Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 7, 2011
2:45:34 PM
View profile
ATT suspending phone service because you have not paid alltel

I just payed my ATT bill last week, I have a zero balance.  However, this afternoon, my phone is suspended due to nonpayment of my outstanding bill with Alltel.  We were all made to switch to ATT when ATT bought out alltel.  I have not received any notice that att would suspend your service if you had not paid your final bill with alltel.  This is ridiculous!!  The papers I got in the mail explaining the "transition" stated that if the alltel bill was not paid it may be added to your att bill, no where did it state that att would suspend your service.  are there not contractual requirements that we should all have received stating that service would be suspended? so i call att, and they tell me i have to pay alltel before they can restore my service.  so i call alltel, who doesn't even have my account anymore, so i cannot make arrangements with them, the account has been sent to a collection agency.  when i asked how they could have my service suspended, alltel states that they did not have it suspended, that it is two different companies and that one bill has nothing to do with the other.  so then i asked why att has it suspended, to that i get "i don't know".  i asked about what was stated in the material i received that the alltel bill would be added to the att bill, they said that wasnt true and could not be done, because it was two different companie.  However, I have the paper where it states that in black and white.  so if the accounts cannot be combined, how can one account be suspended due to nonpayment of the other?

I just payed my ATT bill last week, I have a zero balance.  However, this afternoon, my phone is suspended due to nonpayment of my outstanding bill with Alltel.  We were all made to switch to ATT when ATT bought out alltel.  I have not received any notice that att would suspend your service if you had not paid your final bill with alltel.  This is ridiculous!!  The papers I got in the mail explaining the "transition" stated that if the alltel bill was not paid it may be added to your att bill, no where did it state that att would suspend your service.  are there not contractual requirements that we should all have received stating that service would be suspended? so i call att, and they tell me i have to pay alltel before they can restore my service.  so i call alltel, who doesn't even have my account anymore, so i cannot make arrangements with them, the account has been sent to a collection agency.  when i asked how they could have my service suspended, alltel states that they did not have it suspended, that it is two different companies and that one bill has nothing to do with the other.  so then i asked why att has it suspended, to that i get "i don't know".  i asked about what was stated in the material i received that the alltel bill would be added to the att bill, they said that wasnt true and could not be done, because it was two different companie.  However, I have the paper where it states that in black and white.  so if the accounts cannot be combined, how can one account be suspended due to nonpayment of the other?

ATT suspending phone service because you have not paid alltel

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2011 4:19:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

http://www.att.com/mergers/alltel/frequently-asked-questions.jsp

Your Final Alltel Bill and First AT&T Bill

You will receive a final bill from Alltel after your service transitions to AT&T. On your final bill you will see credits for your service charges and taxes for the period between your service transition date to AT&T and the end of your Alltel billing cycle. As a reminder, if you do not pay your final Alltel bill, your AT&T account may be subject to interruption or termination and all other available collection remedies. At a later date, you may receive a bill in addition to your monthly AT&T bill if this amount remains outstanding.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

http://www.att.com/mergers/alltel/frequently-asked-questions.jsp

Your Final Alltel Bill and First AT&T Bill

You will receive a final bill from Alltel after your service transitions to AT&T. On your final bill you will see credits for your service charges and taxes for the period between your service transition date to AT&T and the end of your Alltel billing cycle. As a reminder, if you do not pay your final Alltel bill, your AT&T account may be subject to interruption or termination and all other available collection remedies. At a later date, you may receive a bill in addition to your monthly AT&T bill if this amount remains outstanding.

Re: ATT suspending phone service because you have not paid alltel

2 of 4 (3,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2011 7:07:33 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by misterweather on May 10, 2011 at 7:08:29 PM

"You will receive a final bill from Alltel after your service transitions to AT&T." They key word is AFTER your service transition date (which slipped 3 months from the original) Straight from the AT&T FAQ page, and yet they threatened us as well with service disruption. We've not yet seen the final bill from Alltel yet tonight we got a call from Alltel telling us to pay up - twice the usual amount of our bill! Granted the Alltel rep was pleasant despite my wife's getting hot under the collar. Sounds like we're not the only one having this issue not getting the billing in the change over clarified. No snail mail or email. Sounds like Alltell dropped the ball somewhere, and we may have our service disrupted? Sounds like a government job. Anyone else having this issue?

"You will receive a final bill from Alltel after your service transitions to AT&T." They key word is AFTER your service transition date (which slipped 3 months from the original) Straight from the AT&T FAQ page, and yet they threatened us as well with service disruption. We've not yet seen the final bill from Alltel yet tonight we got a call from Alltel telling us to pay up - twice the usual amount of our bill! Granted the Alltel rep was pleasant despite my wife's getting hot under the collar. Sounds like we're not the only one having this issue not getting the billing in the change over clarified. No snail mail or email. Sounds like Alltell dropped the ball somewhere, and we may have our service disrupted? Sounds like a government job. Anyone else having this issue?

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (2,685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2011 8:35:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yep Yep Yep - Got a call, not even on my cell, but on my old old message line.  So I called back, and same thing, I owed about $80 that I wasnt aware of.  With Alltel, I paid my bill in full before the due date every month.  As it turns out, It was on the website, which of course, since the transition, I have not been able to access.  (It gets funnier)  I called Alltel, asked for a hard copy, and wanted to know whast the shut off date was - they couldnt tell me - said to call AT&T. So I called AT&T and guess what?  They said since it was Alltel's bill, I would have to call them to find out the cut off date!  I finally just called Alltel back, paid the stupid bill through the automated phone system, and glad to have them out of my hair!  But I still resent AT&T for being so willing to shut off my service for a bill I didnt even know about.  Having had quite a few issues with AT&T that have not been resolved makes verizon start to look pretty good!

Yep Yep Yep - Got a call, not even on my cell, but on my old old message line.  So I called back, and same thing, I owed about $80 that I wasnt aware of.  With Alltel, I paid my bill in full before the due date every month.  As it turns out, It was on the website, which of course, since the transition, I have not been able to access.  (It gets funnier)  I called Alltel, asked for a hard copy, and wanted to know whast the shut off date was - they couldnt tell me - said to call AT&T. So I called AT&T and guess what?  They said since it was Alltel's bill, I would have to call them to find out the cut off date!  I finally just called Alltel back, paid the stupid bill through the automated phone system, and glad to have them out of my hair!  But I still resent AT&T for being so willing to shut off my service for a bill I didnt even know about.  Having had quite a few issues with AT&T that have not been resolved makes verizon start to look pretty good!

4 of 4 (2,411 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments