Activating sim card

Contributor

Activating sim card

Hello, i am going on vacation to the US for some weeks, leaving Norway tomorrow morning. I have tried for several weeks to activate AT&T prepaid SIM card, so that it is ready for use once i arrive the US.

I am typing the card no., IMEI of my iphone4, and zipcode 90001 as i will spend the most of the time in California.

One problem is that on the scheme were you are to type in your e-mail adress it is not possible to type @ in the verification line, and it is not possible to use copy and paste either. I solved this problem by using chrome, and autofill in.

Every time i have tried the activation, it starts, and then stops after approx 20-30 seconds with a message stating: 

GP038: The activation has taken longer than normal. Please try again later. 

I have sent request for help now to several support departmenents in the AT&T system, but all i get back is that: sorry this is the wrong departement, try this one.......

The last mail i got from AT&T apologized for the inconvinience, and stated that he had now found the right link for me to follow......... right...... it was a broken link..

I am surely glad i am not a regular customer of AT&T.

For your information, in Norway where i come from all the major network companies has got support centers you can call for free on a 24/7 basis...  Something AT&T customers should demand??

If anyone has got an answer to my problems i would highly appreciate it, as i am leaving Norway in just twelve hours...

Message 1 of 18
Contributor

paid 15 dollars 4 payasyougocard,can't refill phone

apoligise paid 15 dollars for a payasyougocard,can't refill phone.I registered  my online acc.,tryed doing it online and i got this in red letters."We seem to be experiencing system issues,please call 611 from your prepaid phone for further assistance.Now i'm on the prepaid phone,dialed 18003524071 then area code my # then 10 digit # on the back of card ,and your operators response was "We are unable to process your request at the time,we apologize please try again later"I have been trying for the past 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 16 of 18
Contributor

Re: Activating sim card

I have a question that cannot be found on the at&t website. If I go and buy a cellphone on the at&t website with a new SIM and contract, is there a time span on when I have to activate the SIM card?

Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
Master

Re: Activating sim card

I believe so, yes, although I don't know the exact time allowance. I think you're allowed up to 30 days?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 18 of 18
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support