Activation for iPhone 4 ordered from the Premier website

Professor

Activation for iPhone 4 ordered from the Premier website

On the confirmation email from the order I placed yesterday thru the AT&T Premier site, it has a link for activating it online.  I thought the phones were activated through iTunes.  Is this onlink link separate from the iTunes activation, or something you have to do before you connect to iTunes?  I haven't gotten an iPhone through Premier before, so this part is a little new for me.  TIA.

Message 1 of 5
Explorer

Re: Activation for iPhone 4 ordered from the Premier website

I have the same questions, guess I will just use the link in the e-mail and see what happens.

Message 2 of 5

I'm assuming it's just an activation so that at&t knows you have the phone and puts it in their system.

Message 3 of 5
Explorer

I had the same thought after my previous post. That doesn make sense to prevent someone else getting the phone and activating it.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Professor

But it doesn't sound like confirmation emails from orders placed through Apple or the normal AT&T site have this activation link or info, so how does it work for them?  I can't imagine that Premier iPhones are activated differently than iPhones ordered from other places.  Should all be the same.

I wonder if the activation link is just some generic part of the response email that doesn't actually apply to the iPhone.  Guess I'll see what happens when it arrives.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support