Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 12, 2011
3:10:48 PM
View profile
ATT Customer Service Reps

I'd like to take some time today and talk about ATT customer service reps.

Every single rep that posts on this forum are the ones I hope and pray for when I call in. All reps that have been posting, and I wont name them because I don't want to leave any out, all of them are really wonderful. No matter if they are working for a 3rd party that does customer service for ATT or if they are corporate people working in house, they are usually not allowed (nor do they have time frankly) to be on here posting. No, they do this as a small hobby from home or their phone while at lunch or break. Any "customer" that has come on here and said negative things about reps in general should realize that they are talking with other human beings. If a rep makes a mistake, its a human error. It happens, don't pretend that you yourself are perfect.

I see a lot of people that just bash and bash reps on here. Yeah, maybe someone messed up your account but its a mistake and everyone makes them. They have a job, and they are held to strict quality standards. So its not like they are not trying. Now I know not every rep enjoys their job but a large majority do and they want to help.

I just read a post where someone was referring to a rep as a "flunkie". In my opinion that is uncalled for, and I reported it to a moderator as such. These people are trying to help, and especially the ones that post on here.

I try to kudos every single rep that posts a reply to someone's question, because I know corporate ATT doesn't care less if your helping anyone on here. Your not paid more, you just like solving peoples problems.

Kudos to every single rep.

I'd like to take some time today and talk about ATT customer service reps.

Every single rep that posts on this forum are the ones I hope and pray for when I call in. All reps that have been posting, and I wont name them because I don't want to leave any out, all of them are really wonderful. No matter if they are working for a 3rd party that does customer service for ATT or if they are corporate people working in house, they are usually not allowed (nor do they have time frankly) to be on here posting. No, they do this as a small hobby from home or their phone while at lunch or break. Any "customer" that has come on here and said negative things about reps in general should realize that they are talking with other human beings. If a rep makes a mistake, its a human error. It happens, don't pretend that you yourself are perfect.

I see a lot of people that just bash and bash reps on here. Yeah, maybe someone messed up your account but its a mistake and everyone makes them. They have a job, and they are held to strict quality standards. So its not like they are not trying. Now I know not every rep enjoys their job but a large majority do and they want to help.

I just read a post where someone was referring to a rep as a "flunkie". In my opinion that is uncalled for, and I reported it to a moderator as such. These people are trying to help, and especially the ones that post on here.

I try to kudos every single rep that posts a reply to someone's question, because I know corporate ATT doesn't care less if your helping anyone on here. Your not paid more, you just like solving peoples problems.

Kudos to every single rep.

ATT Customer Service Reps

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 4:29:34 PM
(0)
Guru

Thank you UNSC_REACH! Smiley Happy

Thank you UNSC_REACH! Smiley Happy

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Re: ATT Customer Service Reps

2 of 17 (2,627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 7:29:27 PM
(0)
Former Employee

TY

TY

3 of 17 (2,619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 5:41:57 AM
(0)
Guru

Thanks!! and Kudos!

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

Thanks!! and Kudos!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

4 of 17 (2,605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 10:44:27 AM
(0)
Master

Great explanation and honesty! Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Great explanation and honesty! Smiley Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

5 of 17 (2,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 10:55:48 AM
(0)
Guru

Wow...that was...wow...

Thanks UNSC_REACH.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Wow...that was...wow...

Thanks UNSC_REACH.

6 of 17 (2,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 12:58:14 PM
(0)
Professor
Proud to say the post that I was referring to was edited, I guess the mods shared my opinion on how outrageously demeaning it was.
Proud to say the post that I was referring to was edited, I guess the mods shared my opinion on how outrageously demeaning it was.

7 of 17 (2,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 1:33:58 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Glomag on Jan 13, 2011 at 1:50:01 PM

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Yeah. No offense, but all he did was come on here to belittle and trash the AT&T employees that visit here, and telling THEM what to do! People can decide what they'd like to do with their career, not having someone decide it for them.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Yeah. No offense, but all he did was come on here to belittle and trash the AT&T employees that visit here, and telling THEM what to do! People can decide what they'd like to do with their career, not having someone decide it for them.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

[ Edited ]
8 of 17 (2,561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 2:37:55 PM
(0)
Guru

I agree.  We, the public, are a tough bunch.  I have never gotten a rude AT&T CR on the phone.  In what, thirteen years or so?  I am also grateful for all of the AT&T employees who post here.  I have learned a lot from them and other posters.  I can sound less uniformed when I go phone shopping or have a question because of all the time and effort they put into posting on the forums.  Thank you!

I agree.  We, the public, are a tough bunch.  I have never gotten a rude AT&T CR on the phone.  In what, thirteen years or so?  I am also grateful for all of the AT&T employees who post here.  I have learned a lot from them and other posters.  I can sound less uniformed when I go phone shopping or have a question because of all the time and effort they put into posting on the forums.  Thank you!

