AirCard internet connection stops working after being connected for some random length of time.

Master

Re: AirCard internet connection stops working after being connected for some random length of time.

The newest verion of the ACM now includes new driver support for the Option Express Ultra blah blah blah.  But the good thing it also includes some updates from Sierra itself to help with the random dropouts and other system compatibility issues reported.  Wish I had the actual details of the software but, meh, I will leave that upto you all.
Message 16 of 20 (6,951 Views)
Mentor

Re: AirCard internet connection stops working after being connected for some random length of time.

I have seen this many times also, and i think one of the causes is when you get yours or someone else cell phone to close to the aircard. Or other radios at the plant get to close and interfere with the aircard signals.

Also so as this is not to be always connected i am sure that the software/driver will auto disconnect if connection is not be used for some amount of time.
Message 17 of 20 (6,929 Views)
Tutor

Problem: AirCard connection stops working after some times

Bottom-line:
For some of us, this continues to be a problem (even with latest updates). There are some flaws within the service, system, or electronics. Since the service provider and manufacturer can’t figure this out, they should at least implement the following temporary fix.

Proposed Temporary Solution: Have an option in the AirCard Watcher program to auto reconnect when this happens. (And provide command line utility so any automation process can connect/disconnect the Watcher program when this happens)
Message 18 of 20 (6,728 Views)

I have the 875U card and it started doing this also around January. It seems to be getting worse on a daily basis, this gets very old. I will be in the middle something and the internet freezes up, have to disconnect which will take 10 minutes sometimes and then reconnect which take a while also. I have done all of the above that has been mentioned as the others have and it continues to do this! I am running on the EDGE since 3G is not availible in my area as the AT&T rep told me it would be by the first of the year when I bought this thing. Should have known better! If I could get out of the contract without having to pay that high fee I would since I was basically lied to about 3G.
Message 19 of 20 (6,644 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Well I seem to have mine fixed and running pretty good now, there is a few setting changes that have to be made to get it there.
see my last post in real world edge performance for the steps. Ive experimented and installed clean fresh operating system with the new ATTCM  without doing any changes I get the random lockup issues, once I do the settings it works fine. It will still hickup every once in a while but just stop what your doing wait a minute and she starts working again.
 Still would like to know what changed a couple months ago to cause it.
 Tom
Message 20 of 20 (6,599 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.