Wireless Forums

AT&T offers unlimited calling for iPhone users.

19 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2011 12:07:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Sounds good. I wonder if the shared unlimited messaging plan is sufficent - it would be nice if it was, then I'd get this benefit.

Although honestly, with three lines on a 450 minute plan for 6 months, and I have over 3K in rollover minutes. So I already apparently have unlimited calling just with N&W + AT&T mobile to mobile free minutes.

Sounds good. I wonder if the shared unlimited messaging plan is sufficent - it would be nice if it was, then I'd get this benefit.

Although honestly, with three lines on a 450 minute plan for 6 months, and I have over 3K in rollover minutes. So I already apparently have unlimited calling just with N&W + AT&T mobile to mobile free minutes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T offers unlimited calling for iPhone users.

2 of 20 (5,348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2011 12:18:40 PM
(0)
Scholar

jjforau wrote:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/02/09/att.echoes.sprint.with.unlimited.mobile.to.mobile/

As they say, the devils in the details.  Will this change require me to pay more?  I currently have the 750 family plan with unlimited texting.

jjforau wrote:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/02/09/att.echoes.sprint.with.unlimited.mobile.to.mobile/

As they say, the devils in the details.  Will this change require me to pay more?  I currently have the 750 family plan with unlimited texting.

Re: AT&T offers unlimited calling for iPhone users.

3 of 20 (5,335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2011 5:49:32 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Planet-Ed on Feb 9, 2011 at 5:52:59 PM

jjforau wrote:
AT&T offers unlimited mobile to any mobile calling.

The title is misleading.  It's not unlimited calling (to anyone).  Only unlimited to other mobile phones.  Also I haven't seen anything showing that as only for iPhone users.

But all the details will be released tomorrow

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/anymobile.jsp

jjforau wrote:

The title is misleading.  It's not unlimited calling (to anyone).  Only unlimited to other mobile phones.  Also I haven't seen anything showing that as only for iPhone users.

Re: AT&T offers unlimited mobile to any mobile calling.

[ Edited ]
4 of 20 (5,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 8:04:47 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by tonester on Feb 10, 2011 at 8:07:53 AM

Planet-Ed wrote:

jjforau wrote:

You beat me to it--the (original) thread title is (somewhat) misleading...although technically, AT&T does offer an unlimited calling plan, but that is not what the OP was referring to in his post.

Planet-Ed wrote:

jjforau wrote:

You beat me to it--the (original) thread title is (somewhat) misleading...although technically, AT&T does offer an unlimited calling plan, but that is not what the OP was referring to in his post.

[ Edited ]
5 of 20 (5,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 9:32:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

It's tomorrow now... still no new details :smileyhappy:

Sounds like its something you have to sign up for, so I'm guessing the unlimited messaging for families isn't going to get the deal.

As I said, I'm barely using 10% of my minutes now, the rest roll over, which means I've got (for my use) unlimited minutes :smileyhappy:

It's tomorrow now... still no new details :smileyhappy:

Sounds like its something you have to sign up for, so I'm guessing the unlimited messaging for families isn't going to get the deal.

As I said, I'm barely using 10% of my minutes now, the rest roll over, which means I've got (for my use) unlimited minutes :smileyhappy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 20 (4,976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 10:12:19 AM
(0)
Mentor

The feature gives you Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile phone in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging.

The feature can be added to currently offered $39.99 single line plans or above for 20.00. It is also available for $30.00 on current Family Talk plans 69.99 700 minutes or above.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

The feature gives you Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile phone in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging.

The feature can be added to currently offered $39.99 single line plans or above for 20.00. It is also available for $30.00 on current Family Talk plans 69.99 700 minutes or above.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions

7 of 20 (4,948 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 11:36:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

Am I missing something because I don't see any Individual plans that are below $39.99?

Am I missing something because I don't see any Individual plans that are below $39.99?

8 of 20 (4,882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 8:37:21 PM
(0)
Professor

pocfan wrote:

Since I have Family 700 but get a discount because of work, do I still qualify?  I cannot see it as an option on OLAM.

pocfan wrote:

Since I have Family 700 but get a discount because of work, do I still qualify?  I cannot see it as an option on OLAM.

