Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 13, 2011
10:29:27 AM
View profile
AT & T needs other options for people who have real problems with cellphone

I bought a Samsung Impression in July and from the start it was a problem to send a text message. So I called customer service and they sent me 2 more cellphone just like it and they all did the same thing. You would have to turn them off to get the text to send. Finally they replaced it with a Solstice and after receiving it I'm not happy with it, its not a phone I would have chose. Why couldn't they give me the option of buying another phone to honor the rest of my contract? It would seem to me they would win with this solution they would get more money from me and I could have a phone I picked out.

I bought a Samsung Impression in July and from the start it was a problem to send a text message. So I called customer service and they sent me 2 more cellphone just like it and they all did the same thing. You would have to turn them off to get the text to send. Finally they replaced it with a Solstice and after receiving it I'm not happy with it, its not a phone I would have chose. Why couldn't they give me the option of buying another phone to honor the rest of my contract? It would seem to me they would win with this solution they would get more money from me and I could have a phone I picked out.

AT & T needs other options for people who have real problems with cellphone

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 10:32:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

They match replacement/warranty devices with ones that are either similar looking or similar performing to the previous one that was replaced. That's just the way it works.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

They match replacement/warranty devices with ones that are either similar looking or similar performing to the previous one that was replaced. That's just the way it works.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT & T needs other options for people who have real problems with cellphone

2 of 3 (502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 10:49:12 AM
(0)
Guru

You do have the option of buying a phone to keep for the rest of your contract.  Nothing ever prevents that.  I hope nobody told you you couldn't buy a phone, because that would be flat out wrong.  However, most people aren't very happy when they learn the real price of the phones they want.  That Solstice you were given, for example, is currently available new from AT&T's website for $219.99 if you're not upgrade eligible.

If you want a free phone through warranty, there will be limited options.  Actually, that's probably more than Samsung would have done.  The warranty originally comes from the manufacturer.  All the manufactures currently implement their warranty program by repairing, not replacing, the phone.  AT&T chooses to provide the replacement service as an added convenience.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

You do have the option of buying a phone to keep for the rest of your contract.  Nothing ever prevents that.  I hope nobody told you you couldn't buy a phone, because that would be flat out wrong.  However, most people aren't very happy when they learn the real price of the phones they want.  That Solstice you were given, for example, is currently available new from AT&T's website for $219.99 if you're not upgrade eligible.

If you want a free phone through warranty, there will be limited options.  Actually, that's probably more than Samsung would have done.  The warranty originally comes from the manufacturer.  All the manufactures currently implement their warranty program by repairing, not replacing, the phone.  AT&T chooses to provide the replacement service as an added convenience.

Re: AT & T needs other options for people who have real problems with cellphone

3 of 3 (480 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments