AT&T will not ship to my home address?

Contributor

AT&T will not ship to my home address?

I have spoken with their CSR and they continue to tell me that my address is not valid. I ordered a new phone but they refuse to ship it to my physical address because they say that it does not show up in their system as a valid address. I have lived in this house for a few years now and I have other packages shipped to my house using the various carriers (UPS, FEDEX etc..). I had to have my wifes phone shipped to my old address and when it arrived it was stolen and I don't want this to happen again. Has anyone ever had this problem, and if so did you get it resolved? Any help or ideas on how I can get my address to be recognized in their system would be a tremendous help as like I said before, other companies can ship to my house just fine. I will also point out that I have a P.O. Box but they don't ship to P.O. boxes and all of the packages that I recieve are dropped off at my door NOT my Post Office. Thanks in advance to anyone who can be of assistance.

Aaron

Message 1 of 7 (251 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: AT&T will not ship to my home address?

[ Edited ]

What is the address on your account? Did you change your address on your account when you moved?

If not, they will not ship to the address other than what is on your account.

{Moderator Note: You should not post your or anyone else’s personal information on these Forums including but not limited to name, physical or email address, age, phone number or credit card information.  Furthermore, if any user asks you for personal information, such as an account number, address, password or credit card number, do not provide it.}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 02-06-2010 11:22:01 AM
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (246 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

aballein wrote:

I have spoken with their CSR and they continue to tell me that my address is not valid. I ordered a new phone but they refuse to ship it to my physical address because they say that it does not show up in their system as a valid address. I have lived in this house for a few years now and I have other packages shipped to my house using the various carriers (UPS, FEDEX etc..). I had to have my wifes phone shipped to my old address and when it arrived it was stolen and I don't want this to happen again. Has anyone ever had this problem, and if so did you get it resolved? Any help or ideas on how I can get my address to be recognized in their system would be a tremendous help as like I said before, other companies can ship to my house just fine. I will also point out that I have a P.O. Box but they don't ship to P.O. boxes and all of the packages that I recieve are dropped off at my door NOT my Post Office. Thanks in advance to anyone who can be of assistance.

Aaron

your credit card info/bank info has to match the Physical address or AT&T will not ship to you.

this will help cut down on ID theft and  mail farud. so you need to figure out if your bank info has your correct address and the credit if any your trying to pay with has your current address. that might be the problem.

make sure your address on your account  match your home addres, if it does not log into the OLAM and change your personal info.

Message Edited by graphite07 on 02-06-2010 10:52:51 AM
Message 3 of 7 (228 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

I live just outside a small rural town. The people in town have to pick up their mail at the post office from an assigned PO Box. Their is no rural delivery to their actual address. Maybe this is why the address is not in the postal system.
Message 4 of 7 (217 Views)

Just a quick clarification, you mentioned that UPS, Fedex can do package drop offs at your house. However, does the USPS route cover it? If  US Postal doesn't have your address in it's route, AT&T does not see it either. (This was a big pain in my behind when I changed to my PO box...)

Regarding your PO box, is it in a building (like a Postal Annex?) or is it a bunch of boxes lined up outside? If it's the former and someone can sign for the package, they are usually able to drop off at that location.

Anyway, some suggestions would be to have it shipped to a friend's house or to your work address if that's allowed.

Good Luck!

Message 5 of 7 (210 Views)
ACE - Expert

kdfederer wrote:

What is the address on your account? Did you change your address on your account when you moved?

If not, they will not ship to the address other than what is on your account.

{Moderator Note: You should not post your or anyone else’s personal information on these Forums including but not limited to name, physical or email address, age, phone number or credit card information.  Furthermore, if any user asks you for personal information, such as an account number, address, password or credit card number, do not provide it.}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 02-06-2010 11:22:01 AM

What I meant to ask was is the address on your account the same as your current address. The OP stated he had to have his wife's phone sent to his previous address. if he didn't change the address on his account, that is why the had to ship to his previous address as that is what was on the account. I was not asking for his physical address, just for him to check his address on his account and see if the account address was current.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7 (199 Views)
Master

Have policies changed? a few months ago I shipped a phone in my name to my dad's house for him. But a year before that, I was unable to do it
Message 7 of 7 (176 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.