Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 15, 2012
8:02:33 PM
View profile
Account Suspension, never got suspended.

In Feburary I went into ATT at the Northgate Mall in Seattle to suspend my account because I was about to move to South Korea for a year. Everything seemed to go fine, and the sales person assured me the account was suspended. I even set up automatic payment to happen in order to pay the 10 dollar a month fee. A week later I made my move and have been living in South Korea since. Last week, I came to realize my account was never suspened, and I have been gettting charged for service for the last 4 months. My phone hasnt even been turned on since I touched down in Korea on Feburary 13th. My question is was I lied to about the terms of the suspention, or did the sales person just mess up royally?

In Feburary I went into ATT at the Northgate Mall in Seattle to suspend my account because I was about to move to South Korea for a year. Everything seemed to go fine, and the sales person assured me the account was suspended. I even set up automatic payment to happen in order to pay the 10 dollar a month fee. A week later I made my move and have been living in South Korea since. Last week, I came to realize my account was never suspened, and I have been gettting charged for service for the last 4 months. My phone hasnt even been turned on since I touched down in Korea on Feburary 13th. My question is was I lied to about the terms of the suspention, or did the sales person just mess up royally?

Account Suspension, never got suspended.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 8:18:19 PM
(0)
Master

animaltested wrote:

You can get your account suspended but I do not know if it is for a year?  Reach out to Jamileh here and send her a private message.  http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2548143  No guarantees but she may be able to help.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

animaltested wrote:

You can get your account suspended but I do not know if it is for a year?  Reach out to Jamileh here and send her a private message.  http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2548143  No guarantees but she may be able to help.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Account Suspension, never got suspended.

2 of 4 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 4:47:59 AM
(0)
Expert

How much are you being charged - if I recall correctly you still are liable for a certain amount each month even though the line is suspended, I think it is eithe 10.00 or 20.00 a line per month

How much are you being charged - if I recall correctly you still are liable for a certain amount each month even though the line is suspended, I think it is eithe 10.00 or 20.00 a line per month

3 of 4 (658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 7:11:16 AM
(0)
Employee
Its only for 6 months but either way it looks like it was never suspended for reduced rate
Its only for 6 months but either way it looks like it was never suspended for reduced rate
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (647 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments