Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 6, 2010
3:43:48 PM
ATT New Smartphones Rumors?

Before the end of the year, I plan to buy a new smartphone.
My carrier is ATT and I am staying with them.

Question is, anytime in the near future (within 4-6 months), do any of you know of any plans for ATT to add any new smartphones?
As it stands I was going to choose between the iPhone 4 and the Samsung.
However, if the iPhone is being redesigned in that timeframe, I'd reconsider.
I'd really like it if ATT carried an HTC phone like the EVO on sprint, the aria stinks.

Do any of you know the inside scoop, and if not, where can I get such tips/rumors?

Before the end of the year, I plan to buy a new smartphone.
My carrier is ATT and I am staying with them.

Question is, anytime in the near future (within 4-6 months), do any of you know of any plans for ATT to add any new smartphones?
As it stands I was going to choose between the iPhone 4 and the Samsung.
However, if the iPhone is being redesigned in that timeframe, I'd reconsider.
I'd really like it if ATT carried an HTC phone like the EVO on sprint, the aria stinks.

Do any of you know the inside scoop, and if not, where can I get such tips/rumors?

ATT New Smartphones Rumors?

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2010 4:21:16 PM
(0)
Guru

Traditonally, Apple comes out with a new version in the late June/July timeframe.  Have you looked at the new phones with Microsoft Mobile 7 or the Blackberry Torch?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.

Traditonally, Apple comes out with a new version in the late June/July timeframe.  Have you looked at the new phones with Microsoft Mobile 7 or the Blackberry Torch?

Sent from my iPhone 4

Re: ATT New Smartphones Rumors?

2 of 17 (2,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2010 6:59:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

The Samsung Focus is a Windows Phone 7 release, that will be coming very soon, if it's not already out.

The HTC Surround is also rumored, along with a new Motorola.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

The Samsung Focus is a Windows Phone 7 release, that will be coming very soon, if it's not already out.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 17 (2,609 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2010 2:53:41 AM
(0)
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

focus, surround and a LG will be available 11/08 in limited quantity at the ATT stores, these are all first generation Windows 7 Mobile phones. there are runors of others but your best bet on those is the bing the web on them. Iphone releases are general mid to early june if one comes out. Apple is pretty close to the vest on their equipment.  

Wild Banchi wrote:

focus, surround and a LG will be available 11/08 in limited quantity at the ATT stores, these are all first generation Windows 7 Mobile phones. there are runors of others but your best bet on those is the bing the web on them. Iphone releases are general mid to early june if one comes out. Apple is pretty close to the vest on their equipment.  

4 of 17 (2,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2010 7:10:19 AM
(0)
Guru

Yes, there are phones that have been announced for release between now and the end of the year.

I doubt that anything that's just rumored would be released before year-end.  Even though we haven't passed Thanksgiving, yet, the holiday season has started.  Anything that's coming out would be officially announced so people can plan their holiday purchases.  It just wouldn't make business sense to have an unannounced surprise release between now and the end of the year.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Yes, there are phones that have been announced for release between now and the end of the year.

I doubt that anything that's just rumored would be released before year-end.  Even though we haven't passed Thanksgiving, yet, the holiday season has started.  Anything that's coming out would be officially announced so people can plan their holiday purchases.  It just wouldn't make business sense to have an unannounced surprise release between now and the end of the year.

5 of 17 (2,514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2010 2:09:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

erichamion wrote:

Right. The new releases should be out by Black Friday, or nearer to Christmastime. At least, that's when I would plan them out.

Lots of people buy electronics for the hoiday season. It sure makes sense for some folks to snatch 'em up for Christmas presents... Smiley Wink 

erichamion wrote:

Right. The new releases should be out by Black Friday, or nearer to Christmastime. At least, that's when I would plan them out.

Lots of people buy electronics for the hoiday season. It sure makes sense for some folks to snatch 'em up for Christmas presents... Smiley Wink 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 17 (2,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2010 12:35:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

So no new iphone till summer.

What about droid phones...any new droid phones coming soon or not till summer for ATT as I was thinking Samsung Captivate.

What about droid phones...any new droid phones coming soon or not till summer for ATT as I was thinking Samsung Captivate.

7 of 17 (2,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2010 1:25:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

bluecountry wrote:

Droid? Do you mean "Android", by any chance?

If so, yes, many are coming fairly soon, and a few are even already out like the new Motorola's that I can't remember the names of...

There's Windows 7 Phones already out there, such as the Samsung Focus, and the HTC Surround.

The Dell Streak is also very cool.

bluecountry wrote:

Droid? Do you mean "Android", by any chance?

If so, yes, many are coming fairly soon, and a few are even already out like the new Motorola's that I can't remember the names of...

There's Windows 7 Phones already out there, such as the Samsung Focus, and the HTC Surround.

The Dell Streak is also very cool.

