Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 23, 2011
8:12:51 PM
View profile
Already paid bill but phone not reinstated

Yesterday I paid my overdue balance in an AT&T store, by electronic check. As of now, the phone is still not reinstated. How do I get it turned back on?

Yesterday I paid my overdue balance in an AT&T store, by electronic check. As of now, the phone is still not reinstated. How do I get it turned back on?

Already paid bill but phone not reinstated

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 10:22:22 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Typically, service is restored within a few moments of the payment posting to the account. There may be some delay in the payment posting due to the use of an electronic check. This tends to be a bit slower than a debit or credit card on the bank's end.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Typically, service is restored within a few moments of the payment posting to the account. There may be some delay in the payment posting due to the use of an electronic check. This tends to be a bit slower than a debit or credit card on the bank's end.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Already paid bill but phone not reinstated

2 of 7 (930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 12:02:08 PM
(0)
Expert

have seen reports that power cycling the phone helps also on previous posts

have seen reports that power cycling the phone helps also on previous posts

3 of 7 (925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 10:47:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problem but I payed wit a debit card on Saturday and I got the email saying that the payment was added to my bill and now I still have no service what's up with that I also turned it off and took out the battery also thinking that that might help but still nothing so what's up with this Please help

I have the same problem but I payed wit a debit card on Saturday and I got the email saying that the payment was added to my bill and now I still have no service what's up with that I also turned it off and took out the battery also thinking that that might help but still nothing so what's up with this Please help

4 of 7 (872 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 11:28:39 AM
(0)
Expert

slay_smith wrote:

thjis is a peer to peer forum for the most part, best bet is to call them some how

slay_smith wrote:

thjis is a peer to peer forum for the most part, best bet is to call them some how

5 of 7 (868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 6:53:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

what if i currently owe a certain balance and if i pay just the past due amount, is that enough to get my account off of suspension?

what if i currently owe a certain balance and if i pay just the past due amount, is that enough to get my account off of suspension?

6 of 7 (856 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2011 9:10:34 AM
(0)
Guru
Usually catching up the past due balance is good enough but it also depends on account history too.

Electronic checks seem to take a little longer.
Usually catching up the past due balance is good enough but it also depends on account history too.

Electronic checks seem to take a little longer.

7 of 7 (841 Views)