Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Reply
Posted Nov 8, 2010
10:30:33 AM
View profile
AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

I've had the MediaMax 200 ($19.99) plan on my Palm Centro for almost 3 years, and have been a customer for DECADES. I recently upgraded to a Captivate and was told I could keep that plan.

Until today!!

Now AT&T switches my plan to 2Gig data ($25) and Text ($5) with no prior notification and after talking to a CS rep and his supervisor, they refuse to do anything. 

And here is their fabricated excuse...

For 3 years the AT&T system didn't realize my Centro was a smart phone and shouldn't have been eligible for the MediaMax plan.

But now that I have the Captivate (for 3 mothns with no problem mind you) it now recognizes it as a smart phone and switch my plan.

All I can say is BS!

It switched it because my previous plan was unlimited and cheaper and they want to treat customers like dirt.

 

I am posting this complaint anywhere and everywhere I can.

I've had the MediaMax 200 ($19.99) plan on my Palm Centro for almost 3 years, and have been a customer for DECADES. I recently upgraded to a Captivate and was told I could keep that plan.

Until today!!

Now AT&T switches my plan to 2Gig data ($25) and Text ($5) with no prior notification and after talking to a CS rep and his supervisor, they refuse to do anything. 

And here is their fabricated excuse...

For 3 years the AT&T system didn't realize my Centro was a smart phone and shouldn't have been eligible for the MediaMax plan.

But now that I have the Captivate (for 3 mothns with no problem mind you) it now recognizes it as a smart phone and switch my plan.

All I can say is BS!

It switched it because my previous plan was unlimited and cheaper and they want to treat customers like dirt.

 

I am posting this complaint anywhere and everywhere I can.

AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

546 views
42 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Reply
View all replies
(42)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2010 1:05:28 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Edited by chewbaca1111 on Nov 11, 2010 at 1:11:57 PM

I fear that att is using a bait and switch tactic to earn more money at customer’s expense. I last upgraded my phone to a smart phone in early 2007. By mistake I was given the wrong plan (media max 200). This unlimited plan worked for the phone. The att store employee's manager realized the mistake and told me it was their bad and that it would not affect my plan nor would they remove it. In fact it was locked to my account so that att auditors would not be able to remove the plan.

 

Nearly 3 years later I returned to the same att store after finding that I would not have to change plans/rates if I chose to upgrade. I found this information from att phone reps, the website and att store employees. With this thought in mind the "system" would not allow the media max 200 to be placed on a new smart phone. So the att employee and I looked in to the matter discern the conflicting information. The phone rep (David) who was on the phone with the store employee said he could fix the issue and we would be able to keep the media max 200 plan. Retaining this plan was the critical condition that I accepted, and justified an upgrade. And then he said that he made the change to the account.

 

It turned out that he removed the media max 200 plan from my account (without my authority or confirmation) and added the $30 unlimited plan. After realizing the mistake I stated that I wanted to cease the upgrade and keep the plan and equipment as is. He tersely said that there was no way to change the plan back to the way it was (the code for the plan was no longer available). I asked what he could do and he said he would have to submit a report and the claim would be pending. I confirmed that the report would acknowledge that a mistake was made and that it should be rectified and my account/plan be returned to the device. He then irritably refused to acknowledge that a mistake was made and refused to report the matter as such. I then asked to speak to his supervisor, who approved the matter, and she, Missy, heatedly took David's side and refused to acknowledge the mistake as well. I then asked to speak to her supervisor. After being put on hold the next person (Omar) took her side and stated that she had explained that I requested the $30 plan along with the upgrade. So it appears that she lied to Omar! I then became angry (but kept my cool) at the thought that someone lied about my request. It seems that David and Missy are covering their mistake and, by lying about the issue, placed the blame at my feet. Omar believing them, did nothing and said that the plan would not revert. I then asked to speak to his supervisor and I was told that the supervisor was in a meeting and would call me and/or the store rep back later in the day as soon as they were out of their meeting. This was 24 hours ago and still no word. I then asked Omar if he was Missy's supervisor and he said no. NO!? Talk about insult to injury.

 

I was floored and ended the call. The senior store rep and manager both witnessed the whole ordeal and they have been advocating for me. I have the phone reps names and ID numbers and the issue is documented. So tell me does this seem just? Att policy states that I am supposed to authorize and confirm and changes to my account. Neither happened. Some of you are att employees. Who can I go to? Where can I complain? How can att make it right? It was advised that I contact the att HQ and the FCC. Is this necessary?

 

($30/mo + $5/mo for texting) - (media max is $20 and includes texting) = (a difference of $15/mo)

I fear that att is using a bait and switch tactic to earn more money at customer’s expense. I last upgraded my phone to a smart phone in early 2007. By mistake I was given the wrong plan (media max 200). This unlimited plan worked for the phone. The att store employee's manager realized the mistake and told me it was their bad and that it would not affect my plan nor would they remove it. In fact it was locked to my account so that att auditors would not be able to remove the plan.

 

Nearly 3 years later I returned to the same att store after finding that I would not have to change plans/rates if I chose to upgrade. I found this information from att phone reps, the website and att store employees. With this thought in mind the "system" would not allow the media max 200 to be placed on a new smart phone. So the att employee and I looked in to the matter discern the conflicting information. The phone rep (David) who was on the phone with the store employee said he could fix the issue and we would be able to keep the media max 200 plan. Retaining this plan was the critical condition that I accepted, and justified an upgrade. And then he said that he made the change to the account.

 

It turned out that he removed the media max 200 plan from my account (without my authority or confirmation) and added the $30 unlimited plan. After realizing the mistake I stated that I wanted to cease the upgrade and keep the plan and equipment as is. He tersely said that there was no way to change the plan back to the way it was (the code for the plan was no longer available). I asked what he could do and he said he would have to submit a report and the claim would be pending. I confirmed that the report would acknowledge that a mistake was made and that it should be rectified and my account/plan be returned to the device. He then irritably refused to acknowledge that a mistake was made and refused to report the matter as such. I then asked to speak to his supervisor, who approved the matter, and she, Missy, heatedly took David's side and refused to acknowledge the mistake as well. I then asked to speak to her supervisor. After being put on hold the next person (Omar) took her side and stated that she had explained that I requested the $30 plan along with the upgrade. So it appears that she lied to Omar! I then became angry (but kept my cool) at the thought that someone lied about my request. It seems that David and Missy are covering their mistake and, by lying about the issue, placed the blame at my feet. Omar believing them, did nothing and said that the plan would not revert. I then asked to speak to his supervisor and I was told that the supervisor was in a meeting and would call me and/or the store rep back later in the day as soon as they were out of their meeting. This was 24 hours ago and still no word. I then asked Omar if he was Missy's supervisor and he said no. NO!? Talk about insult to injury.

 

I was floored and ended the call. The senior store rep and manager both witnessed the whole ordeal and they have been advocating for me. I have the phone reps names and ID numbers and the issue is documented. So tell me does this seem just? Att policy states that I am supposed to authorize and confirm and changes to my account. Neither happened. Some of you are att employees. Who can I go to? Where can I complain? How can att make it right? It was advised that I contact the att HQ and the FCC. Is this necessary?

 

($30/mo + $5/mo for texting) - (media max is $20 and includes texting) = (a difference of $15/mo)

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

[ Edited ]
31 of 43 (321 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2010 7:26:52 PM
0
(0)
Master
Edited by BrianfromNO on Nov 11, 2010 at 7:27:34 PM

Seriously, it doesn't matter.  AT&T's systems previously didn't have the safeguards in place to prevent employees, either through an honest mistake or fraudulently, from placing the wrong data plan on a device.  Now they do.  You've been caught in their dragnet.  Life is tough, and I doubt that this violates the CTIA Code.  Even if it's fuzzy, I'm not sure if the CTIA Code has any "teeth" for its enforcement.

 

 


chewbaca1111 wrote:

I understand company policy yet. The plan was added to a smart phone by an att employee, truly. So it was authorized. I didn't get away with anything. The error was on att not me. So why should I pay more for the same plan or for an error that att made? The plan I had on original equipment should not change without my authorization. this violates the CTIA code.

 


 

Seriously, it doesn't matter.  AT&T's systems previously didn't have the safeguards in place to prevent employees, either through an honest mistake or fraudulently, from placing the wrong data plan on a device.  Now they do.  You've been caught in their dragnet.  Life is tough, and I doubt that this violates the CTIA Code.  Even if it's fuzzy, I'm not sure if the CTIA Code has any "teeth" for its enforcement.

 

 


chewbaca1111 wrote:

I understand company policy yet. The plan was added to a smart phone by an att employee, truly. So it was authorized. I didn't get away with anything. The error was on att not me. So why should I pay more for the same plan or for an error that att made? The plan I had on original equipment should not change without my authorization. this violates the CTIA code.

 


 

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

[ Edited ]
32 of 43 (280 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2010 7:29:54 PM
0
(0)
Master

You've effectively been "cheating" AT&T for 3 years.  You got away with it for that long.  AT&T no longer has to honor that mistake, and there's nothing any store employee or manager can do to "lock" that rate in place so an AT&T "auditor" can't change it.  You've been caught, and your "punishment" is that you can no longer use the WRONG plan on your phone.

You've effectively been "cheating" AT&T for 3 years.  You got away with it for that long.  AT&T no longer has to honor that mistake, and there's nothing any store employee or manager can do to "lock" that rate in place so an AT&T "auditor" can't change it.  You've been caught, and your "punishment" is that you can no longer use the WRONG plan on your phone.

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

33 of 43 (279 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2010 9:27:38 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Edited by chewbaca1111 on Nov 11, 2010 at 9:33:00 PM

I'm not sure of your credentials. And I resent the implication of cheating. This is a public forum and it can be interpreted as slander. But be aware I have reviewed the matter with att HQ and a resolution specialists. First it is true, the att ppl were incorrect allowing my phone to have the mismatched data plan. However, this is an error committed by an att employee. So effectively att cheated themselves not me. Second, after checking with HQ and the resolution specialists both confirmed that not only did the action taken by David et al violate the CTIA. It also violates att policy and FCC regulation. Basically a company (rep) cannot change a plan without customer authorization and confirmation. So att can change my plan but first i have to approve the change and be offerd an option to opt out, or quit att. In fact the ppl in question are att contractors and are subject to disciplinary action. So if your an att contractor or employee be aware to check yourself before you wreck yourself. The FCC has teeth... Big sharp ones...

I'm not sure of your credentials. And I resent the implication of cheating. This is a public forum and it can be interpreted as slander. But be aware I have reviewed the matter with att HQ and a resolution specialists. First it is true, the att ppl were incorrect allowing my phone to have the mismatched data plan. However, this is an error committed by an att employee. So effectively att cheated themselves not me. Second, after checking with HQ and the resolution specialists both confirmed that not only did the action taken by David et al violate the CTIA. It also violates att policy and FCC regulation. Basically a company (rep) cannot change a plan without customer authorization and confirmation. So att can change my plan but first i have to approve the change and be offerd an option to opt out, or quit att. In fact the ppl in question are att contractors and are subject to disciplinary action. So if your an att contractor or employee be aware to check yourself before you wreck yourself. The FCC has teeth... Big sharp ones...

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

[ Edited ]
34 of 43 (270 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 3:47:53 AM
0
(0)
Expert

chewbaca1111 wrote:

I'm not sure of your credentials. And I resent the implication of cheating. This is a public forum and it can be interpreted as slander. But be aware I have reviewed the matter with att HQ and a resolution specialists. First it is true, the att ppl were incorrect allowing my phone to have the mismatched data plan. However, this is an error committed by an att employee. So effectively att cheated themselves not me. Second, after checking with HQ and the resolution specialists both confirmed that not only did the action taken by David et al violate the CTIA. It also violates att policy and FCC regulation. Basically a company (rep) cannot change a plan without customer authorization and confirmation. So att can change my plan but first i have to approve the change and be offerd an option to opt out, or quit att. In fact the ppl in question are att contractors and are subject to disciplinary action. So if your an att contractor or employee be aware to check yourself before you wreck yourself. The FCC has teeth... Big sharp ones...


Basicly they have the right to correct a mistake, this is true for any business. Add to the simple fact if you upgrade your phone you are entering into a new agreement with the company, they have tie right to correct issues at that point also.

 

Good luck in your endevors, have a feeling no matter what you are going to lose this arguement. Curious how can you claim slander when you are not posting under your real name, I doubt that chewbaca1111 is the name on your birth certificate, so there is no public viewable link to your legal identity to claim slander with


chewbaca1111 wrote:

I'm not sure of your credentials. And I resent the implication of cheating. This is a public forum and it can be interpreted as slander. But be aware I have reviewed the matter with att HQ and a resolution specialists. First it is true, the att ppl were incorrect allowing my phone to have the mismatched data plan. However, this is an error committed by an att employee. So effectively att cheated themselves not me. Second, after checking with HQ and the resolution specialists both confirmed that not only did the action taken by David et al violate the CTIA. It also violates att policy and FCC regulation. Basically a company (rep) cannot change a plan without customer authorization and confirmation. So att can change my plan but first i have to approve the change and be offerd an option to opt out, or quit att. In fact the ppl in question are att contractors and are subject to disciplinary action. So if your an att contractor or employee be aware to check yourself before you wreck yourself. The FCC has teeth... Big sharp ones...


Basicly they have the right to correct a mistake, this is true for any business. Add to the simple fact if you upgrade your phone you are entering into a new agreement with the company, they have tie right to correct issues at that point also.

 

Good luck in your endevors, have a feeling no matter what you are going to lose this arguement. Curious how can you claim slander when you are not posting under your real name, I doubt that chewbaca1111 is the name on your birth certificate, so there is no public viewable link to your legal identity to claim slander with

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

35 of 43 (252 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 5:21:30 AM
0
(0)
Master
Edited by BrianfromNO on Nov 12, 2010 at 5:22:37 AM

Dude, you are being told what you want to hear, probably because they are tired of arguing with you.  As wingrider01 stated, AT&T has the right to correct your plan.  Period.  End of story.  There's no magic "anti-audit" bullet or spell that any rep or manager can place to prevent you from being moved to the correct plan.  That's it.  I'm predicting AT&T will say, "So sorry, but you can't go back to your old plan. KThxBai".

 

My credentials....I've been a customer of some variant of AT&T for over a decade.  Ran into the exact same problem as you several years ago, and my options were to leave what was then Cingular Wireless or suck it up because I now had the correct data feature on my device.  I do not now, nor have I ever, been an employee or contractor of any variant of what is now AT&T mobility.  And you do not scare me with your cutesy rhymes.

 

Let me make this as clear as I can - YOU ARE WRONG.  Technically, a data plan is a FEATURE, and not considered a material plan component.  The contract terms state that you must have a data plan appropriate to your device.  That is NOT NEW.  That has been a part of the Wireless Service Agreement and Plan Terms & Conditions for several years.  So it doesn't appear to violate Principle 3 of the CTIA.  AT&T does NOT have to confirm with you to correct an improper plan on your account, regardless of what you were told 3 years ago.

 

As stated, data plans are features.  So changing you to the right data plan wouldn't fall under Principle 7, providing customers the right to terminate service for changes to contract terms, either.  Besides that, you are out of contract.  You can walk away now.  Either way, I predict you won't get that $20 data plan back.

 

So there are my credentials.  Your argument has been thoroughly demolished.  You're welcome.

 

 


chewbaca1111 wrote:

I'm not sure of your credentials. And I resent the implication of cheating. This is a public forum and it can be interpreted as slander. But be aware I have reviewed the matter with att HQ and a resolution specialists. First it is true, the att ppl were incorrect allowing my phone to have the mismatched data plan. However, this is an error committed by an att employee. So effectively att cheated themselves not me. Second, after checking with HQ and the resolution specialists both confirmed that not only did the action taken by David et al violate the CTIA. It also violates att policy and FCC regulation. Basically a company (rep) cannot change a plan without customer authorization and confirmation. So att can change my plan but first i have to approve the change and be offerd an option to opt out, or quit att. In fact the ppl in question are att contractors and are subject to disciplinary action. So if your an att contractor or employee be aware to check yourself before you wreck yourself. The FCC has teeth... Big sharp ones...


 

Dude, you are being told what you want to hear, probably because they are tired of arguing with you.  As wingrider01 stated, AT&T has the right to correct your plan.  Period.  End of story.  There's no magic "anti-audit" bullet or spell that any rep or manager can place to prevent you from being moved to the correct plan.  That's it.  I'm predicting AT&T will say, "So sorry, but you can't go back to your old plan. KThxBai".

 

My credentials....I've been a customer of some variant of AT&T for over a decade.  Ran into the exact same problem as you several years ago, and my options were to leave what was then Cingular Wireless or suck it up because I now had the correct data feature on my device.  I do not now, nor have I ever, been an employee or contractor of any variant of what is now AT&T mobility.  And you do not scare me with your cutesy rhymes.

 

Let me make this as clear as I can - YOU ARE WRONG.  Technically, a data plan is a FEATURE, and not considered a material plan component.  The contract terms state that you must have a data plan appropriate to your device.  That is NOT NEW.  That has been a part of the Wireless Service Agreement and Plan Terms & Conditions for several years.  So it doesn't appear to violate Principle 3 of the CTIA.  AT&T does NOT have to confirm with you to correct an improper plan on your account, regardless of what you were told 3 years ago.

 

As stated, data plans are features.  So changing you to the right data plan wouldn't fall under Principle 7, providing customers the right to terminate service for changes to contract terms, either.  Besides that, you are out of contract.  You can walk away now.  Either way, I predict you won't get that $20 data plan back.

 

So there are my credentials.  Your argument has been thoroughly demolished.  You're welcome.

 

 


chewbaca1111 wrote:

I'm not sure of your credentials. And I resent the implication of cheating. This is a public forum and it can be interpreted as slander. But be aware I have reviewed the matter with att HQ and a resolution specialists. First it is true, the att ppl were incorrect allowing my phone to have the mismatched data plan. However, this is an error committed by an att employee. So effectively att cheated themselves not me. Second, after checking with HQ and the resolution specialists both confirmed that not only did the action taken by David et al violate the CTIA. It also violates att policy and FCC regulation. Basically a company (rep) cannot change a plan without customer authorization and confirmation. So att can change my plan but first i have to approve the change and be offerd an option to opt out, or quit att. In fact the ppl in question are att contractors and are subject to disciplinary action. So if your an att contractor or employee be aware to check yourself before you wreck yourself. The FCC has teeth... Big sharp ones...


 

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

[ Edited ]
36 of 43 (247 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 8:00:50 AM
0
(0)
Professor
Edited by UNSC_REACH on Nov 12, 2010 at 8:04:53 AM

chewbaca1111 wrote:

I'm not sure of your credentials. And I resent the implication of cheating. This is a public forum and it can be interpreted as slander. But be aware I have reviewed the matter with att HQ and a resolution specialists. First it is true, the att ppl were incorrect allowing my phone to have the mismatched data plan. However, this is an error committed by an att employee. So effectively att cheated themselves not me. Second, after checking with HQ and the resolution specialists both confirmed that not only did the action taken by David et al violate the CTIA. It also violates att policy and FCC regulation. Basically a company (rep) cannot change a plan without customer authorization and confirmation. So att can change my plan but first i have to approve the change and be offerd an option to opt out, or quit att. In fact the ppl in question are att contractors and are subject to disciplinary action. So if your an att contractor or employee be aware to check yourself before you wreck yourself. The FCC has teeth... Big sharp ones...


Seriously dude, slander?

 

Listen up, when ATT changes the plan I guarantee you they will not be calling you up and asking you. They'll send you a SMS saying they put it on your account. You've already given the permission, because you continue to use the service after they changed the policy. You were notified on Page 1 of your August - September 2009 bill.

 

No violations.

 

Also, Brian, great points - Kudos


chewbaca1111 wrote:

I'm not sure of your credentials. And I resent the implication of cheating. This is a public forum and it can be interpreted as slander. But be aware I have reviewed the matter with att HQ and a resolution specialists. First it is true, the att ppl were incorrect allowing my phone to have the mismatched data plan. However, this is an error committed by an att employee. So effectively att cheated themselves not me. Second, after checking with HQ and the resolution specialists both confirmed that not only did the action taken by David et al violate the CTIA. It also violates att policy and FCC regulation. Basically a company (rep) cannot change a plan without customer authorization and confirmation. So att can change my plan but first i have to approve the change and be offerd an option to opt out, or quit att. In fact the ppl in question are att contractors and are subject to disciplinary action. So if your an att contractor or employee be aware to check yourself before you wreck yourself. The FCC has teeth... Big sharp ones...


Seriously dude, slander?

 

Listen up, when ATT changes the plan I guarantee you they will not be calling you up and asking you. They'll send you a SMS saying they put it on your account. You've already given the permission, because you continue to use the service after they changed the policy. You were notified on Page 1 of your August - September 2009 bill.

 

No violations.

 

Also, Brian, great points - Kudos

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

[ Edited ]
37 of 43 (240 Views)
Highlighted
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 2:58:24 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Edited by chewbaca1111 on Nov 12, 2010 at 5:19:23 PM

OK so as I understand it this forum is intended to be a helpful tool for dealing with att and their services. {Please keep it courteous and relevant} It is a simple matter: I found a problem with att. I brought it to their attention. Att agreed that it is a policy and regulatory problem.  The terms of my original contract apply even though it has since expired. The contracted reps were in violation for removing the plan without my consent. Sorry to bust your bubble Whiz but att confirmed that the att statement that you love to quote does not apply in my situation. {Please keep it courteous} Att is now resolving the issue. I'll let you know how it turns out.

 

PS - It is slander, and it is [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].. My user name is attached to an account. I used my real name to open the account. So there is record of this exchange and who said what. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

OK so as I understand it this forum is intended to be a helpful tool for dealing with att and their services. {Please keep it courteous and relevant} It is a simple matter: I found a problem with att. I brought it to their attention. Att agreed that it is a policy and regulatory problem.  The terms of my original contract apply even though it has since expired. The contracted reps were in violation for removing the plan without my consent. Sorry to bust your bubble Whiz but att confirmed that the att statement that you love to quote does not apply in my situation. {Please keep it courteous} Att is now resolving the issue. I'll let you know how it turns out.

 

PS - It is slander, and it is [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].. My user name is attached to an account. I used my real name to open the account. So there is record of this exchange and who said what. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

[ Edited ]
38 of 43 (213 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 4:07:25 PM
0
(0)
Professor
Edited by UNSC_REACH on Nov 12, 2010 at 5:20:42 PM

It is not slander. Take a look at the site's terms and conditions:

 


14. ACCEPTABLE USE

You agree to use our Site and the Content (whether provided by us or others), as well as any Software provided in connection with the Site, in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, you will not take any of the following actions with respect to our Site, related Software, or Content, nor will you use our Site or related Software to upload, post, email, distribute, transmit, link, solicit or otherwise make available any Content or use our Site in any manner that:

  1. is unlawful, harmful to minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, hateful or abusive;

That is number one. So, if our posts were slander - mods would have removed it.

 

I have a right to my own opinion, as do you have a right to your own. ATT caved to your demands, and gave you what you wanted. But I will say this: if it was my wireless company, I wouldn't give you anything.

 

The fact of the matter is you put your story out there for the internet to read, and I posted my opinion. I am not ATT customer service, I am a individual with a opinion. My right to that opinion is protected by the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution. Therefore, my opinion is legal and I can write it on this website as long as it meets ATTs terms of use for their website.

 

 

QED

It is not slander. Take a look at the site's terms and conditions:

 


14. ACCEPTABLE USE

You agree to use our Site and the Content (whether provided by us or others), as well as any Software provided in connection with the Site, in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, you will not take any of the following actions with respect to our Site, related Software, or Content, nor will you use our Site or related Software to upload, post, email, distribute, transmit, link, solicit or otherwise make available any Content or use our Site in any manner that:

  1. is unlawful, harmful to minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, hateful or abusive;

That is number one. So, if our posts were slander - mods would have removed it.

 

I have a right to my own opinion, as do you have a right to your own. ATT caved to your demands, and gave you what you wanted. But I will say this: if it was my wireless company, I wouldn't give you anything.

 

The fact of the matter is you put your story out there for the internet to read, and I posted my opinion. I am not ATT customer service, I am a individual with a opinion. My right to that opinion is protected by the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution. Therefore, my opinion is legal and I can write it on this website as long as it meets ATTs terms of use for their website.

 

 

QED

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

[ Edited ]
39 of 43 (199 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 4:07:51 PM
0
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Nov 12, 2010 at 5:20:10 PM

chewbaca1111 wrote:

OK so as I understand it this forum is intended to be a helpful tool for dealing with att and their services. {Please keep it courteous and relevant} It is a simple matter: I found a problem with att. I brought it to their attention. Att agreed that it is a policy and regulatory problem.  The terms of my original contract apply even though it has since expired. The contracted reps were in violation for removing the plan without my consent. Sorry to bust your bubble Whiz but att confirmed that the att statement that you love to quote does not apply in my situation. {Please keep it courteous} Att is now resolving the issue. I'll let you know how it turns out.

 

PS - It is slander, and it is [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].. My user name is attached to an account. I used my real name to open the account. So there is record of this exchange and who said what. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]



 

As far as helping you - this forum is NOT intended to be a helpful tool for dealing with ATT and their services, ATT has no official presence on these forums except for moderation. If you take a moment to see that all ATT employees have a disaclaimer attached to their post that it is their opinion and does not relfect anything to ATT. To be perfeclty clear there is absolutely NO official help from ATT on this forum, it is peer to peer alone.

