ATT vs. GOPHONE sim card on used phone

Contributor

ATT vs. GOPHONE sim card on used phone

I am getting a used phone to use as a gophone and need to get a sim card for it. Will a att 3g sim card work on it or do I have to specifically buy a gophone sim card? Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6

Re: ATT vs. GOPHONE sim card on used phone

ppc737 wrote:

I am getting a used phone to use as a gophone and need to get a sim card for it. Will a att 3g sim card work on it or do I have to specifically buy a gophone sim card? Thanks

An AT&T SIM card will work, no problem -- no need for a GoPhone branded card.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
Master

ppc737 wrote:

If the existing 3G SIM card is not a prepaid one, then you will have to purchase a prepaid GoPhone SIM card separately. Post paid SIM cards do not work with GoPhone accounts.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 6

ppc737 wrote:

This AT&T SIM card listed in eBay will work well for you, also the dealer can answer your questions, authoritatively.  I know.  I am using it, and it is not "GoPhone" branded, specifically, but it will work for prepaid.

GOTO: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-AT-T-3G-SIM-CARD-NEVER-ACTIVATED-CINGULAR-/350332270081?pt=SIM_Car...

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Thanks for your replies. I ordered one on ebay.

Message 5 of 6

ppc737 wrote:

Thanks for your replies. I ordered one on ebay.

Fantastic, ppc737.  I know this will work for you.  It does for me, and the seller I listed is very helpful when contacted, with 99.9% feedback (if you bought from his listing).

To activate, remember:

GOTO: http://att.com/activations

Good move, good luck.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support