Alltel merger....coverage was better with Alltel..why?

Alltel merger....coverage was better with Alltel..why?

2 weeks ago, we completed our merger with Alltel/AT&T.   We never had a problem with Alltel.  We have 1 tower in our area (small town, remote location).   Now that we are AT&T, the service took a horrible dive.  Dropped calls all the time, can't get service inside of buildings etc.   If AT&T converted the one Alltel tower, what did they do to the tower that was working so well before they touched it?  Even the USB WIFI device drops off all the time.  We are not happy campers.     I was talking to my daughter and the call dropped 4 times in a 20 min discussion!!!  Unexceptable.  

Who can we talk to about this issue?    All we hear is how we have this great 3G network now..but who cares if it doesn't work right?   I really could care less about the 3G hype.  All it does is drain the batteries in our phones (never had that so bad before the merger either) and make the phone heat up.   In fact, we were doing great without the 3G.  Great coverage, no dead zones, no dropped calls for years!   Now it just sucks.

I sure hope there is more work going to be done to the tower.  Our service was working just find before the merger and the talk around town is that we already miss our Alltel service here.  

Message 1 of 3 (1,272 Views)
Master

Re: Alltel merger....coverage was better with Alltel..why?

Did you have that 30 days after the switch to decide whether you keep the phone and AT&TT service? If so, it might be time to use that option and switch to a different carrier.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3 (1,270 Views)
Expert

Re: Alltel merger....coverage was better with Alltel..why?

Toobusy9561 wrote:

2 weeks ago, we completed our merger with Alltel/AT&T.   We never had a problem with Alltel.  We have 1 tower in our area (small town, remote location).   Now that we are AT&T, the service took a horrible dive.  Dropped calls all the time, can't get service inside of buildings etc.   If AT&T converted the one Alltel tower, what did they do to the tower that was working so well before they touched it?  Even the USB WIFI device drops off all the time.  We are not happy campers.     I was talking to my daughter and the call dropped 4 times in a 20 min discussion!!!  Unexceptable.  

Who can we talk to about this issue?    All we hear is how we have this great 3G network now..but who cares if it doesn't work right?   I really could care less about the 3G hype.  All it does is drain the batteries in our phones (never had that so bad before the merger either) and make the phone heat up.   In fact, we were doing great without the 3G.  Great coverage, no dead zones, no dropped calls for years!   Now it just sucks.

I sure hope there is more work going to be done to the tower.  Our service was working just find before the merger and the talk around town is that we already miss our Alltel service here.  

What phoen are you using, it may be possible to disable 3G on it, if that can be done you should see the service return back to normal again for you.

Message 3 of 3 (1,264 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.