 

People have argued the exact point prior, none of them have kept their old unlimited plan if it was not a smartphone plan. You agreed to a new set of terms when you upgraded your phone, the new terms are now in affect.

 

 


chewbaca1111 wrote:

OK so as I understand it this forum is intended to be a helpful tool for dealing with att and their services. {Please keep it courteous and relevant} It is a simple matter: I found a problem with att. I brought it to their attention. Att agreed that it is a policy and regulatory problem.  The terms of my original contract apply even though it has since expired. The contracted reps were in violation for removing the plan without my consent. Sorry to bust your bubble Whiz but att confirmed that the att statement that you love to quote does not apply in my situation. {Please keep it courteous} Att is now resolving the issue. I'll let you know how it turns out.

 

PS - It is slander, and it is [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].. My user name is attached to an account. I used my real name to open the account. So there is record of this exchange and who said what. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]



 

As far as helping you - this forum is NOT intended to be a helpful tool for dealing with ATT and their services, ATT has no official presence on these forums except for moderation. If you take a moment to see that all ATT employees have a disaclaimer attached to their post that it is their opinion and does not relfect anything to ATT. To be perfeclty clear there is absolutely NO official help from ATT on this forum, it is peer to peer alone.

 

People have argued the exact point prior, none of them have kept their old unlimited plan if it was not a smartphone plan. You agreed to a new set of terms when you upgraded your phone, the new terms are now in affect.

 

 

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

[ Edited ]
40 of 43 (198 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 4:17:22 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Nov 12, 2010 at 5:21:13 PM

chewbaca1111 wrote:

OK so as I understand it this forum is intended to be a helpful tool for dealing with att and their services. {Please keep it courteous and relevant} It is a simple matter: I found a problem with att. I brought it to their attention. Att agreed that it is a policy and regulatory problem.  The terms of my original contract apply even though it has since expired. The contracted reps were in violation for removing the plan without my consent. Sorry to bust your bubble Whiz but att confirmed that the att statement that you love to quote does not apply in my situation. {Please keep it courteous} Att is now resolving the issue. I'll let you know how it turns out.

 

PS - It is slander, and it is [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].. My user name is attached to an account. I used my real name to open the account. So there is record of this exchange and who said what. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]



Neither BrianfromNO, UNSC_REACH, or wingrider01 are employed with AT&T. If they were, you would see their employee signature at the bottom of their post(s) reading, "I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's positions, strategies, or opinions".

 

Even if they were employees, it is still their free opinion, and they are likely to share it.

 

I know how you feel about this "jabbing" going on... I hate Forum "drama" especially when it is continuous.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy




chewbaca1111 wrote:

OK so as I understand it this forum is intended to be a helpful tool for dealing with att and their services. {Please keep it courteous and relevant} It is a simple matter: I found a problem with att. I brought it to their attention. Att agreed that it is a policy and regulatory problem.  The terms of my original contract apply even though it has since expired. The contracted reps were in violation for removing the plan without my consent. Sorry to bust your bubble Whiz but att confirmed that the att statement that you love to quote does not apply in my situation. {Please keep it courteous} Att is now resolving the issue. I'll let you know how it turns out.

 

PS - It is slander, and it is [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].. My user name is attached to an account. I used my real name to open the account. So there is record of this exchange and who said what. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]



Neither BrianfromNO, UNSC_REACH, or wingrider01 are employed with AT&T. If they were, you would see their employee signature at the bottom of their post(s) reading, "I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's positions, strategies, or opinions".

 

Even if they were employees, it is still their free opinion, and they are likely to share it.

 

I know how you feel about this "jabbing" going on... I hate Forum "drama" especially when it is continuous.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:



Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

[ Edited ]
41 of 43 (187 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 4:51:14 PM
0
(0)
Former Employee

This topic won't get anywhere. AT&T doesn't have to let anybody keep a plan that they got by anyone's mistake and that it not a right plan, they will fix the mistake, and there no one here who can help you get it back. This is how it ends.

This topic won't get anywhere. AT&T doesn't have to let anybody keep a plan that they got by anyone's mistake and that it not a right plan, they will fix the mistake, and there no one here who can help you get it back. This is how it ends.

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

42 of 43 (181 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 5:21:34 PM
0
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello everyone, let's remember to stay on topic and always keep it nice. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
posts
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello everyone, let's remember to stay on topic and always keep it nice. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
posts
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: AT&T putting the screws to loyal customers again

43 of 43 (171 Views)
Share this post
Share this post