Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 27, 2011
1:43:54 PM
Absolutely the worst
"Pre-ordered" our phones on 10/12 and are STILL WAITING. Every 2 weeks or so we get an email that says they are still on target for 21 - 28 days. Wow-- this really is a disaster
"Pre-ordered" our phones on 10/12 and are STILL WAITING. Every 2 weeks or so we get an email that says they are still on target for 21 - 28 days. Wow-- this really is a disaster

Absolutely the worst

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2011 2:04:38 PM
(0)
Professor
Have you called them? From the threads here, it seems like the backorders on all of the models have been cleared up. Also, some people have said that they automatically cancel backorders after 90 days. If you haven't already, you may want to check if you still have an order.
Have you called them? From the threads here, it seems like the backorders on all of the models have been cleared up. Also, some people have said that they automatically cancel backorders after 90 days. If you haven't already, you may want to check if you still have an order.

Re: Absolutely the worst

2 of 6 (262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2011 3:01:23 PM
(0)
Professor

rosenmabel wrote:

call them and see what's up?  if it's going to take to long cancel the Preorder and go to the apple store. i got my 4S 10/15/11 from the apple store no waiting on a pre order. but it looks like a  lot of back orders are being cleared out.

rosenmabel wrote:

call them and see what's up?  if it's going to take to long cancel the Preorder and go to the apple store. i got my 4S 10/15/11 from the apple store no waiting on a pre order. but it looks like a  lot of back orders are being cleared out.

hello!!!

3 of 6 (252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2011 3:43:28 PM
(0)
Former Employee
Definitely do not rely on those automated emails. I recently upgraded my wife's phone to an iphone4. I got one of those emails saying the phone was on schedule to be delivered in 14-21 days a week after I got the phone.
Definitely do not rely on those automated emails. I recently upgraded my wife's phone to an iphone4. I got one of those emails saying the phone was on schedule to be delivered in 14-21 days a week after I got the phone.

4 of 6 (244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2011 8:28:51 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by tonester on Nov 28, 2011 at 8:32:48 AM

sandblaster wrote:

Is that a tacit acknowledgement that AT&T (still) can't get their act together regarding preorders?  I guess so, considering that even an AT&T employee is suggesting to the OP that he should not rely on AT&T's automated emails. Smiley Wink

I mean, this is the fourth opportunity for AT&T to iron out all the wrinkles (5 generations of iPhones) when it comes to iPhone preorders, yet even after 4 years they still can't get it right.  Now before you say that other carriers (e.g., VZW, Sprint) are no better at this--that may be true, except those two are new to the iPhone preorder game; what's AT&T's excuse for not getting it right even after 4 years?

sandblaster wrote:

Is that a tacit acknowledgement that AT&T (still) can't get their act together regarding preorders?  I guess so, considering that even an AT&T employee is suggesting to the OP that he should not rely on AT&T's automated emails. Smiley Wink

I mean, this is the fourth opportunity for AT&T to iron out all the wrinkles (5 generations of iPhones) when it comes to iPhone preorders, yet even after 4 years they still can't get it right.  Now before you say that other carriers (e.g., VZW, Sprint) are no better at this--that may be true, except those two are new to the iPhone preorder game; what's AT&T's excuse for not getting it right even after 4 years?

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (195 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2011 9:11:57 AM
(0)
Former Employee

tonester wrote:

Not really because 1) I ordered an iphone4, not a 4s and 2), it was not a pre-order. I just wanted to relate my own experience with one of those auto-generated "your order is coming" emails, especially since I got the email after I had already received the order.

tonester wrote:

Not really because 1) I ordered an iphone4, not a 4s and 2), it was not a pre-order. I just wanted to relate my own experience with one of those auto-generated "your order is coming" emails, especially since I got the email after I had already received the order.

6 of 6 (188 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments