After reading some of the reviews for the Samsung Galaxy SII

Tutor

After reading some of the reviews for the Samsung Galaxy SII

I noticed one of the prime complaint was the battery life issue.

Have the people there ever taken the consideration to root their phone to delete or freeze some of the rogue apps/bloatware that was put on their phones?

Or maybe install a more efficient kernel than the stock one and maybe a new rom too?

Message 1 of 3 (251 Views)
Professor

Re: After reading some of the reviews for the Samsung Galaxy SII

Who, the people writing the reviews? That would make the review pretty worthless for the average person. People want to see a review that tells them what to expect out of the box. Personally, if I need to go through the hassle of installing a custom ROM or kernel just to get decent performance, I'm not going to buy the phone. I have better things to do with my time.

Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: After reading some of the reviews for the Samsung Galaxy SII

I am targeting the Samsung Galaxy SII because it is the fastest phone up to date. (hardware wise)

Android is known for tweaking and modding. Why get an Android if you don't want to go through the hassle of researching and putting work on your phone.

People greatly overestimate the "hassle" needed to install a custom ROM or a kernel because the effort will be greatly rewarded with improved battery life and overall comfort because the stock rom is too bloated for efficient used.

Message 3 of 3 (239 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.