Ask a question

Posted Apr 1, 2010
    9:16:42 PM
    View profile
    Almost giving up on at&t.

I'm an at&t customer for the past 17 years. I got my first cell phone and contract with Cellular One on Nov 1993. Later they changed to Cingular and now at&t. They satisfied all my cell phone communication need with their excellent service, plans and phones... till now!

For the past two years they have been so busy playing with the Iphone and its apps, that they forgot the people like me who use the phone as professional business working tool. That type of people relies on Windows Mobile to stay productive with their business. My actual phone (HTC FUze) is showing its limitations  in processing power and memory.

While other carriers are offering top of the line Windows Mobile HTC HD2, at&t stills offer the underpowered Tilt2 and Pure (which runs the same processor and memory configuration as my now obsolete fuze).

For the first time in 17 years, I have been tempted to switch to other carrier to look for the solution at&t is failing to provide.

A phone that can be Professional Business Working Tool. Bring us the HTC HD2.

Thanks.

40 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (40)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 1, 2010 10:57:37 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

If T-Mobile has coverage in the areas where you will be most of the time, I say "DO IT!"  I did and I'm not looking back.  The HD2 is suhweet!

Like you, I was a Cingular then AT&T customer.  Been with them for a long time.  But it was apparent that they are in bed with Apple so much that any other phone OS would take a back seat.  (Even their first Android phone was a bust.)  Fortunately for me, the T-Mo coverage in my work and home is not bad.  Not as good as AT&T, but a sacrifice I'm willing to make to have the best WinMo phone out today.

AT&T could care less about their WinMo users, IMHO.  Their track record over the years since getting the iPhone demonstrates that they are content to bring only the less desireable versions of WinMo phones to their network.

Re: Almost giving up on at&t.

2 of 41 (3,139 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 6, 2010 11:30:16 AM
    (0)
    Expert

vplaza wrote:

If T-Mobile has coverage in the areas where you will be most of the time, I say "DO IT!"  I did and I'm not looking back.  The HD2 is suhweet!

Like you, I was a Cingular then AT&T customer.  Been with them for a long time.  But it was apparent that they are in bed with Apple so much that any other phone OS would take a back seat.  (Even their first Android phone was a bust.)  Fortunately for me, the T-Mo coverage in my work and home is not bad.  Not as good as AT&T, but a sacrifice I'm willing to make to have the best WinMo phone out today.

AT&T could care less about their WinMo users, IMHO.  Their track record over the years since getting the iPhone demonstrates that they are content to bring only the less desireable versions of WinMo phones to their network.

Same here...switched to T-Mo and now sport the HD2!  I still have my AT&T BB Bold for work, but the T-Mo 3G coverage is actually a lot better than I can remember.  So far so good... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

3 of 41 (2,969 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 6, 2010 8:57:02 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

hidden_dragon wrote:

vplaza wrote:

Same here...switched to T-Mo and now sport the HD2!  I still have my AT&T BB Bold for work, but the T-Mo 3G coverage is actually a lot better than I can remember.  So far so good... 

So, have you flashed your ROM yet?  Smiley Happy

4 of 41 (2,914 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 7, 2010 9:13:11 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I am thinking over the same lines, I acutally got a HTC HD2 unlocked paying 500 dollars for it and the ATT data base mistook it for a blackberry. I do not use data plans with my cell phone as usually i am at work, school or home and Wi fi works out just good. So when I told the customer service rep about the situation, I was yelled at and called a liar. And T mobile, actually is a whole lot cheaper and atleast they know how to talk with people. Go T mobile...

5 of 41 (2,849 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 8, 2010 7:30:51 AM
    (0)
    Explorer

well hopefully we will be getting a new htc windows mobile powerhouse soon at least we can all hope

6 of 41 (2,816 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 8, 2010 7:53:33 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

Kevinm22001 wrote:

I am thinking over the same lines, I acutally got a HTC HD2 unlocked paying 500 dollars for it and the ATT data base mistook it for a blackberry. I do not use data plans with my cell phone as usually i am at work, school or home and Wi fi works out just good. So when I told the customer service rep about the situation, I was yelled at and called a liar. And T mobile, actually is a whole lot cheaper and atleast they know how to talk with people. Go T mobile...

