Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 5, 2010
11:03:50 AM
View profile
Activation Question
The company I work for has a plan through AT&T. We were recently eligible for an upgrade  so I purchased a new iphone 4 but before activation decided to keep my 3GS. Must I activate the "4" even if I don't intend to use it? Wasn't sure how this would affect my next upgrade date.
The company I work for has a plan through AT&T. We were recently eligible for an upgrade  so I purchased a new iphone 4 but before activation decided to keep my 3GS. Must I activate the "4" even if I don't intend to use it? Wasn't sure how this would affect my next upgrade date.

Activation Question

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 1:11:35 PM
(0)
Scholar

How long have you had the phone, and what do you intend to do with it?

How long have you had the phone, and what do you intend to do with it?

Re: Activation Question

2 of 3 (496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 2:45:17 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by sandblaster on Oct 5, 2010 at 2:49:20 PM

I do believe you will need to activate it cause if you don't you would have to return it and once it's activated, the micro-sim in the iphone4 will become active and the sim in your old 3GS will no longer work. In order to keep using the 3GS, you will need a micro-sim adaptor, then you can put the micro-sim in the 3GS and continue to use it and do whatever you want to with the iphone4.

Also, your next upgrade date will be based on when you upgraded to the iphone4, i.e. 18-21 months from now.

I do believe you will need to activate it cause if you don't you would have to return it and once it's activated, the micro-sim in the iphone4 will become active and the sim in your old 3GS will no longer work. In order to keep using the 3GS, you will need a micro-sim adaptor, then you can put the micro-sim in the 3GS and continue to use it and do whatever you want to with the iphone4.

Also, your next upgrade date will be based on when you upgraded to the iphone4, i.e. 18-21 months from now.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Activation Question

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (471 Views)