Account Suspension, never got suspended.

Contributor

Account Suspension, never got suspended.

In Feburary I went into ATT at the Northgate Mall in Seattle to suspend my account because I was about to move to South Korea for a year. Everything seemed to go fine, and the sales person assured me the account was suspended. I even set up automatic payment to happen in order to pay the 10 dollar a month fee. A week later I made my move and have been living in South Korea since. Last week, I came to realize my account was never suspened, and I have been gettting charged for service for the last 4 months. My phone hasnt even been turned on since I touched down in Korea on Feburary 13th. My question is was I lied to about the terms of the suspention, or did the sales person just mess up royally?

Message 1 of 4 (727 Views)
Master

Re: Account Suspension, never got suspended.

animaltested wrote:

In Feburary I went into ATT at the Northgate Mall in Seattle to suspend my account because I was about to move to South Korea for a year. Everything seemed to go fine, and the sales person assured me the account was suspended. I even set up automatic payment to happen in order to pay the 10 dollar a month fee. A week later I made my move and have been living in South Korea since. Last week, I came to realize my account was never suspened, and I have been gettting charged for service for the last 4 months. My phone hasnt even been turned on since I touched down in Korea on Feburary 13th. My question is was I lied to about the terms of the suspention, or did the sales person just mess up royally?

You can get your account suspended but I do not know if it is for a year?  Reach out to Jamileh here and send her a private message.  http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2548143  No guarantees but she may be able to help.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 4 (725 Views)
Expert

How much are you being charged - if I recall correctly you still are liable for a certain amount each month even though the line is suspended, I think it is eithe 10.00 or 20.00 a line per month

Message 3 of 4 (712 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Its only for 6 months but either way it looks like it was never suspended for reduced rate
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (701 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.