8 of 17 (2,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2010 10:29:58 AM
(0)
Teacher

Here's a rumor that I'm interested in:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2373216,00.asp

Here's a rumor that I'm interested in:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2373216,00.asp

9 of 17 (1,975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2010 11:12:51 AM
(0)
Scholar

That Acer does look awesome, I did see that rumor pop up somewhere... I almost got the Streak, but the 1.6 OS has been holding me back. The 4.8" screen could be just right, being only .2 smaller than the Streak, but hopefully a more powerfully spec'd phone. If only the release time-line were a bit closer. I think I'm going to dive into something in December or January, just waiting to see what.

That Acer does look awesome, I did see that rumor pop up somewhere... I almost got the Streak, but the 1.6 OS has been holding me back. The 4.8" screen could be just right, being only .2 smaller than the Streak, but hopefully a more powerfully spec'd phone. If only the release time-line were a bit closer. I think I'm going to dive into something in December or January, just waiting to see what.

10 of 17 (1,965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2010 12:23:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

The Acer looks interesting, but really have to discount this bit in the article

"AT&T, for its part, has shown that it's open to trying to sell 5-inch giant Android tablet-phones, as the carrier approved the Dell Streak."

As far as I've seen, ATT hasn't done a single thing to sell the Streak other than offer service for it. Only Dell has, and that's been spotty for the most part. In fact, I'd say ATT has done all it can to limit the screen size of their non-iphone handsets, seeing as how all the other carriers have phones with >4" screens.....

"AT&T, for its part, has shown that it's open to trying to sell 5-inch giant Android tablet-phones, as the carrier approved the Dell Streak."

As far as I've seen, ATT hasn't done a single thing to sell the Streak other than offer service for it. Only Dell has, and that's been spotty for the most part. In fact, I'd say ATT has done all it can to limit the screen size of their non-iphone handsets, seeing as how all the other carriers have phones with >4" screens.....

11 of 17 (990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2010 3:27:48 PM
(0)
Expert

diagoro wrote:

can name at least 4 ATT phones that have screens 4.00 inches or greater - and that is just one brand, not bothering to look at the other brands that ATT sells, or is this another case of iphoneitis? By the way the iphone 4 screen is only 3.5 in diagonal per Apples specifications

diagoro wrote:

can name at least 4 ATT phones that have screens 4.00 inches or greater - and that is just one brand, not bothering to look at the other brands that ATT sells, or is this another case of iphoneitis? By the way the iphone 4 screen is only 3.5 in diagonal per Apples specifications

12 of 17 (973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2010 9:13:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

Which ones are those? Are they 4.05"???? 

Of course, according to his holiness, Steve Jobs, no one would ever want a screen larger than 3.5 anyways......bring on the cool-aid.

Of course, according to his holiness, Steve Jobs, no one would ever want a screen larger than 3.5 anyways......bring on the cool-aid.

13 of 17 (939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2010 12:23:13 PM
(0)
Scholar
Well, the Windows Phone 7 Dell Venue Pro was just released. http://www.dell.com/us/p/mobile-venue-pro/pd There is the rumored Dell Thunder/Venue android handset for release in the next couple of months - http://www.gsmarena.com/dell_thunder-3281.php And then there is the recently leaked Motorola Olympus android handset set to be announced Jan 5th at CES. It's supposed to be running Froyo w/Motoblur and have a 4.1 inch display, 8mp camera w/LED flash, front-facing camera, and HDMI port / microUSB. Oh...and it's got a dual-core Tegra2 processor.
Well, the Windows Phone 7 Dell Venue Pro was just released. http://www.dell.com/us/p/mobile-venue-pro/pd There is the rumored Dell Thunder/Venue android handset for release in the next couple of months - http://www.gsmarena.com/dell_thunder-3281.php And then there is the recently leaked Motorola Olympus android handset set to be announced Jan 5th at CES. It's supposed to be running Froyo w/Motoblur and have a 4.1 inch display, 8mp camera w/LED flash, front-facing camera, and HDMI port / microUSB. Oh...and it's got a dual-core Tegra2 processor.

14 of 17 (920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2010 1:08:26 PM
(0)
Expert

diagoro wrote:

took me 30 seconds to find them on att's site.

diagoro wrote:

15 of 17 (909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2010 1:12:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

wingrider01 wrote:

diagoro wrote:

Please share....last I checked, the 'comparison mode' only had device measurements, not screen size.

As for Rounin's post, ATT seems to stop at 4.1". I wont count on rumored devices until they appear, as there was one from Asus that was 4.7"......

wingrider01 wrote:

diagoro wrote:

Please share....last I checked, the 'comparison mode' only had device measurements, not screen size.

As for Rounin's post, ATT seems to stop at 4.1". I wont count on rumored devices until they appear, as there was one from Asus that was 4.7"......

16 of 17 (906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2010 1:42:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Rounin wrote:

The new "Olympus" sounds like it would fit me perfectly... Smiley Happy

But there aren't many devices out there (especially on AT&T) that offer 4" screens or larger that I know of...

Rounin wrote:

The new "Olympus" sounds like it would fit me perfectly... Smiley Happy

But there aren't many devices out there (especially on AT&T) that offer 4" screens or larger that I know of...

17 of 17 (896 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments