Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 29, 2011
10:13:35 AM
View profile
ATT tells FCC "We NEEEED Tmo else we cant function..."

I have heard it all now.  News leaks on the internet of what ATT presented to FCC regarding the "whys" for the merger, saying that without acquiring Tmo, att won't be able to provide its customers the service they deserve.

well.... sounds like puffs of smoke to me, all of a sudden the powerful giant direly needs tmo else the wireless entity will collapse. hmmmm.  i am not impressed.

I have heard it all now.  News leaks on the internet of what ATT presented to FCC regarding the "whys" for the merger, saying that without acquiring Tmo, att won't be able to provide its customers the service they deserve.

well.... sounds like puffs of smoke to me, all of a sudden the powerful giant direly needs tmo else the wireless entity will collapse. hmmmm.  i am not impressed.

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

ATT tells FCC "We NEEEED Tmo else we cant function..."

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 3:12:06 PM
(0)
Master
You should try reading the publicly redacted paperwork they submitted to the FCC for the approval. I have it downloaded to the phone and skimmed it. It is long!
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
You should try reading the publicly redacted paperwork they submitted to the FCC for the approval. I have it downloaded to the phone and skimmed it. It is long!
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: ATT tells FCC "We NEEEED Tmo else we cant function..."

2 of 9 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 3:29:15 PM
(0)
Professor
Hi Ann(droid154), is that the 300+page doc or more? I skimmed a doc that att provides an argument that they simply do not have the sturcure needed to provide adequate service to its customers and need the tmo buy for the sake of the companys ability to continue wireless services.....yeah.....
Hi Ann(droid154), is that the 300+page doc or more? I skimmed a doc that att provides an argument that they simply do not have the sturcure needed to provide adequate service to its customers and need the tmo buy for the sake of the companys ability to continue wireless services.....yeah.....

3 of 9 (266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 4:12:36 PM
(0)
Master
That be the one Smiley Wink Their spectrum tables are interesting. Those are available on FCC's website.
That be the one Smiley Wink Their spectrum tables are interesting. Those are available on FCC's website.

4 of 9 (265 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 6:34:04 AM
(0)
Professor

will be interesting to see if FCC 'buys' that reasoning... I am sure the merger will happen but...

will be interesting to see if FCC 'buys' that reasoning... I am sure the merger will happen but...

5 of 9 (256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 2:15:15 PM
(0)
Master
"Somebody" has opened the floor for comments.

http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/30/fcc-opens-floor-f...

6 of 9 (246 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2011 12:54:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I'm wondering if I need to comment on the website, now that it is opened.  I sent emails to the FCC back when the potential merger was first announced.  They said that they would keep my comments on file.  I think that I will email them to ask what I should do.

I'm wondering if I need to comment on the website, now that it is opened.  I sent emails to the FCC back when the potential merger was first announced.  They said that they would keep my comments on file.  I think that I will email them to ask what I should do.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2011 1:00:32 PM
(0)
Master
It might be worth it either way.
It might be worth it either way.

8 of 9 (230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2011 1:04:34 PM
(0)
Professor
I should have posted the link here. This is fcc online form for public voice regarding the merger

http://forums.att.com/t5/General-Care-and-Support/FCC-Link-for-Public-Comments-on-AT-amp-T-T-Mobile-...
I should have posted the link here. This is fcc online form for public voice regarding the merger

http://forums.att.com/t5/General-Care-and-Support/FCC-Link-for-Public-Comments-on-AT-amp-T-T-Mobile-Deal/td-p/2752601

9 of 9 (227 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments