Ask a question

Posted Jan 8, 2012
8:35:17 AM
View profile
ATT WindowsPhone Update Schedule ?????

There have now been two updates to Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango"  7.10.7720.  The first one (7.10.7740) was never implemented by AT&T. Now MS has started rolling out 8107 which includes several bug fixes, one which is very necessary (the disappearing SW Keyboard).  The MS policy as I understand it states that the Service Provider can elect to skip one update (which ATT has already done so)  So I would like to know when ATT plans to take care of us Windows Phone users that they seem to forget about. 

If ATT truly wanted to fix their image they would start taking care of their customers.

ATT WindowsPhone Update Schedule ?????

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2012 1:53:58 PM
(0)
Guru

Sorry to say, but this is nothing new. It's not that they've recently forgotten about Windows Phone users. Windows Mobile users would have the same complaints...I know, I used to be one.

Re: ATT WindowsPhone Update Schedule ?????

2 of 9 (1,633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 4:20:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

Where do you complain?  These forums don't seem to be noticed or managed.  Anybody have any experience in this?

3 of 9 (1,602 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2012 8:43:23 AM
(0)
Guru

You're probably better off painting a bull's eye on your wall and banging your head there. Not trying to be flip, but AT&T has historically been glacially slow at updating Windows phones. 

And no, these forums aren't heavily managed. There are a pair of Community Managers and a handful of Admins who are AT&T employees. The Community Manager engage to solve individual issues, but they probably don't have knowledge of phone release or update schedules. The Admins/Mods are just here to ensure everyone plays nice in the sandbox. Even if higher ups at AT&T are lurking here, they're never going to identify themselves as such.

4 of 9 (1,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2012 8:46:00 AM
(0)
Tutor
Why can't we just get the update directly from Microsoft?

5 of 9 (1,429 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2012 9:32:20 PM
(0)
Mentor
@Thunderstryke, you can if you carrier unlock your phone. But figuring out how to do that can be difficult, depending on your circumstances.
Posted from my cell phone

6 of 9 (1,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2012 9:12:43 PM
(0)
Professor

Actually, it's as simple as flashing over a new ROM. Carrier unlocking a phone wouldn't do much in this case.

As far as getting your updates from MS, won't happen unless youre a developer with them. Updates get sent from MS to the various carriers for further "carrier specific modifications" (read: bloatware) before hitting the users on this end.

7 of 9 (1,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2012 9:39:13 AM
(0)
Mentor

See my reply/suggestion to ATT on how to simply engage with their WP7 customers here:  http://forums.att.com/t5/Windows-Phone-Community/Windows-Phone-Update-8107/td-p/3020697/page/2

<sigh>

8 of 9 (1,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2012 9:46:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

Worst customer service period.  called AT&T customer service about the new update, the responce was contact Microsoft because AT&T doesnt have any control on the software. i was placed on hold for 45 mins to hear this great news.

9 of 9 (1,312 Views)