AT&T rolling back upgrade eligibility in anticipation for new iPhone?

Professor

Re: AT&T rolling back upgrade eligibility in anticipation for new iPhone?

jimok82 wrote:

"However, if it is a family plan, the main line will have an earlier upgrade date as it pays a larger portion of the bill each month."

Yet another things that makes no sense, honestly. 

What makes the main line so....main? They are all identical...the money should theoretically be split evenly..

This would apply to family plans because the plan is shared and possibly some features, if chosen. Splitting the billing would be a billing fiasco due to the variance of lines and features and the amounts of time a lines could be on a plan. I wouldn't want it. I have the 1400 family plan with four additional lines on it, family messaging, and data on the main line. This puts my main line over the $100 threshold, allowing for the 12 month upgrade. If they where to split the cost of the plan and messaging between the lines, that would drop my main line below the threshold without lifting the others above it, then no lines would be eligible for the 12 month upgrade. The only way to get the 12 month upgrade on all lines would be to spend $100 on each line. Personally, I would rather spend just $9.99 for the additional lines and wait for the upgrade.

Message 46 of 50 (958 Views)
Guru

Honey, I'm baaack... D: 

jimok82 wrote:

You are almost correct, but not entirely. I pay 250$ a month...which is, if you look at it, an iphone a month....Others pay 80-90 and get the upgrade date.

And others pay $500+ each month and get the same elegibility dates and you don't see them complaining. 

THAT is what is bothering me. If what you are saying were fully true then I should also have gotten the new upgrade date. 

Regardless, I don't want to act like a little kid right now so I will stop talking about it...but it is still odd that this is happening. Perhaps you are right that it is a glitch. 

In regards to what you are saying about the ability to say what you want when you are off the clock...again you are partially correct. In fact, this is the part that angers me the most. You are not looking at this professionally. If you are in an ATT uniform, for example, in a bar then everything is fine. If, however, you are in an ATT uniform in an ATT store, then you are still required to represent the company. You may tell a customer that you are not on the clock and will call someone else over, but you have to treat the customer with the same respect as when you are on the clock correct? This forum is an ATT company forum, therefore you, as an employee, need to either act as professional as you would when you are on the clock, or should remove the signature telling people you are an employee. 

Well, excuuuse us for not agreeing with you in everything you say. Of course we are professional, we do our work as it should be done, we also help customers here that have questions about their service. Just because we have that signature doesn't mean we have to talk the same as we do at work. Being or not an AT&T employee doesn't mean we have to change the way we post here.

I am not talking about you personally, but this is a matter of principle. I have seen employees in uniform, and off the clock, get fired for not helping a customer because when you are an employee of a company and you in that company's place of business...no customer is required to know whether or not you are off the clock..and there is no such thing as "I am an ATT employee in an ATT forum but what I say does not matter because I am just a normal user." You are not a normal user, you are a normal user that just so happens to be paid by ATT and trained by ATT, so you should at least pretend to respect the customers.

So, using your logic, if a friend works at McDonalds and we go there in his free day, do I have to ask him to treat me as a customer just because he works there, even if it's his free day?

Again...not a personal attack..just a matter of principle.

In regards to laughing it off...I am the customer care manager of a 20M dollar dedicated server company so I completely understand you and I tell you that I would fire any of my people on the spot if they ever wrote something like what was written in this forum earlier. 

lol, Internet Serious Business.

You know, there's no reason to keep discussing with you, as I see you don't want to understand. Just stick with your upgrade date, if you want to cancel just because you don't get what you want, do it. I still believe that you're going through all this rant just because you won't be able to get the shiny, fancy and new iPhone at it's release date.

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe, just maybe, AT&T will let iPhone 3GS users upgrade early with the full discount price. But today, it's only a rumor.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 47 of 50 (958 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Virtual wrote:
Honey, I'm baaack... D: 

jimok82 wrote:

You are almost correct, but not entirely. I pay 250$ a month...which is, if you look at it, an iphone a month....Others pay 80-90 and get the upgrade date.

