Aggrivated with iphones and AT&T

Aggrivated with iphones and AT&T

I purchased TWO iphone 3g's in Dec and Jan and I have had nothing but problems with them.

Dropped calls, phones freezing, locking up after ending calls for HOURS, no service, poor reception.

I contacted AT&T SEVERAL times and cannot get any type of resolution on early upgrades for these phones.

One line is eligible for an upgrade and the other is not. One is only a month older then the other, so how can one line be upgraded to the new iphone 4 at the 199 price and the other not?

I have been with AT&T since they were bellsouth mobility back in the 90's I have never asked them to do anything like this before but then again, I have never had a problem with any equipment like this before either.

Who can I talk to other then the resolutions team which I am told is the highest department I can talk to?

Message 1 of 7 (1,074 Views)
Professor

Re: Aggrivated with iphones and AT&T

Each line has it's own contract.

Eligibility is based on several factors: contract start date, monthly contract price (before taxes), and other factors.

If you are on a family plan, the primary line will always be eligible sooner and more often than the secondary or tertiary lines.

Have you contacted Apple in regards to the iPhones locking up and freezing?  It's possible you have a hardware issue... which could be affecting all the other issues you are having.

Message 2 of 7 (1,025 Views)

Yes we have, we sent BOTH of our phones in and I had to buy replacement phones while Apple had them, took them 2 weeks to send them back with a report that there was nothing wrong with the phones yet they are still doing the same thing.

I am fed up with all of this mess and now they want MORE money to replace substandard equipment that I paid an arm and a leg for already.

Message 3 of 7 (1,017 Views)
Professor

Weren't the phones like $99 when you bought them? Not really a arm and a leg seeming that they cost like $499 or $599 a phone.

Anyway, Apple should be able to replace the device for you.

Message 4 of 7 (999 Views)

It sounds like you contacted AT&T by phone, chat or email.  If you haven't done so already, try going to a local AT&T store and reproducing (if possible) your problems for one of the staff.  It's hard to say everything is OK if you actually see the problem occurring.  While my iPhone problems have never been as serious as yours sound, I was able to get instant solutions in person.  Good luck--hope you get some kind of satisfaction.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 5 of 7 (921 Views)
Former Employee

"try going to a local AT&T store and reproducing (if possible) your problems for one of the staff."

He means Apple store, AT&T stores can not help you with any hardware/software issues with iPhones and they will simply redirect you to an Apple store anyway, so don't waste your time. OP, if you had so many problems with iPhones, why do you want to buy more iPhones?

Message 6 of 7 (834 Views)
Highlighted

Sorry--my mistake.  I did indeed mean Apple store and I have had very good service in all instances.  I apologize if my initial error caused any inconvenience to the OP (or anyone else).

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 7 of 7 (769 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.