AT&T, please allow for 3rd party apps on the Atrix.

Tutor

AT&T, please allow for 3rd party apps on the Atrix.

[ Edited ]

Kthxbai.

In all seriousness though, why is the Atrix the only one to not have an upgrade yet? Is there one coming soon? Please give us some information AT&T. There is no reason the Atrix should be left out in this regard.

If AT&T wishes to provide me with a credit for the free apps I'm missing out on from Amazon's app store, that'd be great too. That should cover my phone bill for the month (I kid, of course, but at the same time, I'm somewhat serious).

I'd root my phone, but it's a pain and I shouldn't have to do it. I can decide what is safe and what I want to do with my phone. At least give me the option. I called 611 and asked if rooting my phone would void the warranty, but the rep didn't know what rooting is. My last couple of calls to that number have been incredibly underwhelming.

But I digress...

Message 1 of 8 (1,310 Views)
Master

Re: AT&T, please allow for 3rd party apps on the Atrix.

devinup wrote:

Kthxbai.

In all seriousness though, why is the Atrix the only one to not have an upgrade yet? Is there one coming soon? Please give us some information AT&T. There is no reason the Atrix should be left out in this regard.

If AT&T wishes to provide me with a credit for the free apps I'm missing out on from Amazon's app store, that'd be great too. That should cover my phone bill for the month (I kid, of course, but at the same time, I'm somewhat serious).

I'd root my phone, but it's a pain and I shouldn't have to do it. I can decide what is safe and what I want to do with my phone. At least give me the option. I called 611 and asked if rooting my phone would void the warranty, but the rep didn't know what rooting is. My last couple of calls to that number have been incredibly underwhelming.

But I digress...

It was mentioned in this article that the sideloading for the Artix is coming in a furture maintenance release.

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-confirms-third-party-apps-coming-existing-phones

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8 (1,300 Views)
Employee
Employee

It's time for AT&T to demonstrate they care about their ATRIX 4G custmers.  Mr.  de la Vega of AT&T Wirelees ,  you need to push this change through Motorola.! 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8 (1,258 Views)
Mentor

Amen, we are getting the raw end of the deal there is no doubt about that.
Message 4 of 8 (1,255 Views)
Tutor

Why is everything about Atrix is "sometime in the future". Does neither ATT nor Motorola care about Atrix. Why does it always have to be the step-child treatment?
Message 5 of 8 (1,121 Views)
Master

Who knows the unknown sources might be corrected with the Gingerbread update. And there has been talk of it in the works and coming sometime.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8 (1,109 Views)
Scholar

Possibly late June or early July. BriefMobile has an Atrix running 2.3.3 with Unknown Sources checkbox enabled.

Message 7 of 8 (1,098 Views)
Tutor

Thee update is being pushed back and back.... It's already mid June and no word of it yet. I hope the deal between ATT and T-mo doesn't go so I can switch back to T-Mo after my 2 year of slavery is done.

Message 8 of 8 (890 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.