AT&T offers unlimited calling for iPhone users.

Guru

AT&T offers unlimited calling for iPhone users.

Message 1 of 20
ACE - Professor

Re: AT&T offers unlimited calling for iPhone users.

Sounds good. I wonder if the shared unlimited messaging plan is sufficent - it would be nice if it was, then I'd get this benefit.

Although honestly, with three lines on a 450 minute plan for 6 months, and I have over 3K in rollover minutes. So I already apparently have unlimited calling just with N&W + AT&T mobile to mobile free minutes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 20
Scholar

Re: AT&T offers unlimited calling for iPhone users.

jjforau wrote:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/02/09/att.echoes.sprint.with.unlimited.mobile.to.mobile/

As they say, the devils in the details.  Will this change require me to pay more?  I currently have the 750 family plan with unlimited texting.

Message 3 of 20
Master

Re: AT&T offers unlimited mobile to any mobile calling.

jjforau wrote:
AT&T offers unlimited mobile to any mobile calling.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/02/09/att.echoes.sprint.with.unlimited.mobile.to.mobile/

The title is misleading.  It's not unlimited calling (to anyone).  Only unlimited to other mobile phones.  Also I haven't seen anything showing that as only for iPhone users.

But all the details will be released tomorrow

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/anymobile.jsp

Message 4 of 20
Guru

Planet-Ed wrote:

jjforau wrote:
AT&T offers unlimited mobile to any mobile calling.

The title is misleading.  It's not unlimited calling (to anyone).  Only unlimited to other mobile phones.  Also I haven't seen anything showing that as only for iPhone users.

But all the details will be released tomorrow

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/anymobile.jsp

You beat me to it--the (original) thread title is (somewhat) misleading...although technically, AT&T does offer an unlimited calling plan, but that is not what the OP was referring to in his post.

Message 5 of 20
ACE - Professor

It's tomorrow now... still no new details Smiley Happy

Sounds like its something you have to sign up for, so I'm guessing the unlimited messaging for families isn't going to get the deal.

As I said, I'm barely using 10% of my minutes now, the rest roll over, which means I've got (for my use) unlimited minutes Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 20
Mentor

The feature gives you Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile phone in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging.

The feature can be added to currently offered $39.99 single line plans or above for 20.00. It is also available for $30.00 on current Family Talk plans 69.99 700 minutes or above.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 20
Scholar

Am I missing something because I don't see any Individual plans that are below $39.99?

Message 8 of 20
Professor

pocfan wrote:

The feature gives you Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile phone in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging.

The feature can be added to currently offered $39.99 single line plans or above for 20.00. It is also available for $30.00 on current Family Talk plans 69.99 700 minutes or above.

Since I have Family 700 but get a discount because of work, do I still qualify?  I cannot see it as an option on OLAM.

Message 9 of 20
Expert

victoria999 wrote:

pocfan wrote:

Since I have Family 700 but get a discount because of work, do I still qualify?  I cannot see it as an option on OLAM.

You may need to call in, have heard there are some startup issues on the new feature and it is not always showing up, although not sure with the discount if it will work, the FAQS state 69.99 or above, don;t recall seeing a plan name listed.

Message 10 of 20
ACE - Professor

pocfan wrote:

Yep... doesn't show up for the 550 minute family plan ($45? something like that) - odd though, because with the three data plans and the shared messaging, my total monthly bill is over $150. Guess I don't spend enough to qualify though Smiley Wink

Ah well, non-feature for me anyway.

Message 11 of 20
Scholar

I'm so confused by this...

We already have family unlimited texting but my admin says that I have to add family texting which I already have.

So do I need to remove unlimited family texting and then add unlimited family texting with unlimited mobile to mobile back in which is the same price as my old unlimited family texting.

Message 12 of 20
Scholar

I guess this explains it...

I threw caution to the wind and just added it and when I did I got this message.

I don't understand why we have to jump through hoops to get a free feature. 

Message 13 of 20
Professor

Yes, you have to remove one and add the other. They are coded different.

Message 14 of 20
Tutor

I'm right there with you. I have the 550 minute plan, 3 phones, unlimited texting, 2 iphone data plans. My bill is over 145 a month, yet I don't qualify for the unlimited mobile to mobile plan either. 

At&t You SUCK!

I will be considering a change when my contract is up.

Message 15 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support