ATT WindowsPhone Update Schedule ?????

Tutor

ATT WindowsPhone Update Schedule ?????

There have now been two updates to Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango"  7.10.7720.  The first one (7.10.7740) was never implemented by AT&T. Now MS has started rolling out 8107 which includes several bug fixes, one which is very necessary (the disappearing SW Keyboard).  The MS policy as I understand it states that the Service Provider can elect to skip one update (which ATT has already done so)  So I would like to know when ATT plans to take care of us Windows Phone users that they seem to forget about. 

If ATT truly wanted to fix their image they would start taking care of their customers.

Message 1 of 9 (1,706 Views)

Re: ATT WindowsPhone Update Schedule ?????

Sorry to say, but this is nothing new. It's not that they've recently forgotten about Windows Phone users. Windows Mobile users would have the same complaints...I know, I used to be one.

Message 2 of 9 (1,698 Views)
Tutor

Where do you complain?  These forums don't seem to be noticed or managed.  Anybody have any experience in this?

Message 3 of 9 (1,667 Views)

You're probably better off painting a bull's eye on your wall and banging your head there. Not trying to be flip, but AT&T has historically been glacially slow at updating Windows phones. 

And no, these forums aren't heavily managed. There are a pair of Community Managers and a handful of Admins who are AT&T employees. The Community Manager engage to solve individual issues, but they probably don't have knowledge of phone release or update schedules. The Admins/Mods are just here to ensure everyone plays nice in the sandbox. Even if higher ups at AT&T are lurking here, they're never going to identify themselves as such.

Message 4 of 9 (1,627 Views)

Why can't we just get the update directly from Microsoft?
Message 5 of 9 (1,494 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

@Thunderstryke, you can if you carrier unlock your phone. But figuring out how to do that can be difficult, depending on your circumstances.
Message 6 of 9 (1,479 Views)
Professor

Actually, it's as simple as flashing over a new ROM. Carrier unlocking a phone wouldn't do much in this case.

As far as getting your updates from MS, won't happen unless youre a developer with them. Updates get sent from MS to the various carriers for further "carrier specific modifications" (read: bloatware) before hitting the users on this end.

Message 7 of 9 (1,463 Views)
Mentor

See my reply/suggestion to ATT on how to simply engage with their WP7 customers here:  http://forums.att.com/t5/Windows-Phone-Community/Windows-Phone-Update-8107/td-p/3020697/page/2

<sigh>

Message 8 of 9 (1,435 Views)
Tutor

Worst customer service period.  called AT&T customer service about the new update, the responce was contact Microsoft because AT&T doesnt have any control on the software. i was placed on hold for 45 mins to hear this great news.

Message 9 of 9 (1,377 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.