9 of 17 (2,533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 3:15:32 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by hme83 on Jan 15, 2011 at 3:21:36 PM

Good post UNSC and one that bears keeping in mind for everyone, regardless of their relationship to at&t. Smiley Happy

Noone should be abused on the forums, and instances of abuse - regardless of who it is directed toward or who the perpetrator is - should be reported to the mods.

I agree - at&t's customer service reps have one of the most difficult jobs I can imagine, so they certainly shouldn't be abused in their efforts to offer legitimate help out here.  Conversely, this is a customer to customer based forum.  Consumers are here to discuss the realities of being an at&t consumer, so customer service reps (who are posting here in an "unofficial" capacity - so they should be posting on their own time, just as everyone else is Smiley Wink ) need to not take negative comments by customers personally.  Whether the customer is "right" or not, they deserve to be heard with an effort toward unbiased empathy and given constructive direction and support that is based on the practical reality of the situation. 

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Good post UNSC and one that bears keeping in mind for everyone, regardless of their relationship to at&t. Smiley Happy

Noone should be abused on the forums, and instances of abuse - regardless of who it is directed toward or who the perpetrator is - should be reported to the mods.

I agree - at&t's customer service reps have one of the most difficult jobs I can imagine, so they certainly shouldn't be abused in their efforts to offer legitimate help out here.  Conversely, this is a customer to customer based forum.  Consumers are here to discuss the realities of being an at&t consumer, so customer service reps (who are posting here in an "unofficial" capacity - so they should be posting on their own time, just as everyone else is Smiley Wink ) need to not take negative comments by customers personally.  Whether the customer is "right" or not, they deserve to be heard with an effort toward unbiased empathy and given constructive direction and support that is based on the practical reality of the situation. 

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

[ Edited ]
10 of 17 (2,518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2011 10:01:48 PM
(0)
Employee

I feel good when thanked. We do everything we can to help customers every day and I don't always get a thanks, I know it's my job to fix the issues but when I went out of my way to help, more than I could have just be courteous as I was to you. 

I feel good when thanked. We do everything we can to help customers every day and I don't always get a thanks, I know it's my job to fix the issues but when I went out of my way to help, more than I could have just be courteous as I was to you. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 17 (2,329 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 7:57:46 AM
(0)
Guru

Thanks for this post !!

When you call to CS you arent talking with the owner of att you are talking with a REPRESENTATIVE of att and many time the reps arent agree with the policies but we need to follow them like any other job. think about this the next time you call to any CS

Thanks for this post !!

When you call to CS you arent talking with the owner of att you are talking with a REPRESENTATIVE of att and many time the reps arent agree with the policies but we need to follow them like any other job. think about this the next time you call to any CS

12 of 17 (2,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 2:57:53 PM
(0)
Professor
dont hijack

Thanks REACH, i appreciate it.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
dont hijack

Thanks REACH, i appreciate it.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

13 of 17 (2,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 5:51:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

@mrkropcircles: lest not having bruised feelings, can you be a little less vague instead of just blurting out "Don't Hijack" .  Where out only 14 posts do you see someone doctoring original script to change meaning? Or do you just interject spurious social networking norms on the whim?

@mrkropcircles: lest not having bruised feelings, can you be a little less vague instead of just blurting out "Don't Hijack" .  Where out only 14 posts do you see someone doctoring original script to change meaning? Or do you just interject spurious social networking norms on the whim?

14 of 17 (2,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2011 2:00:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

And Im wondering why csr are told if they don't come in due to inclement weather they will be fired. Here in Illinois over the next 2 days we are suppose to get sleet, freezing rain and 12 inches of snow. Then the winds are suppose to pick up to 25 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph. Official are suggesting people stay off the roads unless its an emergency. With 20 miles one way to go to work I think the firing is a little harsh.  Any thoughts on this subject?

And Im wondering why csr are told if they don't come in due to inclement weather they will be fired. Here in Illinois over the next 2 days we are suppose to get sleet, freezing rain and 12 inches of snow. Then the winds are suppose to pick up to 25 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph. Official are suggesting people stay off the roads unless its an emergency. With 20 miles one way to go to work I think the firing is a little harsh.  Any thoughts on this subject?

15 of 17 (2,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2011 3:34:37 AM
(0)
Professor

I know that at least 1 ATT call center is thinking about closing today/tomorrow, not sure if it actually will. I was made aware of this by some friends that work for the company.

If the weather is bad they will close it.

I know that at least 1 ATT call center is thinking about closing today/tomorrow, not sure if it actually will. I was made aware of this by some friends that work for the company.

If the weather is bad they will close it.

16 of 17 (2,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2011 2:40:04 PM
(0)
Professor
FIRED DUE TO INCLEMET WEATHER, i think not....we have 5 call centers closed and my call center has to work 1-2 hours MANDATORY OVERTIME per agent because of that....

FIRED DUE TO INCLEMET WEATHER, i think not....we have 5 call centers closed and my call center has to work 1-2 hours MANDATORY OVERTIME per agent because of that....

17 of 17 (2,203 Views)