Helpful Links

Additional Prerecorded Voice-Mail Greeting Options.

Contributor

Additional Prerecorded Voice-Mail Greeting Options.

I would like to know if AT&T offers prerecorded messages other than the default greeting.  If not, I would like to know how AT&T stores your Personal Greeting.  Is it a .wav, .mp3 or other audio file stored somewhere, and if so, can I create a similar audio file and have it uploaded as my voice-mail greeting?

I realize I could just speak my greeting, or record one, and then play it through speakers into the phone as it asks me to record my message.  However, I would like the message to be something along the lines of "Due to a high volume of harassing calls the line you have called has had a trap (trace) placed on it, as such you must leave a voice-mail after the tone or this call will be deemed harassment, your number will be logged and criminal and/or civil penalties will be placed against you.  If you believe you have dialed a wrong number, please state so in your message."

If I record this message in my own voice or transfer it via the "Play audio file and hold phone up to speaker as the voicemail records" method, I will just look like an I [please be courteous].  I do realize that I could most likely call 611 and ask them to place a trap/trace on my number, however the majority of calls I receive are not harassing calls.  The problem is I receive between 20-50 calls a day, a vast majority of which are made when I can not answer my phone, so I transfer them to voicemail.  Only 1% of those calls actually leave voicemails, the rest will continue to "try me back" at a later time, and they will "try me back" when I am again unable to answer.  About 10-20% of the calls that do not leave a voicemail, will generally hang-up too late, and leave a half second to one second blank voicemail, and my voice mail will become full before I have a chance to listen to any of the messages.  So basically, I want to make sure that people leave a voicemail so they will not continueously call me.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Additional Prerecorded Voice-Mail Greeting Options.

spam3234 wrote:

I would like to know if AT&T offers prerecorded messages other than the default greeting.  If not, I would like to know how AT&T stores your Personal Greeting.  Is it a .wav, .mp3 or other audio file stored somewhere, and if so, can I create a similar audio file and have it uploaded as my voice-mail greeting?

No there is not.  No you cannot upload your own greeting to the server.

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support