Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 21, 2011
5:01:36 PM
View profile
All lights blinking for hours, still Activation Pending

I got a MicroCell today, registered it, plugged it in near the window, and let it cook for 90 minutes. Still says 'Activation Pending' and all lights are blinking (Power is solid and 'Computer' light is not lit b/c no computer connected). The internet (Saturn) light blinks fast, the 3G and Sat lights blink less often. Doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I disconnected the device from ATT web portal and tried to register it again, same issues. Anyone know what is going on here?

I got a MicroCell today, registered it, plugged it in near the window, and let it cook for 90 minutes. Still says 'Activation Pending' and all lights are blinking (Power is solid and 'Computer' light is not lit b/c no computer connected). The internet (Saturn) light blinks fast, the 3G and Sat lights blink less often. Doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I disconnected the device from ATT web portal and tried to register it again, same issues. Anyone know what is going on here?

All lights blinking for hours, still Activation Pending

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2011 5:49:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ALS2011 wrote:

If the internet light is blinking, you're not connected to the internet so you won't be able to do anything. The blinking GPS light means you don't have a satellite lock so again, you won't be able to do anything. Have you connected the MicroCell to the LAN port on your router or modem? That's the first step. The power light and internet light should be solid all of the time. Once the GPS locks, that light will stay solid, and then you wait for the 3G light to stay solid.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

ALS2011 wrote:

If the internet light is blinking, you're not connected to the internet so you won't be able to do anything. The blinking GPS light means you don't have a satellite lock so again, you won't be able to do anything. Have you connected the MicroCell to the LAN port on your router or modem? That's the first step. The power light and internet light should be solid all of the time. Once the GPS locks, that light will stay solid, and then you wait for the 3G light to stay solid.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: All lights blinking for hours, still Activation Pending

2 of 4 (709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2011 12:43:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

It means its bricked :'( My tamper devices went off on my old MC from falling off the book case. From counting top to bottom 1-5, led 1 would stay on, led 2 and 4 would blink 3 times and pause and then blank 3 times again in sync and then led 3 and 5 would blink randomly on and off in their own 2 different patterns. The At&t site would say activation Pending for at least 20 hours. The only way I found this out was after the 3rd time contacting At&t.

Is it brand new or did you buy it used? If its still under 1 year old you can send it in for warranty repair/get a new one.

It means its bricked :'( My tamper devices went off on my old MC from falling off the book case. From counting top to bottom 1-5, led 1 would stay on, led 2 and 4 would blink 3 times and pause and then blank 3 times again in sync and then led 3 and 5 would blink randomly on and off in their own 2 different patterns. The At&t site would say activation Pending for at least 20 hours. The only way I found this out was after the 3rd time contacting At&t.

Is it brand new or did you buy it used? If its still under 1 year old you can send it in for warranty repair/get a new one.

3 of 4 (699 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2011 9:36:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Is there a rattling sound if you shake it gently or carefully turn it over? If there is, then it is bricked as stated above. Brand new shouldn't be a problem because of warranty. Buying it used, caveat emptor.

Is there a rattling sound if you shake it gently or carefully turn it over? If there is, then it is bricked as stated above. Brand new shouldn't be a problem because of warranty. Buying it used, caveat emptor.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (687 Views)