Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 4, 2010
11:30:44 PM
View profile
Am I allowed to swap Iphone 4 Sim to Ipad 3g ?

I tried to work around to swap the Sim of Iphone 4 to Ipad 3g, and it worked. Half hour later ATT sent me text ask me to call 611 to discuss the data plan for Ipad 3g. I called ATT 2 different times, each time I got different answer, 1 represenative said that I could if I can make it work, and other said "I am not allowed to swap the sim of iphone 4 to plug into Ipad. Which answer is corrected ?

I tried to work around to swap the Sim of Iphone 4 to Ipad 3g, and it worked. Half hour later ATT sent me text ask me to call 611 to discuss the data plan for Ipad 3g. I called ATT 2 different times, each time I got different answer, 1 represenative said that I could if I can make it work, and other said "I am not allowed to swap the sim of iphone 4 to plug into Ipad. Which answer is corrected ?

Am I allowed to swap Iphone 4 Sim to Ipad 3g ?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2010 1:53:06 AM
(0)
Employee
You're not allowed
You're not allowed
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Am I allowed to swap Iphone 4 Sim to Ipad 3g ?

2 of 3 (1,374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 9:56:20 AM
(0)
Master

On your iphone, you have an iphone data plan.  On your iPad, you would get an iPad data plan.  They are not the same and while it may technically work, they will catch up with you on the billing.  That is why you got the phone message....  Just because a rep gave you a bad answer does not protect you from excessive charges.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

On your iphone, you have an iphone data plan.  On your iPad, you would get an iPad data plan.  They are not the same and while it may technically work, they will catch up with you on the billing.  That is why you got the phone message....  Just because a rep gave you a bad answer does not protect you from excessive charges.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Am I allowed to swap Iphone 4 Sim to Ipad 3g ?

3 of 3 (1,277 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments