AT&T sues Verizon Wireless over 3G ads:

Professor

Re: VZ 3g map commercial

Irish Rose wrote:

clowry wrote:
what i shake my head at is the fact they show an accurate 3G only map for AT&T, yet the map that flashes up for themselves includes their 1X and 3G coverage and they think that people are so stupid that they do not recognize it.  it angers me against verizon for assuming i am that dumb and gullible, so no matter what they might offer me to switch to their junk network i wouldn't. 

Unfortunately there are far too many people out there who do not realize this, and are easily fooled by what they are seeing on the map. However, those of us who have had Verizon, know better, and wouldn't fall for their misleading tactics. 

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I found this to be a good coverage of the issue.
Message 46 of 195

Re: RANDOM...What's everyone doing???

I was just reading about the AT&T lawsuit against Verizon.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/59230;_ylt=Au6_YqB4jXeVxnE.Tuu1sgdCMZA5?comment_start=26&comme...

I thought the whole thing was timely as I have been an AT&T customer for years and lately have becomed disillusioned with them after repeatedly having nightmare experiences with the customer service people as well as the retail reprsentatives at the AT&T store. After seeing how many dissatisfied customers there are, now I see how far AT&T has fallen in grace among their customer base.

Needless to say, I wont be an AT&T customer much longer.......

Message 47 of 195
Professor

Cya later. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I am sorry why bother waiting for your contract to be up. If you are not getting what you want you should move on already. Go to Verizon you have nothing to lose doing so. Only the "best" service, or are you afraid the grass isn't greener on the other side?
Message 48 of 195
Expert

Verizon commercial and 3G map

What thread IS this anyway??? I see that it keeps changing from one thing to another....Smiley Indifferent Maybe we can change it back to what it is supposed to be?? I believe it is about Verizon???

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 49 of 195
Master

Re: VZ 3g map commercial

guandalf wrote:

Irish Rose wrote:

clowry wrote:
what i shake my head at is the fact they show an accurate 3G only map for AT&T, yet the map that flashes up for themselves includes their 1X and 3G coverage and they think that people are so stupid that they do not recognize it.  it angers me against verizon for assuming i am that dumb and gullible, so no matter what they might offer me to switch to their junk network i wouldn't. 

Unfortunately there are far too many people out there who do not realize this, and are easily fooled by what they are seeing on the map. However, those of us who have had Verizon, know better, and wouldn't fall for their misleading tactics. 

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I found this to be a good coverage of the issue.

I couldn't agree more that such a frivilous lawsuit makes at&t look like a whiney spoilsport. Smiley Sad

And imho, this article alludes to why I found this to be a creative and timely campaign on Verizon's part - smartphones.  If you are a prospective customer *outside* the very small geographic area that at&t's 3G service covers (or travel frequently outside of these areas) and you intend to purchase a device that has been designated by either carrier as a "smartphone/PDA" - wouldn't you want to choose the carrier that will provide the largest coverage area for their most advanced data service?  After all, whether you want it or not - the "all you can eat" smartphone/PDA data plan is going to be forced upon you - so I'd go with the carrier where I'm going to get the best opportunity to use that monthly expenditure to it's fullest extent - it may be almost 1/2 of the monthly amount I spend on cell phone service!!  ($30 of the $70 for 450 minutes + smartphone/PDA data plan)

The mandatory inclusion of the unlimited data plan on their smartphones is a fairly recent change by at&t, and of course Verizon is getting ready to introduce their "iPhone killer".  lol.  So why shouldn't Verizon highlight and exploit the difference re: the more advanced data network coverage in their advertising?

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 50 of 195
Highlighted
Scholar

Doppler808 wrote:
Cya later. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I am sorry why bother waiting for your contract to be up. If you are not getting what you want you should move on already. Go to Verizon you have nothing to lose doing so. Only the "best" service, or are you afraid the grass isn't greener on the other side?

How about you just keep your rude fanboy comments to yourself...what's the matter, upset that AT&T is getting served the crow it deserves?

(Uncalled for comment edited)

Message Edited by WirelessForeman on 11-09-2009 07:55:31 AM
Message 51 of 195
Scholar

Re: AT&T sues Verizon Wireless over 3G ads:

you know something that never ceases to amaze me is the amount of people on here that seem to root for the demise of at&t.  i myself am a customer nor for nearly 10 years and outside of my experience with the failed quickfire project, have had nothing bad to complain about with at&t.  I have ventured out and peeked at what t-mo and verizon had to offer both plan-wise and phone-wise and have been disappointed on both fronts.  the phone lineups for the other companies just do not seem to add up to at&t in my estimation.  i was with sprint before at&t and let me tell you if you gripe about the customer service here then just thank your lucky stars that you are not with sprint.  that was some of the worst experiences in service i have ever had the displeasure to experience, even paid ETF to escape it and then came to at&t
Message 52 of 195
Former Moderator

elrondius wrote:

Doppler808 wrote:

How about you just keep your rude fanboy comments to yourself...what's the matter, upset that AT&T is getting served the crow it deserves?

