Helpful Links

Adding a Line online

Adding a Line online

Ok, I apologize if this has been answered here, it probably has..

I want to know If I add a line on my account, from online can I also Buy a phone online, and choose the number online? The number is a number my father used to have Recently.

I currently have just my one line on my account.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Adding a Line online

Yes you can add a line online and buy a the phone online.

Unfortunately, if your father no longer owns the number, you cannot "choose" that number. You will need to get a number that AT&T has in their pool of numbers. The only numbers that you can bring with you are numbers that are currently being used. Once they close the account, the number reverts to the company that originally owned the number.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Adding a Line online

kdfederer wrote:

Yes you can add a line online and buy a the phone online.

Unfortunately, if your father no longer owns the number, you cannot "choose" that number. You will need to get a number that AT&T has in their pool of numbers. The only numbers that you can bring with you are numbers that are currently being used. Once they close the account, the number reverts to the company that originally owned the number.

Ok thank you. I figured the number wouldn't be able to have that specific number. Thanks again

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support