Already paid bill but phone not reinstated

Contributor

Already paid bill but phone not reinstated

Yesterday I paid my overdue balance in an AT&T store, by electronic check. As of now, the phone is still not reinstated. How do I get it turned back on?

Message 1 of 7
Former Community Manager

Re: Already paid bill but phone not reinstated

Typically, service is restored within a few moments of the payment posting to the account. There may be some delay in the payment posting due to the use of an electronic check. This tends to be a bit slower than a debit or credit card on the bank's end.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Expert

have seen reports that power cycling the phone helps also on previous posts

Message 3 of 7

I have the same problem but I payed wit a debit card on Saturday and I got the email saying that the payment was added to my bill and now I still have no service what's up with that I also turned it off and took out the battery also thinking that that might help but still nothing so what's up with this Please help

Message 4 of 7
Expert

slay_smith wrote:

I have the same problem but I payed wit a debit card on Saturday and I got the email saying that the payment was added to my bill and now I still have no service what's up with that I also turned it off and took out the battery also thinking that that might help but still nothing so what's up with this Please help

thjis is a peer to peer forum for the most part, best bet is to call them some how

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

what if i currently owe a certain balance and if i pay just the past due amount, is that enough to get my account off of suspension?

Message 6 of 7
Guru

Usually catching up the past due balance is good enough but it also depends on account history too.

Electronic checks seem to take a little longer.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support