AT&T nor Apple care!

AT&T nor Apple care!

Recently lost an iPhone - neither AT&T nor Apple will do anything about the person who "found" the phone and is now using it!!! 

typical response - I'm sorry, but we can't do anything to another persons account (even if the other person is using OUR PHONE - we have serial number and IMEI number). 

DO NOT PURCHASE the iCare package - they will not refund you the remainder of the contract UNLESS you have a copy of the ORIGINAL RECEIPT. Even though we had to register the iCare package with our personal information along with the serial number and IMEI number of our phone).

Go figure - someone can pick up your phone - put their SIM card in it and AT&T will let it hapen and DOES NOT CARE!!!!!  We have to file a police report, have them subpoena the phone records so that they can retrieve OUR PROPERTY that AT&T is aware of where it is at and who is using it!!!!!

GO FIGURE - WE ARE GOING TO VERIZON AFTER OUR CONTRACT IS UP!!!!

Robot Sad

Message 1 of 13 (1,373 Views)
Professor

Re: AT&T nor Apple care!

nocustomercare wrote:We have to file a police report, have them subpoena the phone records so that they can retrieve OUR PROPERTY that AT&T is aware of where it is at and who is using it!!!!!

DUH!  Neither AT&T or Apple are the police.  Neither has law enforcement jurisdiction.  You must utilize the appropriate methods for proving, by law, that someone else has possession of your property.

nocustomercare wrote:

Recently lost an iPhone - neither AT&T nor Apple will do anything about the person who "found" the phone and is now using it!!! 

What would you expect Apple to do?  Do you want them to cause the device to instanly explode?  Sorry, but you need to come back to reality, only AT&T could possibly have any affect here and they do not blacklist IMEI numbers.

nocustomercare wrote:

typical response - I'm sorry, but we can't do anything to another persons account (even if the other person is using OUR PHONE - we have serial number and IMEI number). 

Yes, this is Typical and EXACTLY the way it should be.  Otherwise what is to stop one person from messing up another persons account just because person A does not like person B?

nocustomercare wrote:

DO NOT PURCHASE the iCare package - they will not refund you the remainder of the contract UNLESS you have a copy of the ORIGINAL RECEIPT. Even though we had to register the iCare package with our personal information along with the serial number and IMEI number of our phone).

Why should they?  You no longer have proof of purchase?  What is to stop anyone from saying "My phone was lost/stolen/vanished and I want the remainder of the AppleCare plan refunded."?  How does Apple know that the person is being truthful? 

What would stop that same person from then using the extended warranty?

What happens if you sell your phone, and then becasue you are a scum bag, you call Apple and get a refund of the AppleCare warranty.  How does the person who bought your used phone and paid a premium because it supposedly had AppleCare not get screwed?

It sucks that you misplaced your phone, next time try to be more careful with your personal property.

It sucks that you lost money, next time try to be more careful with your personal property.

But neither Apple or AT&T have any responsibility here to you.

That's called business and is EXACTLY the way I would want ANY business to operate.

Don't go kidding yourself, Verizon will treat you the same way when you misplace your Driod or whatever phone you choose when you switch to them.

Message 2 of 13 (1,337 Views)
Professor

nocustomercare wrote:

Robot Sad

What exactly do you expect Verizon will do differently?

Message 3 of 13 (1,319 Views)
ACE - Professor

dwill05 wrote:

nocustomercare wrote:

Robot Sad

They'll do it with the "can you hear me now" guy.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13 (1,277 Views)
Guru

johninsj wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

nocustomercare wrote:

Robot Sad

They'll do it with the "can you hear me now" guy.

Before anyone should jump ship, it is important that you test the network area first. You shouldn't leave a company because something was lost of yours. It would be wise that you do some research. Whatever decision you make, i hope its for the best.

No.... They would do it with bloatware all over the phone Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 13 (1,261 Views)

MY POINT HAS BEEN MADE - AT&T representatives on this forum DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS!!!

They have control to be able to disable the phone by OUR serial number and our IMEI number which we have and have notified them of.

What would verizon do - DEACTIVATE THE PHONE THAT HAS BEEN LOST OR STOLEN!!!!  SIMPLE SOLUTION!

Thank you all for proving exactly what my subject reads - AT&T does not care. 

Message 6 of 13 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]

nocustomercare wrote:We have to file a police report, have them subpoena the phone records so that they can retrieve OUR PROPERTY that AT&T is aware of where it is at and who is using it!!!!!

DUH!  Neither AT&T or Apple are the police.  Neither has law enforcement jurisdiction.  You must utilize the appropriate methods for proving, by law, that someone else has possession of your property.   

We reported the phone to AT&T and the police on the DAY that it was lost/stolen!  AT&T has already verified that someone else is using our property - the phone is registered at our address with the appropriate serial number and IMEI number  DUH!!!!!!!

nocustomercare wrote:

What would you expect Apple to do?  Do you want them to cause the device to instanly explode?  Sorry, but you need to come back to reality, only AT&T could possibly have any affect here and they do not blacklist IMEI numbers.

APPLE can take our serial number and imei number that is REGISTERED TO US AND OWNED BY US and not let it connect to iTunes................DUH!!!!!

nocustomercare wrote:

Yes, this is Typical and EXACTLY the way it should be.  Otherwise what is to stop one person from messing up another persons account just because person A does not like person B?

You missed the point - you cannot mess up another persons account if you don't have the serial number and IMEI number for that phone.......DUH!!!!!

nocustomercare wrote:

Why should they?  You no longer have proof of purchase?  Why do you need proof of purchase when it is registered in our name/address/phone number and e-mail address - that is proof enough.  Do you have your receipt on something you purchased, loaded on your computer and REGISTERED with the company?????     DUH!!!!!    What is to stop anyone from saying "My phone was lost/stolen/vanished and I want the remainder of the AppleCare plan refunded."?  How does Apple know that the person is being truthful? 

What would stop that same person from then using the extended warranty?

What happens if you sell your phone, and then becasue you are a scum bag, you call Apple and get a refund of the AppleCare warranty.  not everyone is a (please be courteous) How does the person who bought your used phone and paid a premium because it supposedly had AppleCare not get screwed?  something a (edited)

It sucks that you misplaced your phone, next time try to be more careful with your personal property.

It sucks that you lost money, next time try to be more careful with your personal property.

But neither Apple or AT&T have any responsibility here to you.

That's called business and is EXACTLY the way I would want ANY business to operate.

Don't go kidding yourself, Verizon will treat you the same way when you misplace your Driod or whatever phone you choose when you switch to them.

Message 7 of 13 (1,218 Views)
Professor

nocustomercare wrote:

MY POINT HAS BEEN MADE - AT&T representatives on this forum DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS!!!

They have control to be able to disable the phone by OUR serial number and our IMEI number which we have and have notified them of.

What would verizon do - DEACTIVATE THE PHONE THAT HAS BEEN LOST OR STOLEN!!!!  SIMPLE SOLUTION!

First of all, there are no AT&T customer services representatives on this forum.  This is a forum of customers.  The very few people on this forum who do work for AT&T are here on their own and do not represent AT&T in an official manner.

Do you know for a fact that Verizon deactivates a phone that has been lost or stolen?  Even if they do (which I doubt), I'm pretty sure they would require a police report and not just someone waltzing in and saying delete IMEI #####################.

Message 8 of 13 (1,204 Views)

[ Edited ]

Satchev - You must have (please be courteous) If my phone is registered VIA serial number and IME number through both AT&T and Apple and someone picks it up puts in their SIM card to us it - that is theft. Unless I have already cleared it out and provided the person a hand writen dated receipt.  Getting back on track if a person picks up my phone and puts their SIM card in it all AT&T has to do is shut down the phone then all that person has to do is switch his SIM card back to his old phone. Therefore his phone service would not be interrupted. How supid can you get on this. It's good to know AT&T encourages ID theft and refuses to protect the registered customer by sheilding the theif.  Not everyone thinks like a scumbag thief!!!

Husband of nocustomercare.

Message 9 of 13 (1,211 Views)
Professor

nocustomercare wrote:

You missed the point - you cannot mess up another persons account if you don't have the serial number and IMEI number for that phone.......DUH!!!!!

Here's a scenario to consider.  You have a fight with the wife or significant other and get kicked out of the house.  You significant other still has the box your iPhoine came in, which conveniently has the serial number and IMEI printed on the back of the box.  How can someone else have that information?  That's how.

It appears that you are unhappy.  Calling someone a scumbag in your posting isn't helpful.  Perhaps you should leave for Verizon right now.

Message 10 of 13 (1,210 Views)

nocustomercare wrote:

First of all, there are no AT&T customer services representatives on this forum.  This is a forum of customers.  The very few people on this forum who do work for AT&T are here on their own and do not represent AT&T in an official manner.  (doesn't matter - my point has been proven--and I have seen some posts from representatives of AT&T on here)

Do you know for a fact that Verizon deactivates a phone that has been lost or stolen?  Even if they do (which I doubt), I'm pretty sure they would require a police report and not just someone waltzing in and saying delete IMEI #####################.  YES - we called and asked them if we switch to their service, what would happen in this case............they will deactivate the phone - all carriers have that power - what do you think they do when a customer doesn't pay their bill...........TURN THE PHONE OFF!!!!  They have the power to help, but refuse!

Message 11 of 13 (600 Views)

dwill -

Here's a scenario to consider.  You have a fight with the wife or significant other and get kicked out of the house.  You significant other still has the box your iPhoine came in, which conveniently has the serial number and IMEI printed on the back of the box.  How can someone else have that information?  That's how.  Well, if you have a wife/husband or significant other - unless that person has administrative rights to that account that the phone is on, they cannot do anything with the serial number or imei number to another persons phone.

It appears that you are unhappy.  Calling someone a scumbag in your posting isn't helpful.  I did not use the word until it was used as a reply to my post - implying that I would do something so scummy!  Perhaps you should leave for Verizon right now.

Message 12 of 13 (595 Views)
Former Moderator

This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.  Thank you for your input.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!

Scoobydoo
Message 13 of 13 (580 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.