ATT DATA USUAGE CALCULATOR

Mentor

ATT DATA USUAGE CALCULATOR

http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/index.html

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 8
Scholar

Re: ATT DATA USUAGE CALCULATOR

yay!!!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Professor

In a world where some people still call and ask about how many "minutes" they get online, this calculator is great.

Message 3 of 8
Scholar

Now that tool is amazing!  Makes me want to run out and get a Smart phone. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8

UNSC_REACH wrote:

In a world where some people still call and ask about how many "minutes" they get online, this calculator is great.

I love hearing this. I get a chuckle every time.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Message 5 of 8
Scholar

I like it overall. 

But, I think the calculator might be off in terms of the e-mails with photo attachment calculations, but only in the sense that I think it overestimates size/data usage (which is actually good -- much better than underestimating usage).  But I might be misinterpreting. 

I seem to be seeing a pretty big discrepancy between the slider calculation on photo attachments and the Data Legend below. 

That is, the Data Legend shows each e-mail with photo attachment as using approximately 350 KB (.35 MB), which does not seem to be a bad estimation in a general sense.

But, the slider shows 10 e-mails with photo attachments as using .10 GB (100 MB), which means each e-mail with photo attachment is being calculated as 10 MB usage (or 10,000 KB). 

So, should each e-mail with photo attachment be calculated at 350 KB (.35 MB) or 10,000 KB (10 MB)?

Something seems to be off -- either my calculations, the calculator's calculations, or my interpretation of the calculator's calculations.  And I do admit that my own calculations might not be correct in this.  But, it looks to me as though they need to fix the e-mail with photo attachment slider to more accurately match the Data Legend. 

Message 6 of 8

Each of the sliders has a drop-down selection for per day or per month.  Then the bar at the bottom is per month.  100MB per month / 10 emails per day / 30 days per month ~ 0.333 MB per email.  That's mMuch more in line with the estimate.

Message 7 of 8
Scholar

erichamion wrote:

Each of the sliders has a drop-down selection for per day or per month.  Then the bar at the bottom is per month.  100MB per month / 10 emails per day / 30 days per month ~ 0.333 MB per email.  That's mMuch more in line with the estimate.

Ahh, I got it.  So, I was misinterpreting the data usage bar when in the "day" mode on the slider (that is, incorrectly concluding that the total reflected only 10 photo e-mails instead of 300 photo e-mails).  Thanks for clearing that up for me, erichamion.  Now it makes sense and I can see that the numbers do indeed match nearly exactly. 

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support