Unlocked or not, they can still add a data plan if you switch to any smartphone, thats the new(ish) policy.

The rep shouldn't have called you a liar.   But you really think this type of behaviour is unique to ATT?  Customer service may/may not be better overall at T-Mob.  But I'm sure they have a few angry reps too.  There are plenty of potential reasons to switch carriers.  But don't let just one rep be the main reason.  I've dealt with plenty of ATT reps that were knowledgable and courteous.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 41 (2,810 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 8, 2010 8:20:02 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

redpoint73 wrote:

Kevinm22001 wrote:

Unlocked or not, they can still add a data plan if you switch to any smartphone, thats the new(ish) policy.

The rep shouldn't have called you a liar.   But you really think this type of behaviour is unique to ATT?  Customer service may/may not be better overall at T-Mob.  But I'm sure they have a few angry reps too.  There are plenty of potential reasons to switch carriers.  But don't let just one rep be the main reason.  I've dealt with plenty of ATT reps that were knowledgable and courteous.

Yeah, actually I never had a problem before, Well she might be having a bad day, but that means its not right to insult me as a customer. I am not going to complain about her, I wouldn't like her to be fired, just may be she had a bad day at work. Its hard to get a job these days esp at the dept. she works in. I do agree ATT does have plenty to knowledgable reps,maybe its my luck I get stuck with the incompeletent ones like this today. Last supervisor I spoke with said " All phones who have OS are smart phones." and I was like WTH.(pardon my French). And the store Manager at ATT is too "busy" to talk with me, so today I am switching to T mobile.
    I honor what I said, so I am going to pay my ETF and leave ATT the H aloneSmiley Very Happy

8 of 41 (2,802 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 8, 2010 2:21:03 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

Kevinm22001 wrote:

Yeah, actually I never had a problem before, Well she might be having a bad day, but that means its not right to insult me as a customer. I am not going to complain about her, I wouldn't like her to be fired, just may be she had a bad day at work. Its hard to get a job these days esp at the dept. she works in. I do agree ATT does have plenty to knowledgable reps,maybe its my luck I get stuck with the incompeletent ones like this today. Last supervisor I spoke with said " All phones who have OS are smart phones." and I was like WTH.(pardon my French). And the store Manager at ATT is too "busy" to talk with me, so today I am switching to T mobile.
    I honor what I said, so I am going to pay my ETF and leave ATT the H aloneSmiley Very Happy

Having made the switch to T-Mo myself, I have to caution you to make sure that you have good network coverage where you will be most of the time with the phone (i.e. work, home, etc.).  Their network is not nearly as good when it comes to coverage as AT&T and you may find yourself frustrated with a great phone but no network to connect to.

Fortunately for me, their coverage in my main areas are good enough that I'm not frustrated with it, but I can see how this may be a sore point for some used to having good coverage/signals where they are.

9 of 41 (2,762 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 8, 2010 5:37:46 PM
    (0)
    Professor

hidden_dragon wrote:

vplaza wrote:

I am still waiting for the holiday season to get a hold on a WP7. So sick of the shortfalls in WinMo, that I dont care for the HD2, and I have played with it.

10 of 41 (2,735 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 8, 2010 7:51:05 PM
    (0)
    Guru

17 yrs? hmm
    im sure u can by an unlocked phone that can suit your needs
    (u may lose 3g but thats ur call)

11 of 41 (1,960 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 8, 2010 8:03:38 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

guandalf wrote:

I am still waiting for the holiday season to get a hold on a WP7. So sick of the shortfalls in WinMo, that I dont care for the HD2, and I have played with it.

I've been playing with WP7 in emulation and frankly, I'm not impressed.  And if I won't have control over how this phone will look, well, might as well get an iPhone (which will never happen).  Plus, how lame is that now that iPhone 4.0 has been announced and it will have multi-tasking, yet WP7 is looking like it won't (at least, not yet announced). 

