Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 27, 2011
7:07:03 AM
View profile
Adding Line to iPhone
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 27, 2011 at 8:03:44 AM

I have an iPhone and 1 line, i want to go to a family plan and add another line. I have had my iPhone over 2 hrs, don't want to sign a new contract, new line should be basic answer and talk. Any suggestions? ATT seems to not give me an option they offer phones with a contract.

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

I have an iPhone and 1 line, i want to go to a family plan and add another line. I have had my iPhone over 2 hrs, don't want to sign a new contract, new line should be basic answer and talk. Any suggestions? ATT seems to not give me an option they offer phones with a contract.

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Adding Line to iPhone

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 8:42:05 AM
(0)
Former Employee

I think your only option for getting a new line and not committing to a contract is to make the new line a prepaid cell phone (a gophone). There are plenty of basic talk and text type phones available.

I think your only option for getting a new line and not committing to a contract is to make the new line a prepaid cell phone (a gophone). There are plenty of basic talk and text type phones available.

Re: Adding Line to iPhone

2 of 4 (222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 9:58:07 AM
(0)
Former Employee

sandblaster wrote:

Now that I think of it, you should also be able to add a line to a postpaid account and not have to commit to a contract by either bringing your own phone or buying a phone at the full retail "no contract" price. I'm not sure you can do that on-line though. I suggest you go to a corporate store and explain what you want to do, they should be able to set you up.

sandblaster wrote:

Now that I think of it, you should also be able to add a line to a postpaid account and not have to commit to a contract by either bringing your own phone or buying a phone at the full retail "no contract" price. I'm not sure you can do that on-line though. I suggest you go to a corporate store and explain what you want to do, they should be able to set you up.

3 of 4 (208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 7:06:12 PM
(0)
Mentor

they will try to sell you the 2y agreement, thats their jobs as salespeople... but dont cave tell them what you want and do it.

they will try to sell you the 2y agreement, thats their jobs as salespeople... but dont cave tell them what you want and do it.

4 of 4 (180 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments