Additional Prerecorded Voice-Mail Greeting Options.

Contributor

Additional Prerecorded Voice-Mail Greeting Options.

I would like to know if AT&T offers prerecorded messages other than the default greeting.  If not, I would like to know how AT&T stores your Personal Greeting.  Is it a .wav, .mp3 or other audio file stored somewhere, and if so, can I create a similar audio file and have it uploaded as my voice-mail greeting?

I realize I could just speak my greeting, or record one, and then play it through speakers into the phone as it asks me to record my message.  However, I would like the message to be something along the lines of "Due to a high volume of harassing calls the line you have called has had a trap (trace) placed on it, as such you must leave a voice-mail after the tone or this call will be deemed harassment, your number will be logged and criminal and/or civil penalties will be placed against you.  If you believe you have dialed a wrong number, please state so in your message."

If I record this message in my own voice or transfer it via the "Play audio file and hold phone up to speaker as the voicemail records" method, I will just look like an I [please be courteous].  I do realize that I could most likely call 611 and ask them to place a trap/trace on my number, however the majority of calls I receive are not harassing calls.  The problem is I receive between 20-50 calls a day, a vast majority of which are made when I can not answer my phone, so I transfer them to voicemail.  Only 1% of those calls actually leave voicemails, the rest will continue to "try me back" at a later time, and they will "try me back" when I am again unable to answer.  About 10-20% of the calls that do not leave a voicemail, will generally hang-up too late, and leave a half second to one second blank voicemail, and my voice mail will become full before I have a chance to listen to any of the messages.  So basically, I want to make sure that people leave a voicemail so they will not continueously call me.

Message 1 of 2
Master

Re: Additional Prerecorded Voice-Mail Greeting Options.

spam3234 wrote:

I would like to know if AT&T offers prerecorded messages other than the default greeting.  If not, I would like to know how AT&T stores your Personal Greeting.  Is it a .wav, .mp3 or other audio file stored somewhere, and if so, can I create a similar audio file and have it uploaded as my voice-mail greeting?

No there is not.  No you cannot upload your own greeting to the server.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support