And, IMHO, playing with the HD2 is not the same as owning one and actually using it and tweaking it.  Seriously, if you like WinMo, there's no reason to not like the phone (unless you need a physical keyboard). 

The possibilities are pretty much all over the place with what you can do with this phone.  I'm waiting for an updated ROM with Titanium on it so that I can put on SPB Mobile Shell (don't want to put it on a ROM with Sense).  Oh and that 4.3" screen is simply a pleasure to have.

12 of 41 (1,955 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 8, 2010 8:32:37 PM
    (0)
    Professor

vplaza wrote:

guandalf wrote:

I've been playing with WP7 in emulation and frankly, I'm not impressed.  And if I won't have control over how this phone will look, well, might as well get an iPhone (which will never happen).  Plus, how lame is that now that iPhone 4.0 has been announced and it will have multi-tasking, yet WP7 is looking like it won't (at least, not yet announced). 

And, IMHO, playing with the HD2 is not the same as owning one and actually using it and tweaking it.  Seriously, if you like WinMo, there's no reason to not like the phone (unless you need a physical keyboard). 

The possibilities are pretty much all over the place with what you can do with this phone.  I'm waiting for an updated ROM with Titanium on it so that I can put on SPB Mobile Shell (don't want to put it on a ROM with Sense).  Oh and that 4.3" screen is simply a pleasure to have.

Actually the multitasking part on iPhone OS is the same as it is on WP7. It is not true multitasking like it is on Android, WebOS and BB. There are only 7 services in their new API that are able to multitask. When an App goes to the background, it gets put in a suspended state, in a very similar way to WP7. Whether or not this is a good approach or not to multitasking is a whole different discussion. I am actually liking the new WP7, and my final verdict will be when I get to mess around with it.

13 of 41 (1,945 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 8, 2010 9:04:04 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

guandalf wrote:

vplaza wrote:

guandalf wrote:

Actually the multitasking part on iPhone OS is the same as it is on WP7. It is not true multitasking like it is on Android, WebOS and BB. There are only 7 services in their new API that are able to multitask. When an App goes to the background, it gets put in a suspended state, in a very similar way to WP7. Whether or not this is a good approach or not to multitasking is a whole different discussion. I am actually liking the new WP7, and my final verdict will be when I get to mess around with it.

It sounds like simply semantics to me.  Besides, if it were just that and iPhone and WP7 are playing semantics with multi-tasking, then both appear to be headed in a different direction from other "true" multitasking phone OSes.  Not really sure that's a good thing.

And again, the fact that WP7 will be following the same paradigm as the iPhone (I'm only able to get apps from the Marketplace, MS is preventing manufacturers from making customizations to their phones, pseudo multi-tasking, etc.) and with its heavy consumer focus rather than business focus, WP7 doesn't really have much that interests me so far.

14 of 41 (1,935 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 13, 2010 3:05:43 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Actually, there is one thing keeping me from making the switch to Tmo... 3G coverage.

Unfortunately, Tmo is running in Edge only, here in Puerto Rico. They have been promising a 3G upgrade since last summer.  Almost a year later and nothing yet.

An HTC HD2 running only on Edge is like having a Lamborghini Murcielago and only being permitted to drive it on the streets of Old San Juan (Puerto Rico) during the most tense traffic jams hours!!!!

15 of 41 (1,823 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 13, 2010 3:46:38 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

As of today, HTC does not have anything more advanced than the HD2 in Windows Mobile OS. The next big thing coming out of "HTC quietly brilliant" minds will be the HTC Evo 4G.

But it won't be offered by at&t. It will be released by Sprint this summer!!!

at&t is too busy thinking how to face lift, re-dress and re-brain (firmware updates) its now old and limited iphone to keep the sales from falling, that they won't see the world of cell phones is evolving into more robust and powerful devices with far superior hardware and software.

For this new phone, HTC took the HD2 platform and looked how it can be improved. Pretty hard task taking into consideration the already excellent performance and features it have. But HTC done it again!

