About the PC cards

Contributor

About the PC cards

I'm considering doing this but I know nothing about them.  When I do a compare of the cards they all appear to be the same, but there are price differences.

Here's my question - what is the best one for rural areas.  Rarely go to big cities.  Is this supposed to work anywhere your phone works?

What is the cost of the service after the price of the card?

THANKS!
Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: About the PC cards

Start here. Check the coverage map to see if your area has coverage for broadband. Most monthly usage prices are around $59.

Message 2 of 3
Scholar

Re: About the PC cards

As rsnadel suggested check the coverage map as there could be a difference in data verses voice coverage in your area.  Also, while I prefer AT&T service for all of my wireless voice and data needs , if in a rural area I would also check the coverage maps for all carriers to be sure I would be getting the best signal and speeds possible for the area I would use the device most.

As far as type of device is concerned I have the USB 881 device and chose it to allow for use in both a laptop and desktop PC.  Upside in addition to the multiple use factor is the ability, with a USB extension cable, to position the unit for better reception.  The downside versus internal units is the obvious care that you need to take with the device protruding out of the USB port.  To my knowledge there is no significant difference in performance between the devices.

You have the 30 day return policy to try it out and would only be required to pay for service used in the 30 day time frame.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support