Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 24, 2008
10:17:05 AM
View profile
Air Card...HELP!
I purchased the Sierra Wireless 881 aircard.  I have a Dell Inspiron 1705 laptop.  Do the cards fit any laptop or do I need to get a different one for mine.  It sticks out a lot and just doesn't seem to fit.  It does not get any signal.  It's driving me crazy!
I purchased the Sierra Wireless 881 aircard.  I have a Dell Inspiron 1705 laptop.  Do the cards fit any laptop or do I need to get a different one for mine.  It sticks out a lot and just doesn't seem to fit.  It does not get any signal.  It's driving me crazy!

Air Card...HELP!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2008 10:53:43 AM
(0)
Guru

Rwasch wrote:

You more than likely need a different card. You may have a PCMCIA card when your computer requires an Express Card. So you more than likely will need to by a new card. One that works with your laptop. My best advice would be to carry your laptop into the store with you, and they will be able to access which one is needed and sell you the correct one.

Rwasch wrote:

You more than likely need a different card. You may have a PCMCIA card when your computer requires an Express Card. So you more than likely will need to by a new card. One that works with your laptop. My best advice would be to carry your laptop into the store with you, and they will be able to access which one is needed and sell you the correct one.

Re: Air Card...HELP!

2 of 3 (1,868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2008 11:12:39 AM
(0)
Master
Determine if your PC has a PCMCIA or an Express Card slot.  The correct card should insert securely.  There are also air cards that connect via USB instead which any laptop should be able to accept.
Determine if your PC has a PCMCIA or an Express Card slot.  The correct card should insert securely.  There are also air cards that connect via USB instead which any laptop should be able to accept.

Re: Air Card...HELP!

3 of 3 (1,864 Views)