9 of 20 (4,627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 3:30:28 AM
(0)
Expert

victoria999 wrote:

pocfan wrote:

You may need to call in, have heard there are some startup issues on the new feature and it is not always showing up, although not sure with the discount if it will work, the FAQS state 69.99 or above, don;t recall seeing a plan name listed.

victoria999 wrote:

pocfan wrote:

You may need to call in, have heard there are some startup issues on the new feature and it is not always showing up, although not sure with the discount if it will work, the FAQS state 69.99 or above, don;t recall seeing a plan name listed.

10 of 20 (4,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 6:18:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by johninsj on Feb 11, 2011 at 6:20:06 AM

pocfan wrote:

Yep... doesn't show up for the 550 minute family plan ($45? something like that) - odd though, because with the three data plans and the shared messaging, my total monthly bill is over $150. Guess I don't spend enough to qualify though :smileywink:

Ah well, non-feature for me anyway.

pocfan wrote:

Yep... doesn't show up for the 550 minute family plan ($45? something like that) - odd though, because with the three data plans and the shared messaging, my total monthly bill is over $150. Guess I don't spend enough to qualify though :smileywink:

Ah well, non-feature for me anyway.

[ Edited ]
11 of 20 (2,768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 6:39:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

I'm so confused by this...

We already have family unlimited texting but my admin says that I have to add family texting which I already have.

So do I need to remove unlimited family texting and then add unlimited family texting with unlimited mobile to mobile back in which is the same price as my old unlimited family texting.

I'm so confused by this...

We already have family unlimited texting but my admin says that I have to add family texting which I already have.

So do I need to remove unlimited family texting and then add unlimited family texting with unlimited mobile to mobile back in which is the same price as my old unlimited family texting.

12 of 20 (2,762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 8:18:05 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by TerriZeee on Feb 11, 2011 at 8:19:27 AM

I guess this explains it...

I threw caution to the wind and just added it and when I did I got this message.

I don't understand why we have to jump through hoops to get a free feature. 

I guess this explains it...

I threw caution to the wind and just added it and when I did I got this message.

I don't understand why we have to jump through hoops to get a free feature. 

[ Edited ]
13 of 20 (2,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 8:38:22 AM
(0)
Professor

Yes, you have to remove one and add the other. They are coded different.

Yes, you have to remove one and add the other. They are coded different.

14 of 20 (2,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 9:22:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm right there with you. I have the 550 minute plan, 3 phones, unlimited texting, 2 iphone data plans. My bill is over 145 a month, yet I don't qualify for the unlimited mobile to mobile plan either. 

At&t You SUCK!

I will be considering a change when my contract is up.

I'm right there with you. I have the 550 minute plan, 3 phones, unlimited texting, 2 iphone data plans. My bill is over 145 a month, yet I don't qualify for the unlimited mobile to mobile plan either. 

At&t You SUCK!

15 of 20 (2,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 12:26:11 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Feb 13, 2011 at 12:39:06 PM

shaele wrote:

At&t You SUCK!

why wait? If you are that unhappy leave now, they had to set a limit on which plans to add it to and a base 59.99 plan was below the limit they wanted to set. The A-List feature is not available on the 69.99 plan either, you need the next one up to qualify. If the free mobile to mobile is that important to you then update the plan to the 69.99 base to qualify

shaele wrote:

At&t You SUCK!

why wait? If you are that unhappy leave now, they had to set a limit on which plans to add it to and a base 59.99 plan was below the limit they wanted to set. The A-List feature is not available on the 69.99 plan either, you need the next one up to qualify. If the free mobile to mobile is that important to you then update the plan to the 69.99 base to qualify

[ Edited ]
16 of 20 (2,491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 12:32:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

shaele wrote:

At&t You SUCK!

I won't. I have 3000+ rollover minutes just in 6 months on a 550 minute plan... so I use about 50 minutes across three lines every month. Because, well, most of my calls are already covered by M2M (on AT&T) and N&W.

With VZ, or Sprint (I was on Sprint most recently) I had the exact same minute bundles, but no rollover, which meant for 10 out of 12 months I used 50 minutes, and a couple months out of the year I might go over... that NEVER happens now.

Sure, it would be a nice perk to get, but its one of those that you either need because you burn a lot of minutes, or you already don't need.

shaele wrote:

At&t You SUCK!

I won't. I have 3000+ rollover minutes just in 6 months on a 550 minute plan... so I use about 50 minutes across three lines every month. Because, well, most of my calls are already covered by M2M (on AT&T) and N&W.

With VZ, or Sprint (I was on Sprint most recently) I had the exact same minute bundles, but no rollover, which meant for 10 out of 12 months I used 50 minutes, and a couple months out of the year I might go over... that NEVER happens now.

Sure, it would be a nice perk to get, but its one of those that you either need because you burn a lot of minutes, or you already don't need.

17 of 20 (2,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 12:40:49 PM
(0)
Expert

johninsj wrote:

shaele wrote:

At&t You SUCK!

If you have that many roll overs then you really do not need to be concerned about the free mobil to mobile, in 6 months your roll overs will start dropping off, their duration is only 12 months, so in 7 months your first month roll over will expire.

johninsj wrote:

shaele wrote:

At&t You SUCK!

If you have that many roll overs then you really do not need to be concerned about the free mobil to mobile, in 6 months your roll overs will start dropping off, their duration is only 12 months, so in 7 months your first month roll over will expire.

18 of 20 (2,479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 2:07:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

johninsj wrote:

shaele wrote:

At&t You SUCK!

Yes, I said that, about 10 posts back. After a year my rollover bank should stablize at roughly 6,000 minutes. So, should I ever need to talk on the phone for 4 days straight, I'll be covered.

I was reacting to the poster above me who was unhappy that the cheapest minute plan doesn't qualify. My point was the cheapest minute plan is mostly for people who, well, don't use many minutes.

wingrider01 wrote:

johninsj wrote:

shaele wrote:

At&t You SUCK!

Yes, I said that, about 10 posts back. After a year my rollover bank should stablize at roughly 6,000 minutes. So, should I ever need to talk on the phone for 4 days straight, I'll be covered.

I was reacting to the poster above me who was unhappy that the cheapest minute plan doesn't qualify. My point was the cheapest minute plan is mostly for people who, well, don't use many minutes.

19 of 20 (2,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 5:24:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

johninsj wrote:

I'm with you.  My roll-over bank is sitting at about 5800 minutes right now.  This month I have used more than normal and I have already used about 80 of my 550 minutes with less than a week left in my cycle.  The only reason I've used so many of my minutes this month is due to work confernce calls with Europe, which means they happen before 9:00am Chicago time, so I am often stuck in traffic during the call.

I have so many minutes I don't use each month that I have already returned my work Blackberry and just use my iPhone for work and personal calls (why carry 2 devices?).  I don't use many minutes, and I could got one level cheaper, if I converted my account back from a family plan to an individual plan since I am now the only line left on the account.  My wife had the 900 minute plan and after about a year of usage she realized that she wasn't really using that much, so she is on the cheapest plan and she still has roll-over minutes each month due to the AT&T M2M calls,  and the weekend calls.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

johninsj wrote:

I'm with you.  My roll-over bank is sitting at about 5800 minutes right now.  This month I have used more than normal and I have already used about 80 of my 550 minutes with less than a week left in my cycle.  The only reason I've used so many of my minutes this month is due to work confernce calls with Europe, which means they happen before 9:00am Chicago time, so I am often stuck in traffic during the call.

I have so many minutes I don't use each month that I have already returned my work Blackberry and just use my iPhone for work and personal calls (why carry 2 devices?).  I don't use many minutes, and I could got one level cheaper, if I converted my account back from a family plan to an individual plan since I am now the only line left on the account.  My wife had the 900 minute plan and after about a year of usage she realized that she wasn't really using that much, so she is on the cheapest plan and she still has roll-over minutes each month due to the AT&T M2M calls,  and the weekend calls.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

20 of 20 (2,415 Views)