Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 26, 2011
7:51:16 PM
View profile
Account on iPhone
I'm going to be selling my iPhone that is still under contract to someone and I'm wanting to know what I need to do to make sure that when I sell them the phone I won't have any account information on it because after I sell it probably the next day I'm going to pay the ETF fee with the money I'm getting from selling it. So do I remove the sim card when selling it and what else am I supposed to do so I can make sure they don't use my plan, since it won't be cancelled right after I sell it to them, or have any account info?
I'm going to be selling my iPhone that is still under contract to someone and I'm wanting to know what I need to do to make sure that when I sell them the phone I won't have any account information on it because after I sell it probably the next day I'm going to pay the ETF fee with the money I'm getting from selling it. So do I remove the sim card when selling it and what else am I supposed to do so I can make sure they don't use my plan, since it won't be cancelled right after I sell it to them, or have any account info?

Account on iPhone

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 1:33:45 AM
(0)
Employee
if they don't have your SIM they can't access your account. I would erase the phone for personal info though.
if they don't have your SIM they can't access your account. I would erase the phone for personal info though.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Account on iPhone

2 of 2 (109 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments