log in and view everything.  Seems like they messed up.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Am I getting double billed?

Unfortunately, when you make a change mid cycle, the website will not be correct until the next billing cycle.
You will be billed a prorated charge for the single plan for the partial month use and a prorated charge for the family plan for the partial month.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support