Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 9, 2012
10:45:42 AM
ATT fails to keep old, "loyal" customers
Edited by consumerawareness on Feb 9, 2012 at 10:48:04 AM

Right now, I am ready to upgrade my iphone. I've been a "loyal" customer since 2003, and an iphone user since 2007. All ATT can offer me in my upgrade is less service for a higher monthly bill. Why would I stay with ATT if I have to pay $30 more a month, when I can pay a little less and move to Verizon? I am out of contract and will have to invest the same amount of $ for a new phone, so I think it would be in ATT's best interest to keep me. But they offer nothing. The grandfathered plan doesn't matter to me because I use less than 2Gigs a month, so it's the same cost as Verizon. And by ATT not offering me better comparable pricing, why would I stay? I've talked with 6 different salespeople on the phone about this, and they didn't care if I left or not. That was the pricing, take it or leave it. On my 7th call, I was offered a transfer to Customer Relations who said she was "doing me a favor" by letting me have the 200 text/$5 per month plan in lieu of your forced $20 unlimited text plan. If I emailed her, I can have her reinstate this onto my upgrade. Now, I had to insist on some kind of incentive to stay with ATT, and then she says she's doing me a favor? ATT fails at keeping old customers happy. And this is important because: Which is more difficult, getting new customers or keeping old ones? How hard would it have been to offer this to me from the very beginning? 

Right now, I am ready to upgrade my iphone. I've been a "loyal" customer since 2003, and an iphone user since 2007. All ATT can offer me in my upgrade is less service for a higher monthly bill. Why would I stay with ATT if I have to pay $30 more a month, when I can pay a little less and move to Verizon? I am out of contract and will have to invest the same amount of $ for a new phone, so I think it would be in ATT's best interest to keep me. But they offer nothing. The grandfathered plan doesn't matter to me because I use less than 2Gigs a month, so it's the same cost as Verizon. And by ATT not offering me better comparable pricing, why would I stay? I've talked with 6 different salespeople on the phone about this, and they didn't care if I left or not. That was the pricing, take it or leave it. On my 7th call, I was offered a transfer to Customer Relations who said she was "doing me a favor" by letting me have the 200 text/$5 per month plan in lieu of your forced $20 unlimited text plan. If I emailed her, I can have her reinstate this onto my upgrade. Now, I had to insist on some kind of incentive to stay with ATT, and then she says she's doing me a favor? ATT fails at keeping old customers happy. And this is important because: Which is more difficult, getting new customers or keeping old ones? How hard would it have been to offer this to me from the very beginning? 

ATT fails to keep old, "loyal" customers

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2012 7:11:54 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you're not able to find a rate plan and features that fit your needs. 

While I hope you stay with AT&T, I encourage you to thoroughly review both price and coverage before you choosing a different carrier. 

I'd be happy to have someone give you a call to review plans and options with you. If you'll please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you; I will get that set up for you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm sorry you're not able to find a rate plan and features that fit your needs. 

While I hope you stay with AT&T, I encourage you to thoroughly review both price and coverage before you choosing a different carrier. 

I'd be happy to have someone give you a call to review plans and options with you. If you'll please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you; I will get that set up for you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: ATT fails to keep old, "loyal" customers

2 of 2 (368 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments