Helpful Links

Activating iPhone 4 question

Contributor

Activating iPhone 4 question

Okay, so here is my question. 

I currently have an HTC Aria, but I wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 4.  My friend has an old iPhone 4 32gb as he currently has the iPhone 4S, he gave this phone to his father, but since his dad does not need a 32gb iPhone 4, he suggested that I use my upgrade to get a brand new iPhone 4 8gb@ $99 for his dad instead.  ATT was out of refurbished iPhone 4 32gb's, that's why he offered it to me at such a good price.  I'm on a six phone family plan, so I basically have unlimited upgrades as my grandparents never upgrade their phones.

Anyway, I purchased the iPhone 4 8gb online from ATT and was wondering if there will be trouble for him when he tries to activate it under his account?  We basically plan to swap his 32gb for my brand new 8gb.  Do i just take his phone to the ATT store and activate it under my account? and he do the same?

Just wondering, as I never did somethign like this before. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
Guru

Re: Activating iPhone 4 question

Yes you can just swap phones. How do you have 6 lines on 1 family plan?
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Activating iPhone 4 question

MayorMcCheese85 wrote:

Okay, so here is my question. 

I currently have an HTC Aria, but I wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 4.  My friend has an old iPhone 4 32gb as he currently has the iPhone 4S, he gave this phone to his father, but since his dad does not need a 32gb iPhone 4, he suggested that I use my upgrade to get a brand new iPhone 4 8gb@ $99 for his dad instead.  ATT was out of refurbished iPhone 4 32gb's, that's why he offered it to me at such a good price.  I'm on a six phone family plan, so I basically have unlimited upgrades as my grandparents never upgrade their phones.

Anyway, I purchased the iPhone 4 8gb online from ATT and was wondering if there will be trouble for him when he tries to activate it under his account?  We basically plan to swap his 32gb for my brand new 8gb.  Do i just take his phone to the ATT store and activate it under my account? and he do the same?

Just wondering, as I never did somethign like this before. 

Thank you

No reason to take the phones to a store but make sure you activate the new 8gb on your account first (so that the sim card that comes with it is activated). Then when you swap phones, you also swap sim cards.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support