Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 2, 2011
5:32:07 AM
Activation GoPhone Page Not Found!

If you try to activate the SIM card into the Pay As You Go you receive a message that the page was not found.

How to activate GO PHONE?

If you try to activate the SIM card into the Pay As You Go you receive a message that the page was not found.

Activation GoPhone Page Not Found!

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 6:30:29 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

ArsenBespalov wrote:

Sorry to hear you're having problems loading the website to activate your phone. I tried just now and was able to load the site with no problem. 

Can you tell me where you're clicking or what webite address you are using?

Here is the page I used this morning: https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/activate_phone

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

ArsenBespalov wrote:

Sorry to hear you're having problems loading the website to activate your phone. I tried just now and was able to load the site with no problem. 

Can you tell me where you're clicking or what webite address you are using?

Here is the page I used this morning: https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/activate_phone

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Activation GoPhone Page Not Found!

2 of 14 (373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 6:46:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Select "Pay As You Go" and then I click Next button. Then I go to this page: https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/selectTransaction.jsp and this page not found.

Select "Pay As You Go" and then I click Next button. Then I go to this page: https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/selectTransaction.jsp and this page not found.

3 of 14 (371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 6:51:50 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Ah, I see. I am getting the same error message. 

I will report this immediately and see what we need to do in order to get your phone activated. 

Thank you very much for letting us know. 

--------------

Ah, I see. I am getting the same error message. 

I will report this immediately and see what we need to do in order to get your phone activated. 

Thank you very much for letting us know. 

--------------

4 of 14 (368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 6:56:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ArsenBespalov on Nov 2, 2011 at 6:57:25 AM

Thank you too, I will wait for a solution.

Thank you too, I will wait for a solution.

[ Edited ]
5 of 14 (365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 7:07:42 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Nov 2, 2011 at 7:47:38 AM

I have escalated the site issue to our internal IT team. 

In the meantime, the activation process is working great, it appear that this particular page isn't working (there is a scheduled fix for it). You can complete the activation process by going here: https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo

--------------

I have escalated the site issue to our internal IT team. 

In the meantime, the activation process is working great, it appear that this particular page isn't working (there is a scheduled fix for it). You can complete the activation process by going here: https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo

--------------

[ Edited ]
6 of 14 (360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:30:05 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ArsenBespalov on Nov 2, 2011 at 8:40:53 AM

Ok, right work, but in complete show:
GP038: The activation has taken longer than normal. Please try again later.

This is error page show me 2 times.

It's normally? Show error after long time wait.

Ok, right work, but in complete show:
GP038: The activation has taken longer than normal. Please try again later.

This is error page show me 2 times.

It's normally? Show error after long time wait.

[ Edited ]
7 of 14 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:42:02 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hmm - that process was tested and should be working. I'll let the team know though. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account information, a contact phone number and the best time to contact you?

I'll have someone give you a call to help out with the activation. 

--------------

Hmm - that process was tested and should be working. I'll let the team know though. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account information, a contact phone number and the best time to contact you?

I'll have someone give you a call to help out with the activation. 

--------------

8 of 14 (345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 11:10:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

the problem with the activation page still pesists.

i use the main activation page that is link is

https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/

you select "pay as you go" and get the error exactly like the original poster suggested.

this was tested from several computers !

moreover, using your direct link, does help to reach the pay as you go activation page, but completing the process gives the exact same error as the original poster (activation took to long... blah blah blah".

the problem with the activation page still pesists.

i use the main activation page that is link is

https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/

you select "pay as you go" and get the error exactly like the original poster suggested.

this was tested from several computers !

moreover, using your direct link, does help to reach the pay as you go activation page, but completing the process gives the exact same error as the original poster (activation took to long... blah blah blah".

9 of 14 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 5:14:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I would just contact customer service from another phone. (1 800 331 0500) State "more options" at the first prompt and then "customer service" at subsequent ones and you'll be connected with a live rep who can help you with the activation. I've not been able to activate the last two SIMs I've gotten via the on-line tool.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

I would just contact customer service from another phone. (1 800 331 0500) State "more options" at the first prompt and then "customer service" at subsequent ones and you'll be connected with a live rep who can help you with the activation. I've not been able to activate the last two SIMs I've gotten via the on-line tool.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 14 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 9:31:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

i just dont understand how such a crucial error is not addressed by AT&T !!!!!

activation cannot be done via the regular activation form !

11 of 14 (280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 10:08:26 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

mayeast wrote:

Have you tried activating using the link I posted earlier (https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo). 

This should work with no problem. The issue ArsenBespalov had was not related to the activation process. 

--------------

mayeast wrote:

Have you tried activating using the link I posted earlier (https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo). 

This should work with no problem. The issue ArsenBespalov had was not related to the activation process. 

--------------

12 of 14 (276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 3:38:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

jamileh wrote:

mayeast wrote:

the OP did state:

Select "Pay As You Go" and then I click Next button. Then I go to this page: https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/selectTransaction.jsp and this page not found.

this is exactly what i was complaining about.

this STILL happens. cant understand how this can still happen for so many days without a solution !

i am aware of the direct link, but many many people ARE NOT aware of this.

please forward this problem to whomever is responsible for fixing it.

thanks

jamileh wrote:

mayeast wrote:

the OP did state:

Select "Pay As You Go" and then I click Next button. Then I go to this page: https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/selectTransaction.jsp and this page not found.

this is exactly what i was complaining about.

this STILL happens. cant understand how this can still happen for so many days without a solution !

i am aware of the direct link, but many many people ARE NOT aware of this.

please forward this problem to whomever is responsible for fixing it.

thanks

13 of 14 (254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 7:36:11 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thank you. As I stated earlier, this issue has been escalated and the team is working on a fix. 

--------------

Thank you. As I stated earlier, this issue has been escalated and the team is working on a fix. 

--------------

14 of 14 (247 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments