Am I getting double billed?

Contributor

Am I getting double billed?

I had a single line plan and recently added a second line converting to a family plan.  I was unable to port the number for the second line over and they said it was no big deal they just needed to convert it to a local account and I got a new local number that matched the same area code of the line being ported in.

Where I am not understanding is why I am being billed for the original single line plan and also for the new family plan for the month of december. They didn't tell me this when adding a line in november. Is this how ATT does business by double billing for converting to a family plan?  Charging customers for something they can't possibly use.

Even still it looks like the original plan is still active as I can log in and view everything.  Seems like they messed up.

Message 1 of 2 (243 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Am I getting double billed?

Unfortunately, when you make a change mid cycle, the website will not be correct until the next billing cycle.
You will be billed a prorated charge for the single plan for the partial month use and a prorated charge for the family plan for the partial month.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (231 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.