Go multi task or something, you're the resident expert on it.

Please keep it relevant, appropriate and courteous.  These Forums are specifically provided to allow users and customers of AT&T to help each other in using wireless products and services from AT&T. Your opinions are always welcome but personal attacks and harassment in the Forum, including through the Forums private messaging system, are not acceptable.  Please adhere to the guidelines or this thread will be closed.  Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 53 of 195
Master

Re: Verizon commercial and 3G map

Dcookie wrote:
What thread IS this anyway??? I see that it keeps changing from one thing to another....Smiley Indifferent Maybe we can change it back to what it is supposed to be?? I believe it is about Verizon???

When a thread is created on this same topic from another part of the forum, and merged here to this thread, it keeps its original thread title, instead of changing over to this one. That is the reason why, you are seeing a "few" different titles in this thread.

Message 54 of 195
Expert

Re: Verizon commercial and 3G map

Irish Rose wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

When a thread is created on this same topic from another part of the forum, and merged here to this thread, it keeps its original thread title, instead of changing over to this one. That is the reason why, you are seeing a "few" different titles in this thread.

Yea..I noticed that AFTER I posted this. I saw that mod.moose moved it over to here. Thanks Irish Rose. Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 55 of 195
Professor

elrondius wrote:

Doppler808 wrote:

Go multi task or something, you're the resident expert on it.

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. I am not upset. It's purely simple. IF you are not happy move on and stop crying about it. If it was too big of a deal. If you don't like the services, or the prices go elsewhere. Complaining about it does little. Things would move faster if all the carriers started to lose customers because of their prices. You'd see a universal price drop in all categories. People love to complain, and whine about everything, and yet they don't do anything about it. Just cry like little kids, and be sue happy to make a quick buck. People keep saying that the map is about 3G coverage as the asterisk says at the bottom of the commercial. Well if people can sue AT&T for saying later this summer with the same asterisk then why can't AT&T make the same argument. Gotta love double standards. AS I SAID MULTIPLE TIMES. IF AT&T didn't give me the coverage I needed I wouldn't be with them. I'd pay the ETF and not deal with all the headaches. Look it up Elrondius and you'd be surprised how many times I have said it. Verizon sucks here, T-Mobile gives better coverage here, as well as AT&T. I chose AT&T because T-Mobile doesn't give enough coverage for where I work. Just because you don't know what the meaning of Multitasking and you believe everything you are fed doesn't make you an expert. I have a triple Major in computing, and IF you want I will show you the degrees and you can personally call them to verify that I do have the majors. Google, and wikipedia doesn't make you an expert.
Message 56 of 195
Master

Doppler808 wrote:
Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. I am not upset. It's purely simple. IF you are not happy move on and stop crying about it. If it was too big of a deal. If you don't like the services, or the prices go elsewhere.

Can we please leave comments like these out of this thread?  There was already a warning posted by a moderator about this, and I do NOT want this thread getting closed due to the guidelines not being followed........ Thank you for your consideration.   Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 195
Master

Re: AT&T sues Verizon Wireless over 3G ads:

clowry wrote:
you know something that never ceases to amaze me is the amount of people on here that seem to root for the demise of at&t.  i myself am a customer nor for nearly 10 years and outside of my experience with the failed quickfire project, have had nothing bad to complain about with at&t.  I have ventured out and peeked at what t-mo and verizon had to offer both plan-wise and phone-wise and have been disappointed on both fronts.  the phone lineups for the other companies just do not seem to add up to at&t in my estimation.  i was with sprint before at&t and let me tell you if you gripe about the customer service here then just thank your lucky stars that you are not with sprint.  that was some of the worst experiences in service i have ever had the displeasure to experience, even paid ETF to escape it and then came to at&t

I can relate to your experience here, as I paid an ETF to Verizon, to end my contract them, due to their spotty coverage, in places where their map shows as having  "3G service", I might add!!!

Message 58 of 195
Professor

Irish Rose wrote:

Doppler808 wrote:
Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. I am not upset. It's purely simple. IF you are not happy move on and stop crying about it. If it was too big of a deal. If you don't like the services, or the prices go elsewhere.

Can we please leave comments like these out of this thread?  There was already a warning posted by a moderator about this, and I do NOT want this thread getting closed due to the guidelines not being followed........ Thank you for your consideration.   Smiley Happy

Sorry I am just tired of this guy taking "pot shots" at me. He'll go to various different other places and takes one and hopes I don't run into it.
Message 59 of 195
Master

Doppler808 wrote:
Sorry I am just tired of this guy taking "pot shots" at me.

I think Glomag addressed this issue with his post above............  Now, back to the topic at hand, "AT&T sues Verizon Wireless over 3G ads".

Message Edited by Irish Rose on 11-05-2009 05:32:35 PM
Message 60 of 195
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support