Abobe gives up on Flash for the IPhone

Expert

Abobe gives up on Flash for the IPhone

Message 1 of 11
Scholar

Re: Abobe gives up on Flash for the IPhone

Yeah, I saw that. A little disappointing - but as I've been a iPhone user in 2008 I have found that I really don't need flash.

Flash games would not be fun playing through safari, no sound - bad controls - etc. The only issue I have is when websites use it for their primary content. Other then that, I found I can live quite well without flash.

The reason I'm disappointed is because the two companies couldn't come up with a better idea. Some better way to implement it, or something like that. Who knows, if its a big hit with Android; Apple may think again.

Message 2 of 11
Professor

I'm happy for the final word on it. Lawsuits wouldn't have worked, and people would just keep asking when it was going to be done. At least it's finally official. I don't need Flash, and most sites I find that have their site entirely in Flash usually have a "low-bandwidth" option that is just HTML instead of Flash.
Message 3 of 11
Master

The big downside to this is that our choices for streaming video will be limited for some time to come. 

Message 4 of 11
Scholar

DWC1 wrote:

The big downside to this is that our choices for streaming video will be limited for some time to come. 

Choice is not limited in any way...so long as you CHOOSE to accept the options that Steve (GOD) Jobs gives you!

Message 5 of 11
Master

A Hulu app for the iPad (and presumably the iPhone) is in the works.  Flash is garbage, not a choice.  There is no "mobile" version of the forthcoming Flash Player 10.1.  It's basically the desktop version on a phone, requiring enormous amounts of processing power and draining batteries stunningly quickly.  There was a video of a Nexus One running Flash and its battery dropped 25% in 10 MINUTES.  By the time you finish watching that episode of Glee, your phone is smoked.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
N/A

Yeah I wouldnt use flash even if I had it on my phone, my battery gets killed quickly enough on 3G data.

Message 7 of 11
Scholar

Your choice is limited by what the site owner gives you.  If they only offer Flash, they do so knowing their site can't be viewed by people who don't have Flash.

This video plays fine on an iPhone.

http://html5demos.com/video/

Message 8 of 11
Professor

Well, I have no illusion that we will ever see Flash on an iPhone (and I don't care, nor want it), but this is interesting.
Message 9 of 11
Professor

So it's official...Apple thinks Flash is garbage, haha.
Message 10 of 11
Highlighted
Professor

OUCH!!! Burn by Adobe CEO, haha.

Apparently the reason that Flash crashes Macs has "to do with the Apple operating system."
Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support