Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 14, 2011
8:24:56 PM
View profile
Also very very mad

Why do I still have to add money to my go phone when I do not use it except in case of emergency.I like it when you steal from me.You will not steal any more.

I should still be able to use My phone until my 15 dollars is used up.NOT keep adding 15 dollars til I have a 100 dollars on it and you steal it from me.

All you did was find a legal way to steal money from the people.  You guys can bug off you will not steal from me again or my family.All the AT&T phones are going in the garbage. It would cost too much to sue for so little.

If I get anymore garbage in the mail from you it will be considered Harassment.

Why do I still have to add money to my go phone when I do not use it except in case of emergency.I like it when you steal from me.You will not steal any more.

I should still be able to use My phone until my 15 dollars is used up.NOT keep adding 15 dollars til I have a 100 dollars on it and you steal it from me.

All you did was find a legal way to steal money from the people.  You guys can bug off you will not steal from me again or my family.All the AT&T phones are going in the garbage. It would cost too much to sue for so little.

If I get anymore garbage in the mail from you it will be considered Harassment.

Also very very mad

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 12:48:09 AM
(0)
Employee
prepaid credits expire. its not a hidden secret. also no one from at&t will really see this. this is a consumer to consumer based forum if you no longer want mail from them you need to call them to stop it.
prepaid credits expire. its not a hidden secret. also no one from at&t will really see this. this is a consumer to consumer based forum if you no longer want mail from them you need to call them to stop it.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Also very very mad

2 of 4 (245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 3:35:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

JFizDaWiz wrote:

^ That.

It's stated on the main page of prepaid cell phones:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/pyg-cell-phone-plans.jsp

In fact, I don't think there are any major wireless provider that doesn't have expiration on their prepaid minutes.

JFizDaWiz wrote:

^ That.

It's stated on the main page of prepaid cell phones:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/pyg-cell-phone-plans.jsp

In fact, I don't think there are any major wireless provider that doesn't have expiration on their prepaid minutes.

3 of 4 (237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2011 1:36:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

You can compare a prepaid phone to car insurance. You pay for the insurance. At the end of the policy year, if you do not have any claims, you do not get your money back. They keep it. Even if you do not drive the car all year, you do not get your money back.

The least expensive way to own is Go Phone is to put $25 on every 3 months (which = $100/year), rather than $15 every month (which = $180/year). And even if the phone is only for emergencies, use it every once in awhile so that you know it still works. For example,  call your land line to check your answering machine. Or use it when calling to order pizza.

What if you never use it for a whole year, then one day you need it for an emergency and find out the battery is dead or something else is wrong with it? It's better to use it once a month, just for one call, which would cost you only a small amount. Then you know it is working.

You can compare a prepaid phone to car insurance. You pay for the insurance. At the end of the policy year, if you do not have any claims, you do not get your money back. They keep it. Even if you do not drive the car all year, you do not get your money back.

The least expensive way to own is Go Phone is to put $25 on every 3 months (which = $100/year), rather than $15 every month (which = $180/year). And even if the phone is only for emergencies, use it every once in awhile so that you know it still works. For example,  call your land line to check your answering machine. Or use it when calling to order pizza.

What if you never use it for a whole year, then one day you need it for an emergency and find out the battery is dead or something else is wrong with it? It's better to use it once a month, just for one call, which would cost you only a small amount. Then you know it is working.

4 of 4 (203 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments