Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 2, 2011
9:38:50 AM
ATT - Samsung i897 Captivate - Contact List setup Help

I set up a new contact on my phone after entering the information and saving it, I then tried to send a message to the new contact. The contact phone appeared as xxx.xxx.xxxx@txt.att.net and the contact recieved an email rather than a text message. 

I have set up several other contacts on my phone  and none of them are saved this way (@txt.att.net).

All work ok (send and receive messages) execpt for this one.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue. Thanks in advance for a reply.

I set up a new contact on my phone after entering the information and saving it, I then tried to send a message to the new contact. The contact phone appeared as xxx.xxx.xxxx@txt.att.net and the contact recieved an email rather than a text message. 

I have set up several other contacts on my phone  and none of them are saved this way (@txt.att.net).

All work ok (send and receive messages) execpt for this one.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue. Thanks in advance for a reply.

ATT - Samsung i897 Captivate - Contact List setup Help

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 6:51:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Glomag on Feb 4, 2011 at 7:39:37 AM

Wish I can say ATT technical support helped me but it was nothing but a furstrating execersise {Uncalled for comment edited, keep it courteous}. I had to repeat my issue three times to three different people, no one takes the time to "read" and review the histoty of a call. In the end I'm stuck with the problem and their reply is to call the manafacturer.

After asking two times to speak to an ATT  Supervisor regarding this issue I finally got one, Tracy {Personal info edited, per Forum Guidelines} , what a gem of a supervisior you are, you failed me. Your company provided training for customers should include  empathy not sympathy. Shame on you, change your attitude and method of your delivery when speaking with a customer, it's offensive and not practical for your line of work. Remember Tracy, the customer is always right, that is the first rule of customer service.  

ATT you have been a reliable mobile service. I have been a loyal customer for many years. The times I've called you on a technical issue have been few and far between and can probably be counted on one hand. The service and quality provided to resolve this issue is simply not acceptable.  

Wish I can say ATT technical support helped me but it was nothing but a furstrating execersise {Uncalled for comment edited, keep it courteous}. I had to repeat my issue three times to three different people, no one takes the time to "read" and review the histoty of a call. In the end I'm stuck with the problem and their reply is to call the manafacturer.

After asking two times to speak to an ATT  Supervisor regarding this issue I finally got one, Tracy {Personal info edited, per Forum Guidelines} , what a gem of a supervisior you are, you failed me. Your company provided training for customers should include  empathy not sympathy. Shame on you, change your attitude and method of your delivery when speaking with a customer, it's offensive and not practical for your line of work. Remember Tracy, the customer is always right, that is the first rule of customer service.  

ATT you have been a reliable mobile service. I have been a loyal customer for many years. The times I've called you on a technical issue have been few and far between and can probably be counted on one hand. The service and quality provided to resolve this issue is simply not acceptable.  

Re: ATT - Samsung i897 Captivate - Contact List setup Help

[ Edited ]
2 of 10 (855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 7:15:21 AM
(0)
Employee

This is actually a call best suited for Samsung since it's dealing with the operating system since it's not the network or billing

This is actually a call best suited for Samsung since it's dealing with the operating system since it's not the network or billing

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 10 (849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 7:24:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Glomag on Feb 4, 2011 at 7:45:31 AM

spyderman456 wrote:

Wish I can say ATT technical support helped me but it was nothing but a furstrating execersise {Uncalled for comment edited, keep it courteous}. I had to repeat my issue three times to three different people, no one takes the time to "read" and review the histoty of a call. Your company provided training for customers should include  empathy not sympathy. Shame on you, change your attitude and method of your delivery when speaking with a customer, it's offensive and not practical for your line of work. Remember Tracy, the customer is always right, that is the first rule of customer service.

{Info edited from previous post}  Shame on YOU for calling such employees that name. No matter how "unhelpful" they could have been, that doesn't give you the right to call them such a despicable name. They're just everyday people, like you and I, who are out to help/do their job. Not to be secretly be blackmailed on the own Forum that the company they work for provides...! By the way, the customer is NOT always right about customer service, as you have proven in this case.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

spyderman456 wrote:

Wish I can say ATT technical support helped me but it was nothing but a furstrating execersise {Uncalled for comment edited, keep it courteous}. I had to repeat my issue three times to three different people, no one takes the time to "read" and review the histoty of a call. Your company provided training for customers should include  empathy not sympathy. Shame on you, change your attitude and method of your delivery when speaking with a customer, it's offensive and not practical for your line of work. Remember Tracy, the customer is always right, that is the first rule of customer service.

{Info edited from previous post}  Shame on YOU for calling such employees that name. No matter how "unhelpful" they could have been, that doesn't give you the right to call them such a despicable name. They're just everyday people, like you and I, who are out to help/do their job. Not to be secretly be blackmailed on the own Forum that the company they work for provides...! By the way, the customer is NOT always right about customer service, as you have proven in this case.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 10 (841 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 7:43:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

This is like a bad horror movie.

Spoke to Samsung, they can't perform reset on phone to . So they told me to go to the the local ATT store so the phone can be sent back to Samsung for service. Estimated time of evaluation and repair 6 days. Yeah right !

Sucks to be me. The simple call for support has snowballed into a major issue. Thinking I should of stayed with my simple Sony Ericisson, rather than this smartphone technology, great bells and whistles, lot's of headaches I don't need. I'm done.  

This is like a bad horror movie.

Spoke to Samsung, they can't perform reset on phone to . So they told me to go to the the local ATT store so the phone can be sent back to Samsung for service. Estimated time of evaluation and repair 6 days. Yeah right !

Sucks to be me. The simple call for support has snowballed into a major issue. Thinking I should of stayed with my simple Sony Ericisson, rather than this smartphone technology, great bells and whistles, lot's of headaches I don't need. I'm done.  

5 of 10 (826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 7:44:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

you must work for att, huh...

6 of 10 (822 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 7:46:39 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

spyderman456 wrote:

Please stay on topic and keep it courteous. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

spyderman456 wrote:

Please stay on topic and keep it courteous. Thank you.

7 of 10 (820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 7:55:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

spyderman456 wrote:

must work for att, huh.

If you're directing that comment toward me, no, I do not. If you're talking to JFizDaWiz, yes, he does; he has the designated AT&T signature labeled underneath his posts - I do not. Therefore, I'm just an everyday Wireless user. Nothing more. Smiley Wink

spyderman456 wrote:

must work for att, huh.

If you're directing that comment toward me, no, I do not. If you're talking to JFizDaWiz, yes, he does; he has the designated AT&T signature labeled underneath his posts - I do not. Therefore, I'm just an everyday Wireless user. Nothing more. Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 10 (807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 8:20:13 AM
(0)
Tutor

ok, do you have something to offer to solve this issue ?. Probably no. So move on. Smiley Happy

ok, do you have something to offer to solve this issue ?. Probably no. So move on. Smiley Happy

9 of 10 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 8:29:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

spyderman456 wrote:

For the most part, not really, although a contact receiving an e-mail message instead of a text message is very odd. Perhaps the receiver's phone has some type of setting where messages are received as e-mails? Are you sure that it was a text message being sent instead of e-mail?

spyderman456 wrote:

For the most part, not really, although a contact receiving an e-mail message instead of a text message is very odd. Perhaps the receiver's phone has some type of setting where messages are received as e-mails? Are you sure that it was a text message being sent instead of e-mail?

10 of 10 (777 Views)