And others pay $500+ each month and get the same elegibility dates and you don't see them complaining. 

This is why I am complaining for them. 

THAT is what is bothering me. If what you are saying were fully true then I should also have gotten the new upgrade date. 

Regardless, I don't want to act like a little kid right now so I will stop talking about it...but it is still odd that this is happening. Perhaps you are right that it is a glitch. 

In regards to what you are saying about the ability to say what you want when you are off the clock...again you are partially correct. In fact, this is the part that angers me the most. You are not looking at this professionally. If you are in an ATT uniform, for example, in a bar then everything is fine. If, however, you are in an ATT uniform in an ATT store, then you are still required to represent the company. You may tell a customer that you are not on the clock and will call someone else over, but you have to treat the customer with the same respect as when you are on the clock correct? This forum is an ATT company forum, therefore you, as an employee, need to either act as professional as you would when you are on the clock, or should remove the signature telling people you are an employee. 

Well, excuuuse us for not agreeing with you in everything you say. Of course we are professional, we do our work as it should be done, we also help customers here that have questions about their service. Just because we have that signature doesn't mean we have to talk the same as we do at work. Being or not an AT&T employee doesn't mean we have to change the way we post here.

Your comments are nowhere near professional. The ATT managers I spoke with agree with me. Thats why your posts are being edited. 

I am not talking about you personally, but this is a matter of principle. I have seen employees in uniform, and off the clock, get fired for not helping a customer because when you are an employee of a company and you in that company's place of business...no customer is required to know whether or not you are off the clock..and there is no such thing as "I am an ATT employee in an ATT forum but what I say does not matter because I am just a normal user." You are not a normal user, you are a normal user that just so happens to be paid by ATT and trained by ATT, so you should at least pretend to respect the customers.

So, using your logic, if a friend works at McDonalds and we go there in his free day, do I have to ask him to treat me as a customer just because he works there, even if it's his free day?

You have friends that work at McDonalds? How do they put up with the condescending attitude of yours? Smiley Happy

Seriously...if your friend goes to McDonalds and walks in wearing a McDonalds uniform and nametag (the equivalent of your signature) then someone will definitely ask him to start making some burgers, I guarantee it.

Again...not a personal attack..just a matter of principle.

In regards to laughing it off...I am the customer care manager of a 20M dollar dedicated server company so I completely understand you and I tell you that I would fire any of my people on the spot if they ever wrote something like what was written in this forum earlier. 

lol, Internet Serious Business.

Big enough, and our standards are clearly higher because none of my people would dare show your attitude. 

You know, there's no reason to keep discussing with you, as I see you don't want to understand. Just stick with your upgrade date, if you want to cancel just because you don't get what you want, do it. I still believe that you're going through all this rant just because you won't be able to get the shiny, fancy and new iPhone at it's release date.

Everything is about principle...I actually like ATT (as a network). Several points to add here

1. People can get the phone whenever they want...$200 spent on junk is $200 spent on junk..whether its a phone or pizza

2. People can use the iPhone on whatever network they want

3. People can cancel whenever they want for whatever they want

4. My upgrade date magically changed last night around the same time I got a courtesy credit, and your initial post got edited..actually you are the reason for all of it...pretty cool huh...you actually helped me Smiley Happy

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe, just maybe, AT&T will let iPhone 3GS users upgrade early with the full discount price. But today, it's only a rumor.

Message 48 of 50 (936 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

I am going to ask that a moderator step in and either close this thread, as it hasn't been proven factual one way or the other, or at least put a stop to  the back and forth arguing that is taking place here, as it has made this thread totally imposable to follow anymore...  Smiley Sad

Message 49 of 50 (923 Views)
Former Moderator

Thank you all for your participation; this topic has been thoroughly discussed and has gone off topic. This thread will now be closed. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 50 of 50 (913 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.