Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 24, 2011
4:39:30 AM
View profile
ATT official wp7 update policy

Could you please tell us what it is.

I am pretty sure that you would not be foolish enough to block any updates, especially with them moving to CDMA today.

However my Quantum has yet to recieve Mondays released update.

Thank You

JM

Could you please tell us what it is.

I am pretty sure that you would not be foolish enough to block any updates, especially with them moving to CDMA today.

However my Quantum has yet to recieve Mondays released update.

Thank You

JM

ATT official wp7 update policy

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 7:57:03 AM
(0)
Teacher

Here, let me bump this back up to the top. I think It got buried in the forum and the mods must have failed to see it.

Thanks Again

Here, let me bump this back up to the top. I think It got buried in the forum and the mods must have failed to see it.

Thanks Again

Re: ATT official wp7 update policy

2 of 12 (2,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 2:31:51 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yes, I am curious about this too.  Why hasn't my LG Quantum received its WP7 update yet?  Is AT&T holding this back, or is MSFT holding it back, or is this just a question of me being towards the end of MSFT's phased roll-out schedule?

Yes, I am curious about this too.  Why hasn't my LG Quantum received its WP7 update yet?  Is AT&T holding this back, or is MSFT holding it back, or is this just a question of me being towards the end of MSFT's phased roll-out schedule?

3 of 12 (2,605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 12:04:42 PM
(0)
Teacher

BTT

Does anyone from ATT moniter these forums?

this is actually a very easy question, and an answer they should allow people to know.

Thanks as always

BTT

Does anyone from ATT moniter these forums?

this is actually a very easy question, and an answer they should allow people to know.

Thanks as always

4 of 12 (2,480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 9:24:40 AM
(0)
Employee

you will not get an official response from AT&T here. This is a forum for customer to customer help. AT&T Moderators are here but just to keep everything fun and clean. 

you will not get an official response from AT&T here. This is a forum for customer to customer help. AT&T Moderators are here but just to keep everything fun and clean. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 12 (2,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 9:35:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Two thing:

1. This is a little sad, and probably should be addressed.

2. I am not neccesarily asking for a reply on the forums, however an official statement saying outlining their plans would seem appropriate.

thanks as always

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Two thing:

1. This is a little sad, and probably should be addressed.

2. I am not neccesarily asking for a reply on the forums, however an official statement saying outlining their plans would seem appropriate.

thanks as always

6 of 12 (2,265 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 10:12:18 AM
(0)
Employee

AT&T more than likely will not issue a statement until it's ready to be released. 

AT&T more than likely will not issue a statement until it's ready to be released. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 12 (2,261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2011 8:56:25 AM
(0)
Mentor

Greetings Everyone,

Not exactly news, and certainly not official AT&T news, but here's the word from Microsoft.

The First one provides some details to the updates that you can expect from Microsoft.  The second URL is for a blog that discusses the overall process used for updates, and will hopefully explain why the process takes so long.

NoDo Update (Originally expected 1st two weeks of March, but may be delayed until 2nd half of March):

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-info.aspx

Microsoft's Formal Public statement about the WP7 Update Process:

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/03/10/phone-updates-process-and...

I hope this helps clarify things...

Greetings Everyone,

Not exactly news, and certainly not official AT&T news, but here's the word from Microsoft.

The First one provides some details to the updates that you can expect from Microsoft.  The second URL is for a blog that discusses the overall process used for updates, and will hopefully explain why the process takes so long.

NoDo Update (Originally expected 1st two weeks of March, but may be delayed until 2nd half of March):

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-info.aspx

Microsoft's Formal Public statement about the WP7 Update Process:

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/03/10/phone-updates-process-and-timing.aspx

I hope this helps clarify things...

8 of 12 (2,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 8:28:54 PM
(0)
Professor

Looks like the Quantum will be getting its update soon.

Looks like the Quantum will be getting its update soon.

9 of 12 (1,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 12:02:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

Could be worse... HTC Surround users have to wait until mid-May for the update that you will get next week.

Could be worse... HTC Surround users have to wait until mid-May for the update that you will get next week.

10 of 12 (1,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2011 3:25:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

I got 2 updates pushed to my Quantum yesterday.  One said February and one said March.  Took about 1/2 hour, had to install Zune and USB into my pc.  

Haven't tried the cut & paste, or the enhanced app market, but did notice that the Facebook app is a little faster. 

I also noticed that it screwed up my text threads.  Before all texts with a certain person would be in one thread. After the update, I sent a text, and it didn't show up in the thread.  So I sent it again.....still not there.  So i backed out of the text screen, then went back in, and both texts were at the top, as part of a new thread.   

I was resistant to use Zune.  Just didn't really feel like I needed it, but it was kinda cool.  Still a bit cumbersome and not very user friendly, but a better way to look for apps. 

I got 2 updates pushed to my Quantum yesterday.  One said February and one said March.  Took about 1/2 hour, had to install Zune and USB into my pc.  

Haven't tried the cut & paste, or the enhanced app market, but did notice that the Facebook app is a little faster. 

I also noticed that it screwed up my text threads.  Before all texts with a certain person would be in one thread. After the update, I sent a text, and it didn't show up in the thread.  So I sent it again.....still not there.  So i backed out of the text screen, then went back in, and both texts were at the top, as part of a new thread.   

I was resistant to use Zune.  Just didn't really feel like I needed it, but it was kinda cool.  Still a bit cumbersome and not very user friendly, but a better way to look for apps. 

11 of 12 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2011 2:52:56 PM
(0)
Teacher
I have seen this also. All txt messages prior to upgrade will not be updated. It will create new threads subsequent to the upgrade. I just deleted all my old threads and all is working normally now
I have seen this also. All txt messages prior to upgrade will not be updated. It will create new threads subsequent to the upgrade. I just deleted all my old threads and all is working normally now

12 of 12 (505 Views)