Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 16, 2010
2:52:02 PM
View profile
Activation for iPhone 4 ordered from the Premier website

On the confirmation email from the order I placed yesterday thru the AT&T Premier site, it has a link for activating it online.  I thought the phones were activated through iTunes.  Is this onlink link separate from the iTunes activation, or something you have to do before you connect to iTunes?  I haven't gotten an iPhone through Premier before, so this part is a little new for me.  TIA.

On the confirmation email from the order I placed yesterday thru the AT&T Premier site, it has a link for activating it online.  I thought the phones were activated through iTunes.  Is this onlink link separate from the iTunes activation, or something you have to do before you connect to iTunes?  I haven't gotten an iPhone through Premier before, so this part is a little new for me.  TIA.

Activation for iPhone 4 ordered from the Premier website

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 7:38:37 AM
(0)
Explorer

I have the same questions, guess I will just use the link in the e-mail and see what happens.

I have the same questions, guess I will just use the link in the e-mail and see what happens.

Re: Activation for iPhone 4 ordered from the Premier website

2 of 5 (2,589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 10:10:32 AM
(0)
Voyager

I'm assuming it's just an activation so that at&t knows you have the phone and puts it in their system.

I'm assuming it's just an activation so that at&t knows you have the phone and puts it in their system.

3 of 5 (2,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 1:10:18 PM
(0)
Explorer

I had the same thought after my previous post. That doesn make sense to prevent someone else getting the phone and activating it.

I had the same thought after my previous post. That doesn make sense to prevent someone else getting the phone and activating it.

4 of 5 (2,484 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 1:20:06 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by dwill05 on Jun 17, 2010 at 1:23:43 PM

But it doesn't sound like confirmation emails from orders placed through Apple or the normal AT&T site have this activation link or info, so how does it work for them?  I can't imagine that Premier iPhones are activated differently than iPhones ordered from other places.  Should all be the same.

I wonder if the activation link is just some generic part of the response email that doesn't actually apply to the iPhone.  Guess I'll see what happens when it arrives.

But it doesn't sound like confirmation emails from orders placed through Apple or the normal AT&T site have this activation link or info, so how does it work for them?  I can't imagine that Premier iPhones are activated differently than iPhones ordered from other places.  Should all be the same.

I wonder if the activation link is just some generic part of the response email that doesn't actually apply to the iPhone.  Guess I'll see what happens when it arrives.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (2,465 Views)