AT&T store restocking fee for iPhone 4?

Tutor

AT&T store restocking fee for iPhone 4?

At the Apple press conference today, Jobs stated that there would be a "full refund" for any iPhone 4 returns. Does this apply to iPhones purchased at an AT&T corporate store? Or would the restocking fee still apply in that case?

Message 1 of 19 (3,516 Views)

Re: AT&T store restocking fee for iPhone 4?

[ Edited ]

from att we dont have any update about the restocking fee! we will need to wait

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 19 (3,501 Views)
Scholar

According to Apple i heard that AT&T is also waving there re stocking fee

Message 3 of 19 (3,410 Views)
Tutor

bigelarkin wrote:

That would be great if true. When you say 'according to Apple', are you referring to the press conference or something else?

Message 4 of 19 (3,371 Views)
Professor

I think at the press conference, Steve Jobs said something to the effect that he thought AT&T would waive the restock fee too, but he was not absolute. I would not take it as gospel unless AT&T themselves announces it officially.
Message 5 of 19 (3,279 Views)
Scholar

Postal76 wrote:

bigelarkin wrote:

That would be great if true. When you say 'according to Apple', are you referring to the press conference or something else?

So iI'm curious...you're actually going to return the phone?  if so why?  What problems have you had?

Message 6 of 19 (3,243 Views)
Contributor

I've already returned mine to the AT&T store. I've dropped more calls on my iPhone 4 than my 3GS. Calls from my house where I've never dropped calls in the pas and I was getting almost 2 or 3 dropped calls per day (and I had the Apple Bumper on the phone). Since switching back to my 3GS I now have not dropped a call. Go figure.
Message 7 of 19 (3,217 Views)
Scholar

RussN wrote:
I've already returned mine to the AT&T store. I've dropped more calls on my iPhone 4 than my 3GS. Calls from my house where I've never dropped calls in the pas and I was getting almost 2 or 3 dropped calls per day (and I had the Apple Bumper on the phone). Since switching back to my 3GS I now have not dropped a call. Go figure.

Yeah this will be my first iPhone so I have nothing to compare it to but we'll see what happens.  Its good to know I have 30 days to return no questions asked.

Message 8 of 19 (3,208 Views)
Teacher

I already took mine back and the store manager refused to waive the restocking fee at first. It was a very painful experience to convince them to waive the fee. 

Message 9 of 19 (3,194 Views)
Scholar

They're not gonna waive the restocking fee. BBY isn't going to either. Only Apple will. I will never buy premium smartphones from AT&T ever if I can help it.

Message 10 of 19 (3,149 Views)
Scholar

Someone should write a letter to Steve Jobs about it. Maybe they can get att to change thier mind about it so they'll waive the restocking fee.

Message 11 of 19 (2,340 Views)
Guru

Was charged a restock fee too. I didn't argue to much...was just glad to be rid of the phone. I came close, a few times, to chunking it out the door. Stupid proximity sensor!
Message 12 of 19 (2,305 Views)
Tutor

Last week,  I was told. by a store employee, that since I bought the phone through Premier I would need to send the phone back to AT&T.  I called customer service today and they told me that I should be able to return to a store and that they are now waiving the restock fee on Iphones.   I guess we will see. 

Message 13 of 19 (2,233 Views)
Scholar

I just called an At&T store and she said you can exchange/not return an iphone to an Apple store even if you got it from an at&t store. And I know apple doesn't charge restoking fees.

Message 14 of 19 (2,198 Views)
Tutor

I just found out that AT&T is indeed waiving the restocking fee for the iPhone 4 at corporate stores. However, the store employee that handed my exchange wasn't aware of this until he was processing the return, so it seems like this fact hasn't been communicated to employees yet.

Message 15 of 19 (2,110 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.