Helpful Links

ATT can you hear me now

Mentor

ATT can you hear me now

Total loss of 3G my my area. 11501. Used to have it. TOTALLY non-existent now in home. Edge only. Outside too. 

I've been a cell phone only person now for 10 years. A cell phone users since 1985!!

Since ATT announced NY and the NYC area "fixed" - my coverage has drastically been worse. I never experienced calls. Now it is a REGULAR occurrence. Call Failed REGULAR occurrence. Had a dropped call when talking to ATT yesterday! I even went outside to make the call.

I use the ATT app for informing them of issues. I call and told "no 3G is all over your area". 

I've been with ATT for I guess now 12-13 years. I have gotten more customers over to ATT than anyone I bet over the years. I recently upgraded my three lines to the iPhone 4 from the 3Gs. 3Gs replaced original iPhone. I pay ATT roughly $260 per month for service for my 3 line family plan. And I'm at the end of my rope. And contemplating switching. Unheard of for me. 

Between lack of 3g service, dropped calls and call failed my usual daily routine now over and over, in NY and the NYC/Long Island area. My service actually GOT WORSE. And too pay for that "privilege" is insane.

Rant done. ATT can you hear me now?

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: ATT can you hear me now

You've done a software upgrade to the latest iPhone release by Apple right...? The Apple has a crap RF chip that other phones don't have. Compare the SAME LOCATION with two AT&T phones: iPhone and non-iphone. Compare the results. It may surprise you. This is more of an Apple RF engineering problem and NOT AT&T.

Message 2 of 5
Teacher

El. M. Eff. A. Oh. Att 3G is a j/k. They'll lie to you n e way. Did me. "you'll have 3G on Halloween.". Not. "in two weeks the towers will be programed". Lie. Last guy told me "I see no plans for 3G in your area. Call and make a report. " BS. Provide the service you sold to me. Liars!
Message 3 of 5
Expert

Avw1 wrote:
El. M. Eff. A. Oh. Att 3G is a j/k. They'll lie to you n e way. Did me. "you'll have 3G on Halloween.". Not. "in two weeks the towers will be programed". Lie. Last guy told me "I see no plans for 3G in your area. Call and make a report. " BS. Provide the service you sold to me. Liars!

They are providing the service that you bouight, if you can m ake and get calls and use sms and data then they did as advertised, anything above that is your own expectations and wants and not what ATTM or any other carrier promised you.

Message 4 of 5
Teacher

So let me get this right. Seems like a reasonable expectation that the CSR not lie to me about 3G service coming to my area. Let alone twice! It's interesting to see so many apologist on here.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support