The HTC Evo 4G will have 4G data capability of course! A new 8 mega pixels camera! Android OS and what makes me ask "How they do that?"  HDMI 720P High Definition Video Output!!!  Along with the usual SnapDragon 1Ghz processor, 1GB/512MB ROM/RAM 4.3" 480x800 screen, etc.

I'm not a fan of Android OS but the 4G data speed, the 1GHz Snapdragon, the 4.3" 480x800 pixels screen and now the most incredible thing in such an small device... HDMI 720P Hi Def Video Output capability is really tempting me hard to make the switch this summer to Sprint.

Just imagine how it will look connected to a video presentations projector in your office conference room or classroom. Even in your home theater!!

Make a Google search for more info.

16 of 41 (1,822 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 13, 2010 4:10:41 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

17 years seems a lot of time to be married with the same cell phone provider these days. But at the beginning the cell phone was professional business tool not a teenager toy as at&t thinks today.

Back then they were focused on fulfilling the needs of those professional that needed phone communication with their business while on the move. They didn't hesitate to provide the best hardware  and plans solutions to they customers.

But things have changed, the cell phone is no longer only a tool and the main customer is no longer the business man. Now cell phone companies are more interested in teenagers and to attract them, they are flooding the market with phones that can do anything imaginable with zillions of apps (at a price of course).

Now the business man have to look in that sea of crappy cell phone toys and greedy service provider companies for a useful device that fulfill it needs. Luckily there are still companies that makes them like HTC but for the service provider companies it is becoming hard to find.

17 of 41 (1,812 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 14, 2010 11:27:37 AM
    (0)
    Master

The 4G in this case is Sprint's WiMax, which will be incompatible with anyone else's 4G implementation.  Sprint is betting that their contrarian choice and rush to rollout in advance of the other carriers will stop the bleeding of customers they have been experiencing.

You can blame some of the lull in the release of Windows Mobile phones on Microsoft, as who wants to commit resources to a new flagship device that won't be compatible with the next release of the OS?  I wouldn't expect to see much movement on that front, as both carriers and device manufacturers are shifting their focus to Android because of WinMo's declining market share.

gatech wrote:

As of today, HTC does not have anything more advanced than the HD2 in Windows Mobile OS. The next big thing coming out of "HTC quietly brilliant" minds will be the HTC Evo 4G.

But it won't be offered by at&t. It will be released by Sprint this summer!!!

at&t is too busy thinking how to face lift, re-dress and re-brain (firmware updates) its now old and limited iphone to keep the sales from falling, that they won't see the world of cell phones is evolving into more robust and powerful devices with far superior hardware and software.

For this new phone, HTC took the HD2 platform and looked how it can be improved. Pretty hard task taking into consideration the already excellent performance and features it have. But HTC done it again!

The HTC Evo 4G will have 4G data capability of course! A new 8 mega pixels camera! Android OS and what makes me ask "How they do that?"  HDMI 720P High Definition Video Output!!!  Along with the usual SnapDragon 1Ghz processor, 1GB/512MB ROM/RAM 4.3" 480x800 screen, etc.

I'm not a fan of Android OS but the 4G data speed, the 1GHz Snapdragon, the 4.3" 480x800 pixels screen and now the most incredible thing in such an small device... HDMI 720P Hi Def Video Output capability is really tempting me hard to make the switch this summer to Sprint.

Just imagine how it will look connected to a video presentations projector in your office conference room or classroom. Even in your home theater!!

Make a Google search for more info.

18 of 41 (1,734 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 14, 2010 11:38:24 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

I've been with them since SouthWesternBell wireless first started , never had any issues with service and customer service was awesome . the phones weren't that great , but then they started coming around. It was when Cingular bought out ATT and merged, then handed control over to att that everything started going down hill, and i mean everything has changed, i've been loyal throug thick and then, but its not the same family anymore, and it's just a matter of time i get totally sick of their crap.

19 of 41 (1,728 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 14, 2010 5:01:06 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    Edited by msyang20 on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:06:52 PM

i juz got my htc pure for $50 and flashed it with a rom that uses the sense ui just exactly like the hd2. i dont know wat u mean by 'proofessional business working tools' but a UI is a UI and the rom that im using is practically like the hd2. the hd2 is also running under windows mobile meaning all the tools ur looking for are apps that may be downloaded/installed to any winmo phones. so theres not much differences between the fuze, pure, and hd2. now, the only thing that the hd2 has an edge on my pure is that its processor speed is a bit  higher, its camera has more megapixels, it has flash led....and some ppl may prefer a bigger display phone (not me though). but i like my pure. its now a miniversion of the hd2. im happy with what i have now Smiley Happy

but i do agree with everyones complaint about how att is lagging on the devices. all the awesome phones go to sprint, i hate sprint!! then tmobile, verizon, and att last...why doesnt att chose to carry any awesome phones? i havent been impressed for the longest time, still not. but i guess if u think about it, att is in a deep contract with apple iphones. thats all att is counting on...their iphones to be the 'best.' soo, i understand why att cant bring any real competition since iphones are their 'pride & joy.' uuhhgg...sad cuz iphones suck!! as we all agree, there are much much better phones now Smiley Tongue

phone: htc pure wm6.5

rom: tess prime III

speed: 528mhz <<---good enough 4 me, especially with such a fast & stable rom too Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
    20 of 41 (1,692 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 15, 2010 6:46:01 PM
    (0)
    Guru
    "I've been with them since SouthWesternBell wireless first started , never had any issues with service and customer service was awesome . the phones weren't that great , but then they started coming around. It was when Cingular bought out ATT and merged, then handed control over to att that everything started going down hill, and mean everything has changed, i've been loyal throug thick and then, but its not the same family anymore, and it's just a matter of time i get totally sick of their crap.I've been with them since SouthWesternBell wireless first started , never had any issues with service and customer service was awesome . the phones weren't that great , but then they started coming around. It was when Cingular bought out ATT and merged, then handed control over to att that everything started going down hill, and mean everything has changed, i've been loyal throug thick and then, but its not the same family anymore, and it's just a matter of time i get totally sick of their crap." Same here...good old SWBW...Been with them since 1992. And completely agree with your statement about things have gone down hill since Cingular let AT&T run the show. I'm hoping they surprise me with some announcement soon, but I'm not holding my breath. Note: the "quote" button wouldn't work...that's why I manually quoted.

21 of 41 (2,118 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 16, 2010 7:13:02 AM
    (0)
    Master

Actually, that history is not entirely accurate. AT&T was a totally different company back then, nothing to do with AT&T today. Cingular (often refers to as Orange) purchased AT&T Wireless (often refers to as Blue) a few years back. Then, Cingular's majority owner, SBC, purchased and merged with more telcos. A few years later, it accquired what's remains in the AT&T and decided to rename SBC into AT&T. So today's AT&T is actually run by those in SBC.

22 of 41 (2,074 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 19, 2010 7:13:16 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

foxbat121 wrote:

Actually, that history is not entirely accurate. AT&T was a totally different company back then, nothing to do with AT&T today. Cingular (often refers to as Orange) purchased AT&T Wireless (often refers to as Blue) a few years back. Then, Cingular's majority owner, SBC, purchased and merged with more telcos. A few years later, it accquired what's remains in the AT&T and decided to rename SBC into AT&T. So today's AT&T is actually run by those in SBC.

Yes, I understand that, but this is not the same SWB/Cingular company that I've grown up with, they don't put the customer first anymore, and they only care about the iPhony, no body elses even matters. Now that iphony is going to more carriers maybe they can switch their focus back to the rest of us, but I doubt it !

23 of 41 (2,008 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 19, 2010 7:21:45 AM
    (0)
    Master

Nice companies often don't survive in marketplace. I too like my old AT&T Blue (as many Blue fans are) much better than today's AT&T Orange.

24 of 41 (2,002 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 20, 2010 11:47:31 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

msyang20 wrote:

i juz got my htc pure for $50 and flashed it with a rom that uses the sense ui just exactly like the hd2. i dont know wat u mean by 'proofessional business working tools' but a UI is a UI and the rom that im using is practically like the hd2. the hd2 is also running under windows mobile meaning all the tools ur looking for are apps that may be downloaded/installed to any winmo phones. so theres not much differences between the fuze, pure, and hd2. now, the only thing that the hd2 has an edge on my pure is that its processor speed is a bit  higher, its camera has more megapixels, it has flash led....and some ppl may prefer a bigger display phone (not me though). but i like my pure. its now a miniversion of the hd2. im happy with what i have now Smiley Happy

but i do agree with everyones complaint about how att is lagging on the devices. all the awesome phones go to sprint, i hate sprint!! then tmobile, verizon, and att last...why doesnt att chose to carry any awesome phones? i havent been impressed for the longest time, still not. but i guess if u think about it, att is in a deep contract with apple iphones. thats all att is counting on...their iphones to be the 'best.' soo, i understand why att cant bring any real competition since iphones are their 'pride & joy.' uuhhgg...sad cuz iphones suck!! as we all agree, there are much much better phones now Smiley Tongue

phone: htc pure wm6.5

rom: tess prime III

speed: 528mhz <<---good enough 4 me, especially with such a fast & stable rom too Smiley Happy

I'm a REALTOR and what I mean by a professional business tool is a phone that have the ability to manage all my tasks fast and efficiently. Receive, edit and send customer contracts with Word and Outlook. Receive, open, manage and send PDFs docs. Send pictures and videos of properties to potential customers in real time. Keep important documants always handy in storage card, ready to be sent via email or downloaded to any nearby windows PC for quick printout.

None of the windows mobile phones offered by at&t at present time, can be considered and upgrade from my Fuze. The Tilt2 and Pure runs with the same 528 Mhz Qualcomm 7201A CPU and same 512Mb/288Mb memory configuration. They even perform slower than my Fuze due to the extra features they have to manage.

The HD2 have twice the CPU power 1GHz vs. 528MHz, twice the memory 1Gb/576Mb vs. 512mb/288mb.

That's the big difference among other things like camera and display.

25 of 41 (1,939 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 20, 2010 3:52:05 PM
    (0)
    Scholar

I gave up in November and went to Sprint and could not be happier.  The Customer service is much better as well as coverage where I live.  I was tired of ATT poor service and empty promises to improve the signal after several years of fighting them.  Move you won't regret it.

26 of 41 (1,886 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 22, 2010 2:30:57 PM
    (0)
    Professor

I guess it all depends on what you like. I was ATT - then Cingular (verrrrry bad customer service, seriously).... then ATT after they switched back.   You'll find good and bad in all services... i guess all cellular services need to start some sort of champaign to "keep" their expiring contract customers instead of giving them reasons to catch a headache aelsewhere... lol...

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

27 of 41 (1,804 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 22, 2010 7:13:21 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

Have fun with Sprint. They can't even keep their billing system straight. They double-billed us two years ago for a single set of phones. Anyone remember when they went to the new billing system? We had signed on with 5 phones on a family planthe month prior, we paid our $650 in startup fees and phone purchases. They announced the new billing system. 6 months later we get phone calls from a collections sagency saying we owed Sprint $650. Everytime we spoke to SPrint about it they couldn't figure out why we were getting the calls, our account was current. Well, after two years of calling, just prior to our contract expiring Sprint found they had opened a whole new account, and neglected to close the old account when they went to the new billing system. We paid the $650 twice and they refused to return the extra payment. So here we are with AT&T.

28 of 41 (1,780 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 23, 2010 4:54:03 AM
    (0)
    Master

Yes, Sprint has the worst customer service in all carriers (I was there before AT&T). T-Mo has the best customer service but its network is too small to be useful.

29 of 41 (1,754 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 23, 2010 3:39:32 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I'm done!!  Long time AT&T subscriber and have owned a Fuze since day 1… I just preordered the HTC Incredible with Verizon and am taking the hit on the AT&T early termination fee. I have no faith in the AT&T network and don’t see them ever getting out of bed with Apple any time soon. The Wirefly video on the Incredible made me a believer in Android and the phone.

30 of 41 (1,715 Views)