Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 2, 2011
12:58:21 PM
View profile
Alert for Text Messaging Limit

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan & a 200 message limit on text messages. Is there an alert that I can set on my Samsung Captivate letting me know that I'm nearing 200 or can an alert be set up in my AT&T account that will text me that I'm nearing the limit? I don't mean me having to send *3282# to check myself. For the $200+ that I pay AT&T per month, I want them to do the work! Don't even get me started on half of the Features that should be free instead of nickel & diming a user to line their pockets with more $$...another story. Smiley Very Happy

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan & a 200 message limit on text messages. Is there an alert that I can set on my Samsung Captivate letting me know that I'm nearing 200 or can an alert be set up in my AT&T account that will text me that I'm nearing the limit? I don't mean me having to send *3282# to check myself. For the $200+ that I pay AT&T per month, I want them to do the work! Don't even get me started on half of the Features that should be free instead of nickel & diming a user to line their pockets with more $$...another story. Smiley Very Happy

Alert for Text Messaging Limit

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2011 10:33:39 AM
(0)
Employee

randun wrote:

Thank you for being part of AT&T and supplying us with your business. Unfortunately we dont have anyone that can monitor your account and notice if you go over your text messages every month. Thank you for taking advantage of our star service feature. If you don't want to dial the number to receive a Free Text Message. We also carry your usage online where you can view how many message you have remaining.

randun wrote:

Thank you for being part of AT&T and supplying us with your business. Unfortunately we dont have anyone that can monitor your account and notice if you go over your text messages every month. Thank you for taking advantage of our star service feature. If you don't want to dial the number to receive a Free Text Message. We also carry your usage online where you can view how many message you have remaining.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Alert for Text Messaging Limit

2 of 4 (912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2011 12:51:04 PM
(0)
Scholar

Seriously, do you think that I'm asking for someone at AT&T to monitor my account exclusively, like a concierge service? Smiley Surprised Having the ability to monitor usage online should infer that AT&T has the technological capability to push alerts to users who request them, & frankly you already have the capability, but you want a user to pay yet $5 or $6 per month for your parental monitoring package. Perhaps you should visit the Android Market or the 'iCrap App Store' where you'll find dozens of free apps that provide the exact service that I'm requestng from my own provider. Why don't you hire one of those developers to help you find the way...Smiley Sad

mvpjoe wrote:

Thank you for being part of AT&T and supplying us with your business. Unfortunately we dont have anyone that can monitor your account and notice if you go over your text messages every month. Thank you for taking advantage of our star service feature. If you don't want to dial the number to receive a Free Text Message. We also carry your usage online where you can view how many message you have remaining.

randun wrote:

Seriously, do you think that I'm asking for someone at AT&T to monitor my account exclusively, like a concierge service? Smiley Surprised Having the ability to monitor usage online should infer that AT&T has the technological capability to push alerts to users who request them, & frankly you already have the capability, but you want a user to pay yet $5 or $6 per month for your parental monitoring package. Perhaps you should visit the Android Market or the 'iCrap App Store' where you'll find dozens of free apps that provide the exact service that I'm requestng from my own provider. Why don't you hire one of those developers to help you find the way...Smiley Sad

mvpjoe wrote:

Thank you for being part of AT&T and supplying us with your business. Unfortunately we dont have anyone that can monitor your account and notice if you go over your text messages every month. Thank you for taking advantage of our star service feature. If you don't want to dial the number to receive a Free Text Message. We also carry your usage online where you can view how many message you have remaining.

randun wrote:

3 of 4 (906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2011 1:27:16 PM
(0)
Employee
Mr. Randum we do have an alert of when you have exceeded $100 worth of your texting allowment. Now if you want something the feature you are referring to in the Parental Controls is SmartLimits. It does offer a lot of great features for 4.99 a month and that would be the best bet for you if you want to keep up with your sms usage without dialing 6 digits and symbols

randun wrote:

mvpjoe wrote:

randun wrote:

Mr. Randum we do have an alert of when you have exceeded $100 worth of your texting allowment. Now if you want something the feature you are referring to in the Parental Controls is SmartLimits. It does offer a lot of great features for 4.99 a month and that would be the best bet for you if you want to keep up with your sms usage without dialing 6 digits and symbols

randun wrote:

mvpjoe wrote:

randun wrote:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (904 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments